Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Choice by Projex?

Page 1 of 1
At that stage of looking for best builder who could build a house the way i want as rather small block with only 50% coverage allowed.

I was wondering whether anyone has built or is building with Choice by Projex?
I am also searching for more information on this builder.

Been to their display home in Alkimos and it was quite nice.

However, I have not heard of them before and wonder if anyone has built with them before?
I have not been to any display homes as I feel they are just that display and would probably be very different to actual build. I have not found any more info on them though it seems they were called or are associated with niche living? I used to see many ads on TV about 2 years ago though have not heard a lot about them in a long time...
we are building with choice by projex.
after about 7 or 8 meetings with diffrent building companies we were about ready to give up my partner found a plan of "the boracay" in our price range so we arranged an interview, the saleslady was so genuine and helpful and we could connect with her on a personal level (ie i didnt feel like she just had her eyes on her bonus) . we signed up not long after, it has been a slow process trying to adjust our plan but that was partly because she was away on annual leave and we also had research to do being our first home. we signed up march 30th. we are about a week away from our final contract with pre-start to follow.
looked up a few of the products they use and they seem to be pretty good quality. im yet to find a review on these guys but so far so good. be interesting to see if anyone else has gone through them because i dont know anyone besides us. i remember going to our first meeting there and they were only just setting up the showroom so dont think theyve been around for long.
yes we are building with choice by projex at the Providence Wellard at the moment. Everything is going pretty good so far, and hope it will continue.
Below time line so far, which we thought is incredibly quick! About 1 month since slab down we have roof frame on.

13.02.2015- Slab Down
26.02.2015- Brickwork Started
10.03.2015- Brickwork Completed
11.03.2015- Roof Timber delivered to site
17.03.2015- Roof Carpenter starting on site
20.03.2015- Roof Carpenter completed

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74970&p=1281860&sid=11664a788c3a4e01043d760b0b15a23f#p1281860
No kidding about your timeline being quick!!

Our slab down was one day after yours (14 Feb) and brickies due to start only next week...
NA
I should be fair and say we are quite happy with the quality of our house construction, and as I mentioned previously we are also stoked that it's moving along at the rate it is (our neighbour's slab was laid the same week as ours but they only have their roof trusses while our Colourbond was installed a couple of weeks ago, perfect timing for the rain we've been having).
Previous post was speaking out of frustration; however, I'd be interested to know how others have gone communicating with their builders?
Hey dani, Good to know you're in the village , we are building in the providience too but lucky for us ours is extraordinary at this moment. (Touch wood ) We only had slab down in feb and now almost lock up according to our supervisor. For us we only have the one supervisor and he seems very nice.
Good luck on your build dani
Hi thedoublej, that's really great you're having a wonderful experience building with Choice by Projex. I hope for your sake it continues that way!
It's interesting that you've been speaking with your site supervisor. I wonder if we have the same supervisor (Chris)?
We went on site once and have a look at our home and he happens to be there
.yes he is amazing
It looks like we are the first unhappy campers building with choice by projex. The communication to date has been unprofessional, many promises, with no delivery. Spent a couple hours at their office for prestart, several weeks later they contact us to let us know they lost everything! Our choices were written down on a pad of paper, which probably ended up in a bin. We had to rethink and re choose via email, also received notification the supplier changed, we compared the new supplier to old one and there is definitely a downgrade in product quality, how disappointing. Slab down promised weeks ago, been trying to contact someone, calls and emails not returned. We are extremely disappointed we chose this company above Celebration Homes.
Hi Gracebosh,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience so far with Choice by Projex.
If you could please send through your contact details and concerns to info@choicelivinghomeswa.com.au
and our Managing Director will contact you directly to discuss and resolve any existing issues you are having.

Kind regards,

Holly
We have had a very disappointing start with choice. We had been given a price of $5000 for a flooring package pre contract which we decided to take when we went to sign it wasn't in the contract by were told not to worry add it in at prestart it would be the same price ect by an employee who we were dealing with from the start. After prestart we got the price back at $18000 for the same flooring. When we bought this to their attention even when the pricing was in writing they said too bad that was precontract anything we said or did before that contract was signed doesn't matter. After speaking to the building commission they agreed with the builder. There was a couple of other smaller things we were told were standard and at prestart they changed to an extra. The communication is very poor I don't think they have called back once when they have said they would. Aswell as the flooring price rise the painting peice went up aswell add the blinds all that we can't do anything about. With the prestart costs we got told that we would have them within 48hrs and when we called 3 days later got told that they changed the policy to a week and received them 8 or 9 days later after many phone calls. Very disappointing start really not looking foward to the rest of the process with them
Hi Craig123, I am very sorry to hear you have had issues with your prestart and pricing. I believe our managing director has been in contact with you in regards to this. If you have any further concerns please email them through to me at info@choicelivinghomeswa.com.au

Kind Regards,

Holly
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum