Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with BGC Residential??

Page 2 of 2
AntiBGC 1+
.......We were in a Commodore Homes Display home recently, and the salesman was telling a young couple they would have their new home in twelve months.

I wonder if the salesman told the young couple that they are probably also liable for price increases while waiting.
Just in case the message isn't clear from everyone else that's posted so far, avoid BCG Residential like the plague! I'm building with WA Housing Centre and it's turned into the biggest mistake of my life. The sales people just flat out lie to you (I'm a salesman and they are extremely unethical), the delays are ridiculous.

Our land was titled prior to sign up and we are building a standard 3x2 directly off their premade plans, we didn't even change anything. Yet here we are almost 7 months after pad down and we don't even have a roof yet. We brought our concerns to our CA, and she promised us - "You'll be in your home by the end of the year I promise" and after another two months of minimal work completed she is now backtracking. Lie after lie after lie. I dont know how these guys get away with it, god knows if I tried to pull this crap in my line of work I'd have Consumer Affairs all over me.

If your reading this and your considering any of the BCG Residential group to build your home, learn from my mistake. Read the reviews, make an informed decision, dont be conned!
I would like to share my build story -

When I was looking at builder I heard similar stories about BGC builders especially Commodore and National. Then I came across Impressions and I decided to build with them. They have great designs and sales was really good.
The main reason I decided to build with them is because in my contract it is mentioned that if builder does not finish house within 365 days from the date of contract signed then builder pays me $30 per day as liquidity damages. No other builder gave me this kind of written guarantee. So far build progress has been on time. Fingers crossed
We have replied previously to this post. We signed up in June 2013 with BC Commodore Homes and 28 months later the house still is not finished. $30 per day is no compensation after you have been paying two mortgages for 28 months.
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.
DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM!
AntiBGC 1+
We have replied previously to this post. We signed up in June 2013 with BC Commodore Homes and 28 months later the house still is not finished. $30 per day is no compensation after you have been paying two mortgages for 28 months.
THIS HAS BEEN THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE.
DO NOT BECOME A VICTIM!

Agreed $30 per day is not going to cover what you have gone through but its good to have such things written in contract. It shows builder is committed towards your build
I really think Commodore should be sued
Our builder has missed their contract deadline and liquidated damages was arbitrary set as $30 per day.

It is reasonable for you to contest this with your builder it you were not consulted about liquidated damages and informed by your builder how they came to the amount of $30 per day before the contract was signed.

Liquidated damages is not a penalty clause if your builder does not meet completion date, it is meant to be a fair and genuine pre-estimate of the loss you as the customer will incur if the completion date is not met.

If your builder did not ask you what a fair and genuine pre-estimate of your loss will be, you may have a case to ask your builder to review the daily liquidated damages to cover your fair and genuine loss.

A fair estimate would be to cover your rent, gas, electricity, water etc. Anything that you would be paying twice for.

We have successfully come to an agreement with our builder for a higher amount by submitting a case to them that the $30 was not a fair and genuine pre-estimate of our loss and that they did not consult us before the contract was signed.
Update 2/12/2015. We are still waiting to have our home completed by Commodore Homes. 30 months now and still waiting. We had our second PCI inspection two weeks ago, and there was 1 item that required correction. About 1 hours work has now taken more than two weeks.
Man that is a long time.
I signed my contract on 20th of Feb 2014.
Close up stage is a week away this is for a double storey brick fully rendered house too.
Related
16/04/2024
Hardie Linea Vs BGC Nuline Plus

Building A New House

We are building a house that was planned to be clad in Hardie Linea, our builder has now requested to swap this for BGC Nuline Plus. They look fairly similar and he has…

29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum