Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes

Page 1 of 1
My partner and I are looking at building a new home through coral homes (santorini 23) I have been reading a lot of forums of people having the upgraded inclusions, has anyone used the designer inclusions? And a few upgrades and if so roughly how much extra did you spend after the tell you the estimate pricing. Our block if flat and has class m soil so we are lucky in that regards although this home is for us we cannot afford to spend ridiculous money on inclusions especially if the designer are only very very standard. Any feedback would be great and if anyone has dealt with the port Macquarie region sales office and had similar disappointment by the sales consultant, or have advice on who else we can speak to as we really like their plan and have heard good feedback about the build.
Anything will help as this is our first home.
You would get a lot more replies if you put this in the new home section rather than the OB.

Stewie
Hi Elise and Tim

Nice to hear you have chosen Coral, we are currently building with them too in Queensland. It is also our first home and we didnt want to spend much extra... however dont be naive is the best advice I can give you. We went into this thinking that the listing price was great and the level of inclusions was fantastic. We also have a flat block with M Class Soil, we still had over $45k additional with over $15k in that of site costs.

Level of inclusions we went with the indulgence because at the time the promo was for free carpets and tiles which we went for (we ended upgrading the carpets as we didnt like the base range of colours only 5 to choose from and disgusting shades of brown) When you end u going to your colour appointment also be prepared to upgrade, however I think the prices were fairly reasonable.

At the end of the day whatever you think you are going to spend.. add at least $80 -100K on top of that for upgrades, incidentals, landscaping, site costs, fencing, driveways, lighting, etc.
Hope that helps.
charlinic6
At the end of the day whatever you think you are going to spend.. add at least $80 -100K on top of that for upgrades, incidentals, landscaping, site costs, fencing, driveways, lighting, etc.
Hope that helps.

This. We are getting the Indulgence package but we're looking at over $60K on top of the base price for that with site costs, a couple of small changes and upgrades and things like carpet and tiles. This house building stuff aint cheap!
Thanks for your help guys, It deffinately isn't cheap! We will get there
Hi, ummm lets see if I can help.
My house is possibly one of the cheapest I know, nothing fancy, but my gosh the kichens just being put in and I love it. We stuck with designer, and only upgraded the carpet as didn't like hard carpet in bedrooms.
To keep costs down be weary of electrical, theres alot of "nice", unneeded items.
Our contract was only about $40000 the base but we modified the life out of any plan and put my style of kitchen in.
Saved a bit by sticking the laundry in the garage. I reccommend it, why does anyone need a squashy little room for a tub and machine. We used the space and money we saved on the additional walls elsewhere. Personal choice though.
Enjoy the journey, building a house is a great experience, and doesn't have to cost a fortune either.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/06/2023
VK Platinum Homes or Laksh Homes?

Building A New House

Ask for references and speak to them. If they are defensive or try to avoid the request, walk.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum