Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 446 of 828
Chompy
Hi everyone, another question (I feel like I could ask a hundred and still have more!)

Wardrobe doors-sliding or swinging? Signature upgrade has sliding doors. Are these better?

Thanks

They’re more practical because you don’t need so much space left clear around the wardrobe to open the doors. But you can’t open the whole wardrobe at once (unless you remove the sliding doors off the rails!)

We opted for sliding because by the time a double bed plus bedside tables are in our bedrooms there wouldn’t be enough space to open the wardrobe doors properly if they were swinging.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Jenifermarie
Chompy
Hi everyone, another question (I feel like I could ask a hundred and still have more!)

Wardrobe doors-sliding or swinging? Signature upgrade has sliding doors. Are these better?

Thanks

They’re more practical because you don’t need so much space left clear around the wardrobe to open the doors. But you can’t open the whole wardrobe at once (unless you remove the sliding doors off the rails!)

We opted for sliding because by the time a double bed plus bedside tables are in our bedrooms there wouldn’t be enough space to open the wardrobe doors properly if they were swinging.

Thanks @jennifermarie

Good insights. Thinking a 600 door might compensate or might just stick with sliding.

Chompy
Jenifermarie
Chompy

Thanks

Thanks @jennifermarie

Good insights. Thinking a 600 door might compensate or might just stick with sliding.

Hey guys! Speaking of sliding doors, we added these to our Tender "slimline glazed doors - colour to be chosen at appointment". How much are they? Our Tender Presentation is on Monday..

We also included melamine shelving to robes and linen - however, am changing this so that the linen upstairs is the wire shelving for ventilation and the rest melamine shelving. Any thoughts on this?
slimeline for wardrobe doors with mirrors are 520 each. this is same price as any external. melamine however from memory is cheaper external and you can customise as required.

sliding doors with mirror is much much better than doors hinged. We hv both in our current house!

status :- Still hitting my head against admin wall! drafting took 3 days with construction plan which practically is the same plan with errors . so in short it took them 3 days to change the name of the file and email it to cso!!! also 5K paid as initial deposit is missing!
and end panel is 10K cheaper than draft!!!! and CSO reminder on tender date (being 20th feb) is priceless!
ASJ1981
Chompy
Jenifermarie
[quote="Chompy"]Hi everyone, another question (I feel like I could ask a hundred and still have more!)

Thanks

Thanks @jennifermarie

Hey guys! Speaking of sliding doors, we added these to our Tender "slimline glazed doors - colour to be chosen at appointment". How much are they? Our Tender Presentation is on Monday..

We also included melamine shelving to robes and linen - however, am changing this so that the linen upstairs is the wire shelving for ventilation and the rest melamine shelving. Any thoughts on this?[/quote]

Depends what you plan on doing after. For us, upgrading the shelving was pointless as we’re putting wardrobe inserts in. I should’ve removed them altogether.
And I probably should’ve enquired as to what is standard in the WIL cupboards though, I’m hoping it’s more than just one shelf.

As for sliding vs hinged, we kept the hinged doors as there’s enough room in each bedroom for a desk, bed and bedsides without upgrading to sliding and I find our current sliding doors a bit of a headache with the kids (they have gotten them off the tracks before and they’re heavy). I’ve seen people not upgrade even with wardrobe doors opening on to the bedroom door though and thought “you’re mad not to upgrade that” so totally depends on the layout.

MandM+4
ASJ1981

We also included melamine shelving to robes and linen - however, am changing this so that the linen upstairs is the wire shelving for ventilation and the rest melamine shelving. Any thoughts on this?

Depends what you plan on doing after. For us, upgrading the shelving was pointless as we’re putting wardrobe inserts in. I should’ve removed them altogether.
And I probably should’ve enquired as to what is standard in the WIL cupboards though, I’m hoping it’s more than just one shelf.

As for sliding vs hinged, we kept the hinged doors as there’s enough room in each bedroom for a desk, bed and bedsides without upgrading to sliding and I find our current sliding doors a bit of a headache with the kids (they have gotten them off the tracks before and they’re heavy). I’ve seen people not upgrade even with wardrobe doors opening on to the bedroom door though and thought “you’re mad not to upgrade that” so totally depends on the layout.

Thanks for the feedback MandM+4! We are opting for the sliding doors with mirrors for the kids rooms. We figured that long term, they probably would want a full length mirror in their rooms, otherwise they would be coming into our room to use the mirror!

For Luxury package, it says "Melamine Colourboard timber grain (or white) shelving to Pantry" and "Ventilated wire shelving to linen and robes". Not sure what package you are on though. We are only having the wire shelving to upstairs linen as better for ventilation - i would be using this linen to store bedding and towels etc so the ventilated shelving make sense. The linen downstairs will be upgraded to melamine shelving because we would be using this as storage.
aaron2008
slimeline for wardrobe doors with mirrors are 520 each. this is same price as any external. melamine however from memory is cheaper external and you can customise as required.

sliding doors with mirror is much much better than doors hinged. We hv both in our current house!

status :- Still hitting my head against admin wall! drafting took 3 days with construction plan which practically is the same plan with errors . so in short it took them 3 days to change the name of the file and email it to cso!!! also 5K paid as initial deposit is missing!
and end panel is 10K cheaper than draft!!!! and CSO reminder on tender date (being 20th feb) is priceless!

Thanks aaron2008! Wow, how annoying is that! Someone's head must not be screwed on properly to make an error like that
And how do they lose the $5k deposit? You would have the receipt for your records anyway...

I want to ask WH if they will agree to the 3 month Tender extension free of charge - our land does not register until late 2018 and if we sign the contract next Monday, i don't think it is enough time for them to get it all done in 1 month! I have grounds to ask for this right? Has anybody asked for the Tender Extension to be waived?
ASJ1981
aaron2008

Thanks aaron2008! Wow, how annoying is that! Someone's head must not be screwed on properly to make an error like that
And how do they lose the $5k deposit? You would have the receipt for your records anyway...

I want to ask WH if they will agree to the 3 month Tender extension free of charge - our land does not register until late 2018 and if we sign the contract next Monday, i don't think it is enough time for them to get it all done in 1 month! I have grounds to ask for this right? Has anybody asked for the Tender Extension to be waived?

If there hasn’t been delays on your end, ie. more than one set of revisions for drawings and Tender, then you will get 3 months from contract signing as standard.
We asked for longer, as the length of time it took W to do our Tender and drawings was way longer than the timeframe they state, so we were concerned W wouldn’t get it to end panel stage in that 3 months. They chucked in another couple of months free of charge.
You will need to pay for an extension if your land doesn’t register til the end of this year though. If they gave you 5 months from contract signing like they did us, you’d probably still need to pay for 9 months?

ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981

Thanks for the feedback MandM+4! We are opting for the sliding doors with mirrors for the kids rooms. We figured that long term, they probably would want a full length mirror in their rooms, otherwise they would be coming into our room to use the mirror!

For Luxury package, it says "Melamine Colourboard timber grain (or white) shelving to Pantry" and "Ventilated wire shelving to linen and robes". Not sure what package you are on though. We are only having the wire shelving to upstairs linen as better for ventilation - i would be using this linen to store bedding and towels etc so the ventilated shelving make sense. The linen downstairs will be upgraded to melamine shelving because we would be using this as storage.

Our kids are aged 2-9, so mostly too little to care about mirrors for a fair while anyway. Right now they mostly just attract fingerprints lol. I’m keen to get hubby to put mirrors on the wall behind our bed once we move in though, one of those fiddly little jobs we prob should’ve gotten W to do. We have a WIR in one of the kids rooms, which will be shared. I will def put a mirror on the wall in my 8yo daughter’s room though.

Yes we’re on luxury. I guess if the wire shelving in the linens is just one shelf we’ll just get some more from Bunnings...would be cheaper than getting W to install more.

aaron2008

Totally feel your pain. We got our construction drawings last Wed with a note that if we get them back ASAP we should have our final end panel early this week. Signed off and returned them last Thurs morning...CSO did not even read the email until yesterday when she requested our Final End Panel.

Only reason I didn’t lose it is because CBA want a copy of the CDC certifier accreditation which I have have been chasing for a week so we don’t have our LACC yet either 🤬

Jenifermarie
aaron2008

Totally feel your pain. We got our construction drawings last Wed with a note that if we get them back ASAP we should have our final end panel early this week. Signed off and returned them last Thurs morning...CSO did not even read the email until yesterday when she requested our Final End Panel.

Only reason I didn’t lose it is because CBA want a copy of the CDC certifier accreditation which I have have been chasing for a week so we don’t have our LACC yet either 🤬

Ugh it seems like a never ending nightmare huh? It felt so surreal for me once admin was over, after continually checking my emails for almost a year.
You are sooo close now though! You’ll probably get the end panel tomorrow so hopefully your LACC won’t be far away. If you have a letter from the bank with the amount you are approved to borrow this may suffice, W accepted that from us as bankwest don’t do LACCs.

lombieagle
Hi All,

A question for those that have recently completed and had WH do downlight provision. Can you please share your experience with purchasing downlights? Did you purchase the clipsal that WH uses or another brand? Cool v Warm? We have 80 to purchase so starting to research. Thanks

Hi, try an electrical wholesaler like GO Electrical or John R Turk. you will find the prices really competitive and they sell to the public. Definitely go with the cool ones that give a daylight feel. far easier on the eyes. We bought ours from GO Electrical. good luck.
Hi everyone - just a question in tiger tails. W advised that it is our responsibility. At what stage does this get done and for how long is it required? Are there many providers for this service, and how to go abt it?

Also, for our KDRB, I am looking to sell stuff (it's got new cooktop, new built in sliding mirrored robes, good condition blinds, doors, cabinetry, a lot of timber decking, beautiful original timber flooring etc..) from the house to be demolished. Does anyone know if there are any companies where they just come and salvage/pick the whole lot?
I have organised tiger tails through sydney tiger tails and they were very quick and easy to deal with, i ordered mine for the whole build period as i do have lines over my driveway. I just did an online enquiry and they sent me a form straight away as well as asking for photos. They supply and install so i don't need tp do anything.

i am in the same boat as you on KDRB, the house I am in had a full renovation 5 years ago so i have full Caeserstone kitchen with all new SMEG appliances, the whole house has plantation shutters, 4 car garage panelift doors etc, The salvage companies will give you next to nothing, my demolition company recommended I advertise a demolition sale in Gumtree after you move out and let people come and buy whatever they want. Apparently these types of sales are quite popular
Manhattan52
I have organised tiger tails through sydney tiger tails and they were very quick and easy to deal with, i ordered mine for the whole build period as i do have lines over my driveway. I just did an online enquiry and they sent me a form straight away as well as asking for photos. They supply and install so i don't need tp do anything.

i am in the same boat as you on KDRB, the house I am in had a full renovation 5 years ago so i have full Caeserstone kitchen with all new SMEG appliances, the whole house has plantation shutters, 4 car garage panelift doors etc, The salvage companies will give you next to nothing, my demolition company recommended I advertise a demolition sale in Gumtree after you move out and let people come and buy whatever they want. Apparently these types of sales are quite popular

Thanks for your quick reply. I will request for a quote from them on Monday.

I have put an ad on Gumtree, and will see what happens, otherwise rubbish it all is!
Singalg - how long until you demolish?
Manhattan52

Do you mind sharing how much the tiger tails cost please.
$1300 + GST for 10 months hire includes delivery, install and removal
Manhattan52
Singalg - how long until you demolish?

Manhattan52, Its with CDC approval at the moment, I am hoping shall be clear land by Mid Feb.
Singalg most likely mid march, We have already received CDC Approval for demolition but our plans have gone back to drafting due to some window errors. Also our Pre CDC check has required our house to be moved 500mm over so needs a resite and is all being done at the same time. the demolition co said it will take 2 weeks to complete the whole site as its fairly large and also have a concrete pool to remove - after that we have 2 massive gum trees over 50m that also have to be removed and of course we have to find somewhere else to live

Maybe we will have the same site supervisor as we aren't too far from each other
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum