Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First home - REDINK - time for some PHOTOS!!!

Page 5 of 6
How good does that look!! Congratulations
kellydoug
How good does that look!! Congratulations

Thanks Kellydoug
ToriMatt8132
Wow, that is fresh! Conslabulations
so exciting!!!

Thanks ToriMatt
archetto
Congrats! I found the slab so exciting, it was the 'beginning' for me.

Thanks Archettp - sure it is THE BEGINNING
Congratulations, Nish!
Congrats nish! That is very exciting. Yay for the start of construction
Please Advice!!!

We went over the weekend to check on the brickworks and were very disappointed, the brick work is Sh!t… every wall has broken bricks, big gaps, mortal all over… we have no experience in building at all and this is our very first house… guys I need advice.. what should I do…. Hubby will be call some independent inspector and let see how it goes….

Here are the photos

inner bricks

and some more...

and some more from Garage and Alfesco

From my understanding, the lack of mortar in between bricks is ok and not required for strength/joint, the walls will get covered by render/plaster anyways.

However, i would be concerned about the broken bricks used in the wall, as they are defective and will not be at 100% of their designed strength.
Very poor workmanship ,I would get a independent inspector to do a report or contact the MBA they have brickwork inspectors .
the block work appears to be acceptable but in places you are not getting a full half bond ,the brickwork on the other hand is very poor ,If this guy was on my site he would be looking for a new job tomorrow.
Yep I agree, make them redo it. That's a perfect example of a tradie who takes no pride in their work so even if (and its a massive if!) it was structurally adequate id be making them fix it, preferably with a qualified brickie!!

I had similar problems with my house and my builder was more than happy to have them torn down and redone... at the bricklayer's expense of course!
Check out the ThinkBrick guide to masonry construction. ThinkBrick is the industry body that represents all of the big brick companies...

http://thinkbrick.com.au/system/uploads ... 1407727890
I would not be paying the bill for that! I'd be asking for a meeting with your SS and run through it, if your builder doesn't already do a plate high inspection with you.
Holy cow, that is horrendous. I'd be furious if I were you... Who are they hiring anyway, a kindergarten students??!!

I really do hope the builder will compensate you and willing to re-do the whole thing again. I'm sure that kind of work will give RedInk a really bad rep in the social media if they don't fix it!
OMG... That brick work is not acceptable Nish13,.. let them redo..
Bump, what happened with this build?
Hi Nish - have you had any luck getting the issues addressed? I hope they've fixed things for you and that your build is again progressing to plan.
am back after nearly half year... we still does not have keys yet. PCI is booked this wednesday..... the journey has been roller coaster with Redink with lots of mistake and redoing same thing over and over..... main issue was the tiling, they could not get the measurement rights for the shower mixer and the tiles had to come off four times!!! they got it right the fifth time after hubby sending them step by step photo tutorial.....
Related
19/04/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

So it looks like we finally have some movement on site! Definitely later than expected, but I'll take any progress at this point. I'll drop by over the weekend to get…

6/10/2023
First time building.

General Discussion

Can anyone give me any onfo on New Homes WA? Good or bad, hopefully good just need to know if my choice was good or not? Thanks ❤️

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum