Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

GJ Gardner unter Valley - anyone building or considering?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has had contact with GJ Gardner Hunter Valley. If you have would love to know how the build / building process has gone. Or if you considered them, love to know why you went elsewhere. Feel feee to message me if you'd prefer.

Cheers.
we have and it was an absolute nightmare, and from what we hear we aren't the only ones to have this experience.
feel free to contact me if you would like further information, however I would suggest that if it isn't too late look else where. unfortunately its a matter of picking the best of a bad bunch around here, but I can assure you there are PLENTY of better options then GJs.
currently building with GJ Gardner swan hill (Victoria), I found them very lovely at first... but their interest tapered off once they had us signed, and locked in. I wouldn't work with them again. every time a tradie made a mistake (which happens, I mean most of them are just kids doing an apprenticeship for $7/hr, I cant get too mad at them) but ive had to point it out to gj gardner. they didn't seem to be keeping an eye on tradies at all. just ticking off whether it was 'done' didn't take too much notice about whether it was done 'correctly' or looking 'pretty' I haven't been able to get excited at any stage, because there have been errors that ive had to chase up myself. and I feel like I shouldn't have to do that. if I wanted to project manage the build on my own, I wouldn't have enlisted a building company in the first place.
xanthanotus
we have and it was an absolute nightmare, and from what we hear we aren't the only ones to have this experience.
feel free to contact me if you would like further information, however I would suggest that if it isn't too late look else where. unfortunately its a matter of picking the best of a bad bunch around here, but I can assure you there are PLENTY of better options then GJs.
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

11/12/2023
GJ Gardner Homes North East Melbourne

Building A New House

May I ask why you chose not to use GJ Gardiner? I'm actually meeting with one of the sales guys tomorrow for an appointment. Definitely not signing anything yet…

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum