Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone used Laminex Alaskan?

Page 1 of 1
Anyone used Laminex Alaskan Natural Finish?
We have it in our main bathroom and laundry. We're really pleased with how it's come up - I will admit I was a little concerned as the sample made the pattern look quite "chunky" (for want of a better word) but it's not anywhere near as in-your-face as I feared it might be. It actually gives a lovely subtle detail/interest over plain white (and should nicely disguise the dirty fingerprints and toothpaste dribbles that small boys seem unable to avoid making 25 seconds after I've finished cleaning!)

Here a closeup of our bathroom vanity - the benchtop is Earthly and the kickboard is Fossil.

Slightly Random
We have it in our main bathroom and laundry. We're really pleased with how it's come up - I will admit I was a little concerned as the sample made the pattern look quite "chunky" (for want of a better word) but it's not anywhere near as in-your-face as I feared it might be. It actually gives a lovely subtle detail/interest over plain white (and should nicely disguise the dirty fingerprints and toothpaste dribbles that small boys seem unable to avoid making 25 seconds after I've finished cleaning!)

Here a closeup of our bathroom vanity - the benchtop is Earthly and the kickboard is Fossil.

Looks nice, and definitely more subdued than you would imagine off the card. It also looiks more beige in large, than grey doesn't it... hmm wonder if it will go with light warm grey tiles?
It does look kind of beige in the picture, doesn't it? It was taken with my phone and it tends to have a bit of trouble with white balance). I think it's the sort of neutral that picks up tones from the colours around it.

The Earthly benchtop we've used with it is a sort of warm grey with brownish flecks (on the Laminex website here) and our floor tiles are a warmish mid-grey as well (not as dark as they look in this photo). I think a paler warm grey tile would look fine with it.
Related
19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

27/04/2024
Laminex Essastone Discontinued - What are some good alternat

General Discussion

Caesarstone, quantum zero, Q Stone zero, porcelain. All the manufacturers are pivoting into zero silica materials. Google any of those and have a look. Some are still…

26/07/2023
Builder used the wrong concrete mix

Building A New House

there is only 20% difference in concrete strength between 20 mpa and 25 mpa, so check with your engineer first if it fits his calculation tolerances. There are ways to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum