Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Statesman build Barossa Estate

Page 3 of 3
Haha, this has got to be the only time in your life to get excited about having a portable toilet on your property
Its been a while since the last update, so got more photos. Slab is down now just waiting for the first builders invoice and the frame to arrive.

Looks wonderful, btam. Congratulations.
Frame is up now, just waiting on photobucket to reinstate my account so i can upload pictures. They closed my account because i hadn't used it in 10 days, stupid photobucket

Went by today and the gutters are on now, so roof should be pretty soon. Have been very busy organizing solar, concreting, carpets, tiles. So hopefully when the house is built every thing should just fall in place.
It is amazing how quickly it can turn into a house. Looks great, btam.
Just a quick update, the roof is on now, insulation done, gyprock done, And brick work is about half way through.

So exciting for you to see your house coming together. We are building with Statesman too (well hopefully, no council approval as yet), hoping I can ask you a few questions?

The concrete bit under your brick, is this just the slab exposed so you can inspect for termites, or is it something else? I actually don't mind it at all, and reluctant to fork out more cash for upgrades!

I saw an earlier post you had chosen a Monument roof, is this a lighter colour? I like it! Did you go with the painted zincalume gutters or the colourbond? (another thing I can't decide on!)
I did ask to have the slab raised, didnt cost any extra. And the roof is monument looks a lot lighter once in place and yes i went with the painted zincalume gutters as i couldnt justify the cost of colourbond.

Hope this helps
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

25/05/2023
Knockdown build in Heidelberg area - recommendations please

Building A New House

Hi We have finally decided to complete a KDR on our corner plot in NE Melbourne suburbs. Given its a corner plot approx. 400 sqm just a standard design may not fit the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum