Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Question: Slab down???

Page 1 of 1
Hi, we settled our land 17/04/14. How long do we need to wait for the build to start? We are building with Ventura in Suffolk Park Caversham,WA. Anyone building with Ventura with the same issue?

Kdolls
Lots of variables that are not written here.
Have you done prestart? Do you have a building permit? etc.
From signing up with a builder it could take from 3 months to 3 years to get to site, it really depends on so many things.
How long is a piece of string
no seriously as above have you done prestart yet and obtained building permit?
Thanks for the replies. Done with our prestart Nov 2013. I think we got building permit early June.

Kdolls
Who knows what the builders are doing behind the scenes... best to ask Ventura when you will be moving into construction phase.
Possibly still in the scheduling stage. Also with the weather that we are experiencing lately, a lot of the slabs that were booked up might of been delayed - having a flow on effect to yours indirectly.
My advise would be patient - better to wait for a trusted tradie than to push them to find some cowboy to do the job quickly.
@tim_k - thanks! Just feelin the pain of paying the rent and the interest on our loan at the same time. Hopefully it will start soon

Kdolls
... you'll be in the place before you know it ...
kdolls
@tim_k - thanks! Just feelin the pain of paying the rent and the interest on our loan at the same time. Hopefully it will start soon

Kdolls

just an observation - if youre feeling teh pain now, its going to get worse. depending on single/double and size of the home youre building and how many issues you have a long the way, the pain of paying mortgage and interest is going to get much worse. My view is you should NOT be feeling the pain, and then you know youve budgeted accordingly. I hope you mean you are merely annoyed at having to pay mortgage and rent at the same time.
Hi Ponzu, my husband is payin the rent and im in charged of the mortgage repayment. My shoppin money is goin to the loan. Thats why im in pain. I want the build to start so when the house is done my husband will be incharged of the loan repayment.

Kdolls
i really dont get married couples that chip in or pay certain things out of their seperate pays. joint account and a budget is the way to go. Anyways, good luck.
That seems fair... he pays the rent, then the mortgage, and she gets her shopping money back? Why do I not have this deal?
@Ponzu-
80% of my pay goes to our savings before we started building and 20% is my shopping money. Thats why husband pays most of the bills.

Kdolls
Related
22/05/2023
Rollershutters – Down or Up on Holidays?

Safer Living

How long is a "long period"? For a few weeks, it should be ok. It also depends on the area you live in...I would let your neighbours know that you will be away too and…

20/05/2023
Drainage down the side of house

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi HomeOne, I'm in the midst of landscaping a cat run down the side of my house, and the recent rains have me wondering if I need to install some sort of drainage. I've…

21/05/2023
Knock down semi, inner west Sydney

Building A New House

Hi I live in a 100yr old semi and my neighbour added an additional floor last yr and our architect has advised that we can knock down our semi and build a free-standing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum