Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

5 acre dream - theatre room done

Page 20 of 20
Hey Ashgrove,
Beautiful beautiful house and horse set up
we have admired your house and driven past regularly, we own the block right at the end on the left Lot 81 and have just signed our pre construction agreement, had the surveyors out and now waiting for the site work costs..:O

Can I ask who your arena was done by? it looks awesome.

Not sure how to private message but would love to hear what problems you had with building and what I should watch out for, we are worried about how high the pad must be, seems like you guys saved thousands through picking up the mistake at the start.

also what ATU did you use? we have heaps of quotes, Clear water and AquaNova have come back the most competitive at 10k.
Thats a good price on the ATU Smurf.
We have a fujiclean and that was close to $14k.
Looking forward to following your build.
Thanks smurf. I've sent you a message earlier about the arena. Still lots to do but enjoying it all the same. Stable fit outs next. Not sure whether to get them professionally done or get my handy husband to give a couple a crack. Big price differences. We have space for 4 but will probably just install two for now.

Exciting times ahead for you, I'll be following too

As for the atu I haven't heard of that one. Sounds like a great price. I would check with the shire that it's on their list of allowable atu's. We went with filtrex. Not the cheapest but heard good reviews and it's an area you really don't want any issues with haha

Theatre room finally done! All except for a couple of small tables to sit drinks and popcorn

Really enjoying this room! We used the besta range from IKEA for the cabinets. Some theatre amplifiers are too deep to fit in most cupboards, we've just left the back section of the cupboard off at the part. Custom theatre cabinets are way to expensive and I think we've done an alright job.

Retic is still going... Going slow as doing it mainly on weekends...
Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

1/09/2023
Things can be done after construction.

Building A New House

Depends what you're current inclusions are, but we're not including wardrobes and will just use second hand ones until we can save later on to get them built. Also have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum