Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR:Coral Daydream 28:SW Sydney - Pendant/blind pics page 39

Page 40 of 40
Home theatre room is a long term project for us. We're happy to wait a few years as it makes the perfect second toy room. You know, because they need two
LOL Our little guy loves it in there and spends a LOT of time in there with his cars. The other two like to go in there too and lay on the floor with their ipads - I think because the wifi reception is good in there and our carpet is soooo nice. Our plans include curtains as well as blinds, full surround sound, reclining theatre lounges and we're still deciding between a projector - which we had in our last house - and an ultra HD tv. It'll probably take us years to decide!
Yes new surround sound and a bigger tv is on my hubbys list too. We have the theatre lounges we just got cheap amart ones and I'm glad we did cos the cat has been using them as scratching posts

We haven't set the surround sound up properly yet again cos we have been lazy haha
I just received my new pop art pictures today that I want to hang at our entry I'll post a pic on my thread haha

My build
viewtopic.php?t=76386
Wow wow wow Melly! Your home looks so fantastic! It's just right
I'm so happy you're enjoying the house.. Love the shutters too!
The lights are very sparkly Melly and that table is gorgeous! I'm soooo glad to hear you're feeling better. My in laws left yesterday for a three and a half week holiday. The instant they drove down the street I felt so much ...fresher
it's not them personally at all, it's just space and a house to yourself... Ahh bliss.
I love the shutters. Sorry did you say if you'll get them/have them everywhere?
And that's awesome about entertaining. You're making up for lost time

The kids are loving the house?
cat, we're getting roller blinds through the rest of the house, but not for a while. Paper blinds it is until recover financially a bit!
Oh and yes, the kids are loving the house. The little one especially. He's four and every time there is something new; the blinds, pendants, dining table, fans etc, he grabs people as soon as they walk in the house and drags them off to show them. He gets REALLY angry if you say it's 'my' house not 'our' house! LOL He was the one who was most excited throughout the build too.
Melly, how much were your shutters?
It was just over $4K for the three rooms. The boys bedroom windows are huge as you can see. We got the insulated shutters since the rooms face north and I think that made them a bit $$$.
Mellywil
It was just over $4K for the three rooms. The boys bedroom windows are huge as you can see. We got the insulated shutters since the rooms face north and I think that made them a bit $$$.

Oh that's still a great price, we got quotes for shutters in our front bedroom and the living area so 2 x 60x210 & 2 x 90x210 and it was 3.5k, but we live on the Mid North Coast so I guess its a bit dearer... Still annoying
Our house is a money pit! Still love it though
We've put a hold on purchases for a bit while we try to sort out the retaining walls and regroup after the thousands we've paid out since we finished. Besides, we're not sure where we're going to spend the next bit of money... more window coverings? A new lounge? Home theatre room? Outdoor setting? The possiblities are endless - but the funds are not! LOL
Mellywil
The possiblities are endless - but the funds are not! LOL

Lol! I hear you!!
Keep us posted on your retaining walls and what you spend your next lot of money on
Haha so true!
A couple more pics of our pendants - this time of the kitchen. One of the pendants was damaged and we've finally managed to get around to replacing it.

This week we finally have some things that were outstanding due to be fixed. I'll keep you updated as to whether or not it actually happens.
Looks like you've lived there for years already! The red features are a nice touch.
Yeah, the messy fridge makes it feel very 'lived in'. The red kettle, toaster and coffee machine are awesome. Absolute coincidence with the teacup and just a messy kid not putting his cup in the dishwasher with the other cup. BUT, the Minnie Mouse tea-towel is not an accident
I plan on getting more Minnie kitchen accessories in Disneyland next year to add to the effect
Everything is looking so lovely! Love the dining table and chairs. Nick Scali? Bet it feel amazing to be in your own home

MrsJM
Love the dining table and chairs. Nick Scali? Bet it feel amazing to be in your own home

Ah yes, my fourth child (aka the dining table). I love it. You should see me cringe whenever anybody scraps a plate or cutlery across it. Nick Scali indeed. We have the matching TV table coming next month and now we're thinking we'll get the buffet too. The concrete/acacia combo really works with our colours and softens the white. Did I mention I love it?
Hi all please sharing how to monitor progress land settle. Thank you

Related
28/09/2023
Carlisle KDR site cost after second soil test

Building A New House

We were lucky in that our old house was so small (86 square metres) compared to the new house, they were able to take enough readings around the old backyard house before…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum