Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Dale Alcock | The Stoneleigh @ The Vines | Moved In!

Page 2 of 8
tmwoburn
Oh Fiji...lucky ducks! Congrats on wedding. House choices are going to look lovely!

Thanks again tm! Loving your build too. We came *this close* to building The Vale S2, also through Kassy.

So a friend of ours rang today and said she went past and saw that our bricks were being laid. I thought she must have had the wrong house; our slab was only poured 3 weeks ago and we were told that there was a brickie shortage. Also no one's contacted us from DAH and as far as I know our slab payment hasn't gone through yet.

We were thinking late January for sure.

But there you go; she sent us some pics as proof!

Yay for bricks!
So exciting when things happen and you were not expecting it. You are very lucky with the brickies I have heard of some people waiting 8-10 weeks. Once the brickies began I started doing daily (sometimes twice daily
) drives to our block, lucky we only live 5 mins away. We are onto the grey float at the moment but don't expect to get that finished before Christmas break. Hopefully you might get to plate height before they stop for Christmas.
We visited the block on Boxing Day to see a small amount of progress. Essentially we had 3 of 4 external walls finished which we were pretty happy with considering it was the Xmas period.

We went back today half expecting there to be no further progress, but to our surprise we found most of the internal brickwork completed. Good work brickies!

3/4 of the Home Theater:

Most of the Master Bedroom, Ensuite and Dressing Room:

Kitchen / Pantry (seems a bit small but too late!):

Lounge / Dining from kitchen, with Theater Room in the foreground:

Dining / Games Room void, rear of house:

View from the back:

Back / north side:

Panorama of back / south side:
Looks really good how exciting! Love it at brick stage when you all really see it coming together.

Loving your colour selections too everything works very nicely together!
Looking good mixz0r, we are building in Woburn too, progress is looking like it's coming along well. Are you just behind the park towards the Malvern Springs side.

Love your Sketchup drawings too, i downloaded it and tried drawing ours but cant get the hang of it!
Cheers!

I guess so, sounds about right but I don't know the area that well.

Sketchup can be pretty frustrating at times, but I'm a bit of a nerd so found it pretty easy to learn. There are lots of good tutorials on youtube. It's a very useful program if you put the time in, and in the pre-build period I had lots of motivation to build the house myself.
I thought I might upload our final plans for anyone who's interested.

Floor Plan:

Room Layouts 1:

Room Layouts 2:

Elevations:

Electrical:
Hi everyone, this is my very first post.

My partner and I are looking to build the Stoneliegh in Margaret River. Trawling the internet for information/advice, we came across your posts and found them very helpful - thank you.

We are feeling quite anxious about the thought of building. Mainly due to the warnings we have received from friends/family and reading stuff online. We also became very wary with D.A honestly when a house and land package we went to look at, turned out to be falsely advertised, with a different house in the pictures and in the description online.

We are currently awaiting the house we are wanting to build to be priced (which is taking over 2 weeks). Not sure if we are being unfair thinking this should be done quicker?

We are basically wanting the same as the display model in Busselton, with a few changes (timber decking instead of paving in the alfresco, no big BBQ set-up, more cupboards in the laundry, a bigger bath etc).

I know it is on the rude side to ask, but anyone willing to share the cost of their finished house (minus land)??

Also, trying to wrap my head around sun orientation in regards to purchasing a block. The one we have our eye on is North facing, meaning the alfresco etc will be south. I know this is not ideal, but thought we would be okay with lots of deciduous trees. I really don't like the idea of my entertaining area being out the front, facing the road. What are people's thoughts on this? The problem is there is not much land for sale in MR.

Thanks so much for your help!

Rosalie
Roof work is underway!

Looking really good... I just love your elevation it must be so exciting to see it all coming together!
Looking great!!
Thanks guys! Yes, we're getting very excited. I think we'll be in heaps before we anticipated, so we're busy firming up quotes for flooring, air-con, painting and (maybe) a pool.

The rear landscaping is doing my head in a bit. I have no idea where to start. After years of apartment/town-house living I can't wait to have a full-sized house though!

Here's the latest front pic:

Can't believe how quickly it is all going up! Looking really good now that the roof is on! How exciting getting quotes.. you will be in there in no time! Landscaping is a big one! I think looking through magazines and at how others have done their backyards is great for inspiration.. Also going through display homes too always gives a few new ideas. How exciting that you will have a nice big backyard!!
Just caught up on your build, we're building close by in Malvern Springs
everything is coming along great! Your plans look incredible as well, love the dressing room
Congrats on the roof, it's looking fab
I think display homes are a great for inspiration jelbell, but bad for my budget! We love the layout at the new Stoneleigh Advantage display but I bet it's expensive. Starting with a blank canvas makes it pretty hard for me.

Hey thanks Tori, I'm hoping to increase my dressing room allocation to 40% but I think my wife is set on taking up at least 75%!

Just visited this afternoon to see they've finished the grey float (or is it greyfloat?). Here are some pics:

Front:

Front again:

Entry:

Dining/Games:

Lounge/Dining/Kitchen:

Dining/Lounge/Games:

Master Bedroom:

Alfresco:
Looks great! Love that nice wide entrance way looks really big inside.. How exciting for the grey float
Rosalie
Hi everyone, this is my very first post.

My partner and I are looking to build the Stoneliegh in Margaret River. Trawling the internet for information/advice, we came across your posts and found them very helpful - thank you.

We are feeling quite anxious about the thought of building. Mainly due to the warnings we have received from friends/family and reading stuff online. We also became very wary with D.A honestly when a house and land package we went to look at, turned out to be falsely advertised, with a different house in the pictures and in the description online.

We are currently awaiting the house we are wanting to build to be priced (which is taking over 2 weeks). Not sure if we are being unfair thinking this should be done quicker?

We are basically wanting the same as the display model in Busselton, with a few changes (timber decking instead of paving in the alfresco, no big BBQ set-up, more cupboards in the laundry, a bigger bath etc).

I know it is on the rude side to ask, but anyone willing to share the cost of their finished house (minus land)??

Also, trying to wrap my head around sun orientation in regards to purchasing a block. The one we have our eye on is North facing, meaning the alfresco etc will be south. I know this is not ideal, but thought we would be okay with lots of deciduous trees. I really don't like the idea of my entertaining area being out the front, facing the road. What are people's thoughts on this? The problem is there is not much land for sale in MR.

Thanks so much for your help!

Rosalie

North facing blocks where you can have your living areas are the best for acheieving solar passive living. That doesn't mean living like a hippie and off the grid. It means having the house such that winter sun when lower in sky warms your house in the morn and through day so it retains heat at night taking less energy and impacts on environment to heat. In summer the sun is higher so house doesn't get as hot but of course more shade can be provided by exactly what you have suggested, deciduous trees, wider awnings, tinted windows etc.

Check out this http://www.yourhome.gov.au/passive-design/orientation

Good luck with your build!
Hi mixzOr, your house looks great, love the porch/ Verandah.
Hi MixzOr, any updates on your home? Been wondering how it is all going! Hope it is flying along for you
jelbell55
Hi MixzOr, any updates on your home?

Hey JB, I haven't been there for about a week but they had sealed the ceiling and cut all the cornices ready to put them up. So by now I reckon they'd be well in to white plaster. Not long until lock up I guess!

Will post another update at the weekend.

alrightdave
Hi mixzOr, your house looks great, love the porch/ Verandah.

Cheers Dave!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum