Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 500 of 828
I would be asking for them to be removed
Took some pics of brickwork ☹️
The rest of the house looks good.

Manhattan52
I would be asking for them to be removed

I think this is the way to go- ask for them to be removed and pay for the provision only.
Beacon lighting have 25% off at the moment if you spend $1000 and their quotes are valid for 30 days. We just spent $2500 there this morning

MandM+4

I would not be happy with those either. If they can’t fix them then I would be expecting that they’re replaced or rendered.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
MandM+4
Jenifermarie
MandM+4
[quote="Jenifermarie"]Quick drive by this morning expecting just to see a stack of frames and windows. Instead I discovered our ground floor frames are up already.

The back window in our living room is a beast
we didn’t want fixed panel windows like lots of the displays have so we opted for a custom 3.2mx1.5m window with 4 panes - the two end panes will be sliding windows.

Everything else looks pretty much as I expected. Looking forward to when the second storey frames are done and the windows are in to finally get a proper sense of scale on everything.

That window will be stunning JM!
Ours are 2.6 (standard) and they are big enough however in hindsight I’d rather not have the architraves down to the ground as they will need to put scotia there
just another one of those little lessons I’ve learned being our first build. The height of yours will also be better for furniture.
Hopefully the weather is good for you next week and they get the first floor done so you can walk around the whole thing.
I’m not buying what your SS said about 30 weeks not being long enough. Taking 2 weeks out for Xmas (because that’s all they stopped for) our PCI is 29 weeks from slab if all goes to plan. We’ve got a good SS and availability of trades is probably a bit better here in the Gong.

It’s a good reason to make an effort with the landscaping when we’re done so we have a nice view outside the window, not just a fence! I’m thinking we might look into mirror tinting on the back windows so we can have some privacy from our back neighbours.

I never thought about that with the floor height windows. We will have the same on our dining room window which is a floor height window. I was watching Grand Designs NZ the other night and they painted all their architraves same colour as the windows (charcoal/monument type colour) and I’m thinking about doing the same when we move in. It made a really great feature of them rather than something to ignore.

I’m surprised your back neighbours were allowed those windows. We had to have high windows or privacy glass.

[/quote]

I noticed those last week and wasn’t thrilled. They went through council but because their land was in the stage before us we hadn’t settled on our land and the council wouldn’t give us the full plans. We only got the footprint and shadow plans, nothing showing windows

Jenifermarie
MandM+4
Jenifermarie
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="Jenifermarie"]Quick drive by this morning expecting just to see a stack of frames and windows. Instead I discovered our ground floor frames are up already.

The back window in our living room is a beast
we didn’t want fixed panel windows like lots of the displays have so we opted for a custom 3.2mx1.5m window with 4 panes - the two end panes will be sliding windows.

Everything else looks pretty much as I expected. Looking forward to when the second storey frames are done and the windows are in to finally get a proper sense of scale on everything.

That window will be stunning JM!
Ours are 2.6 (standard) and they are big enough however in hindsight I’d rather not have the architraves down to the ground as they will need to put scotia there
just another one of those little lessons I’ve learned being our first build. The height of yours will also be better for furniture.
Hopefully the weather is good for you next week and they get the first floor done so you can walk around the whole thing.
I’m not buying what your SS said about 30 weeks not being long enough. Taking 2 weeks out for Xmas (because that’s all they stopped for) our PCI is 29 weeks from slab if all goes to plan. We’ve got a good SS and availability of trades is probably a bit better here in the Gong.

It’s a good reason to make an effort with the landscaping when we’re done so we have a nice view outside the window, not just a fence! I’m thinking we might look into mirror tinting on the back windows so we can have some privacy from our back neighbours.

I never thought about that with the floor height windows. We will have the same on our dining room window which is a floor height window. I was watching Grand Designs NZ the other night and they painted all their architraves same colour as the windows (charcoal/monument type colour) and I’m thinking about doing the same when we move in. It made a really great feature of them rather than something to ignore.

I’m surprised your back neighbours were allowed those windows. We had to have high windows or privacy glass.

[/quote]

I noticed those last week and wasn’t thrilled. They went through council but because their land was in the stage before us we hadn’t settled on our land and the council wouldn’t give us the full plans. We only got the footprint and shadow plans, nothing showing windows

https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/[/quote]

They were probably hoping you’d build single storey so they had views lol
I imagine they’ll have blinds closed most of the time, who wants neighbours to be able to see in to their bedrooms anyway?!

Jenifermarie
MandM+4

I would not be happy with those either. If they can’t fix them then I would be expecting that they’re replaced or rendered.

The trouble is, it’s too hard with our facade to work out where to render to...don’t want one half brick and one half rendered. That’s why we only rendered the portico.
I’m wondering if water is seeping through them making them look worse since there’s no roof over. But if that’s the case surely they should put metal capping or something over the top.
Originally we wanted this, with a rendered blue board panel, but W wouldn’t do it.

Yeah exactly we have been in a gee times the fans are not only ugly but low not practical at all. They told me the old style got discontinued and this is the only one wisdom have which is just not acceptable as they are so bad as we have said.

SS said we could just change them when we move in but we shouldn't have to spend and stress about buying new fans, trying to sell these ones then getting them installed especially for the money we have spent on them.

I tried to PM you but wouldn't work could you pm me MandM+4
Greg kembla Grange
Yeah exactly we have been in a gee times the fans are not only ugly but low not practical at all. They told me the old style got discontinued and this is the only one wisdom have which is just not acceptable as they are so bad as we have said.

SS said we could just change them when we move in but we shouldn't have to spend and stress about buying new fans, trying to sell these ones then getting them installed especially for the money we have spent on them.

They sell the fans at Bunnings, they probably just did a run to Bunnings before our electrical fit outs lol.
If they remove them and credit us they can still use them again. Fan provisions are $130, so to charge another $334 for these fans is a joke.
I’ve PM’d you.

Greg kembla Grange

Agreed Greg. I’d do the same and push the envelope with that one. Should have been notified of the change especially if the change is dramatic. Hope you do get your credit so you can choose your own.
Or you can find another fan at a similar price point and make them purchase and install it for you
. It doesn’t need to be from their current supplier as I didn’t get my taps from Reece, I requested my taps from Rogersellers which is a premium tap ware company and they did it easy so I don’t see why they can’t with fans
MandM+4
Jenifermarie
MandM+4

The trouble is, it’s too hard with our facade to work out where to render to...don’t want one half brick and one half rendered. That’s why we only rendered the portico.
I’m wondering if water is seeping through them making them look worse since there’s no roof over. But if that’s the case surely they should put metal capping or something over the top.
Originally we wanted this, with a rendered blue board panel, but W wouldn’t do it.

Real shame about the bricks but the rest looks great MandM+4. Love your original concept too. The rendered blue board seems like an easier fix than redoing the brickwork so hopefully you get your wish!
MandM+4 I tried to pm u back again after your msg but won't work. When I click submit it just loads and keeps loading without sending. Don't know why?

We are trying to push for a credit or change. They were telling us at our electrical appointment we were not shown but we were shown a standard fan without the light but for wisdom to even not come close to a standard modern looking fan is just not acceptable. It's obvious that these fans should not be in any new built home especially for the price we paid.
Thanks GJK.

We are looking into the potential PM reply issue.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
MandM+4
Took some pics of brickwork

Ohhh no
Why arent they more carefully when cleaning? What did your SS say? How close to PCI?

Chinoandbebe
MandM+4

Ohhh no
Why arent they more carefully when cleaning? What did your SS say? How close to PCI?

We haven’t said anything to SS about anything yet as we haven’t had an official walk through and he doesn’t like us going on site. SS is on holiday until after Easter and then our PCI is meant to be the week of the 9th.
They’ll just have to fix it, It’s an obvious defect.
Main flooring next week, can’t wait to see it.

How’s your place going, where are you up to?

MandM+4
Chinoandbebe
MandM+4

Ohhh no

We haven’t said anything to SS about anything yet as we haven’t had an official walk through and he doesn’t like us going on site. SS is on holiday until after Easter and then our PCI is meant to be the week of the 9th.

Agreed they need to fix it. I hope it won't hold you up much. Getting things fixed seems to take time.
Unfortunately we've had some issues. Still waiting to hear exactly what tiles were used on our porch & alfresco. Our master WIR has been installed wrong. Bathroom tiling started over a week ago but they've put hobs in both showers when they're not suppose to be there cause we're having frameless shower screens. The hobs & tiles need ripping up & re-waterproofed, just hope it's done properly. Plumbing in ensuite for one of our wall mixer taps is in the wrong spot & needs moving over. Got a few other issues I won't go into cause it would take too long to explain lol.
Hopefully everything will be fixed but the question is how soon?
Not sure now when PCI will be for us. Will do a drive by over the Easter break to see where we're up too! It's very exciting it's coming to an end soon!!!!

Chinoandbebe
MandM+4
Chinoandbebe
[quote="MandM+4"]Took some pics of brickwork

Ohhh no

Agreed they need to fix it. I hope it won't hold you up much. Getting things fixed seems to take time.
Unfortunately we've had some issues. Still waiting to hear exactly what tiles were used on our porch & alfresco. Our master WIR has been installed wrong. Bathroom tiling started over a week ago but they've put hobs in both showers when they're not suppose to be there cause we're having frameless shower screens. The hobs & tiles need ripping up & re-waterproofed, just hope it's done properly. Plumbing in ensuite for one of our wall mixer taps is in the wrong spot & needs moving over. Got a few other issues I won't go into cause it would take too long to explain lol.
Hopefully everything will be fixed but the question is how soon?
Not sure now when PCI will be for us. Will do a drive by over the Easter break to see where we're up too! It's very exciting it's coming to an end soon!!!!

[/quote]

How frustrating, what a silly mistake with the shower hobs, just shouldn’t happen!
Hope they don’t take long to fix it all.
Our tiles were completed week 23, PCI scheduled for week 29. But they’ve probably been cracking on with other things while doing your tiling so might not take that long for you.

Yay....Slab done for us today.

Is that my imagination or is that really quick? Congrats!!!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum