Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 440 of 828
Manhattan52
amf139
Checked kitchen quotes. $810 extra for separate cook top and oven in lieu of freestanding.

$960 additional cost for extra base cabinet and caeserstone bench to suit.

So they don’t charge you to cut a hole in the bench, they charge you for an additional unit cause it’s not there in a freestanding unit.

i am being charged $1920 for the same thing

hmm, interesting, given you are also building Manhattan52. may be difference in slab type or something? I have now requested for a quote from W, but their office is closed atm, will wait to hear back.
maybe a difference in Kitchen Materials?

My cabinetry on that run of cabinets in the kitchen is polyurethane Satin in Dulux Domino and Pure White Caesarstone. I have added 900 wide deep drawers in the section where the Freestanding cooker would have been. I don’t have any of the Wisdom appliances ( or taps or sinks etc)
Manhattan52
maybe a difference in Kitchen Materials?

My cabinetry on that run of cabinets in the kitchen is polyurethane Satin in Dulux Domino and Pure White Caesarstone. I have added 900 wide deep drawers in the section where the Freestanding cooker would have been. I don’t have any of the Wisdom appliances ( or taps or sinks etc)

Do you think the difference is due to the cost of the drawers as opposed to the shell/base cabinet i'm getting. Also, my kitchen appointment was 18 months ago, so a price increase is also possible.
singalg
Manhattan52
amf139
Checked kitchen quotes. $810 extra for separate cook top and oven in lieu of freestanding.

$960 additional cost for extra base cabinet and caeserstone bench to suit.

So they don’t charge you to cut a hole in the bench, they charge you for an additional unit cause it’s not there in a freestanding unit.

i am being charged $1920 for the same thing

hmm, interesting, given you are also building Manhattan52. may be difference in slab type or something? I have now requested for a quote from W, but their office is closed atm, will wait to hear back.

The quote would have to come from your kitchen appointment, I'm not sure W would be supplying it.
good point amf139, I will contact timpelle kitchens.
Anyone had any work done this week? I believe ours starts back next week but I haven’t been past to check.

Hi guys,

I just have one question to ask you all.
Did any of you build a double garage with two single sectional doors including a brick pier in between?
And if you did, did that include a steel structure inside the brick pier?

Thanks
MandM+4
Anyone had any work done this week? I believe ours starts back next week but I haven’t been past to check.

Happy New Year to everyone. Good to see some are very close to starting construction. Congrats. We are halfway through frames and there has been no work since 23/12. WH cheekily sent the frame invoice but I kindly asked them to reissue once frame work is completed.

Hi MandM+4,

They have been working on my house for the entire Christmas holiday!!!
Rastevic1
Hi MandM+4,

They have been working on my house for the entire Christmas holiday!!!

Awesome

MandM+4

They were doing the brick work.
singalg
A question abt the ILVE kitchen appliances to those who have moved in their new houses and have used them already - how are you finding these appliances? how is ILVE stacking up to the other appliances you have used in the past? any good/bad experiences?

No problems really. Not a fan of the cutlery tray layer in the dishwasher though, I found either my plates fit (if I hoisted up the glasses rack) but then my tall glasses didn’t fit. So I ended up ripping out the cutlery tray and buying the old cutlery holder baskets!!!

And the microwave doesn’t seem overly powerful, but I’ve heard most new ones are like that. I love my freestanding oven though

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981
Hi guys,
We told our consultant at pre tender appointment that we wanted to close off the lounge and turn it into a theatre/media room by putting sliding doors just like the display homes (pic 2 and 3). She said those doors are expensive and better to do it after handover and she will instead make it square set (pic 1) to allow for the sliding doors. Was she right in making it square set? Wondering why she didn't just put in a provision for a cavity sliding door? It's a smallish difference in looks right?

From memory, the top door you have pictured is around $2500.
For a plush panel 2340x820 CSD its $580, to upgrade the profile to a LIN 1 is another $550. So double LIN1s in standard size would cost you $2260.
Any size above 820 wide the door becomes custom, so we got 2 2340x1020mm HLR230 doors which were a $385 profile upgrade each on top of the $800 for standard flush panel. On a 820mm door it’s only $85 to upgrade to the HLR230 profile, so double standard size HLR230s would have cost us $1330, not much more than the single 1020mm. Not sure how much the 1200mm wide ones are, I dread to think!
We got 2 sets of barben 450mm back to back handles for $290.

Thank you for the info MandM+4!! I just did some quick google searches, lol! I think going for the 1020mm wide door would probably look better than the 820mm?

I sent our consultant an email to see if she can delete the "square set opening to front lounge" and instead add "2340mm high x 1020mm wide flush panel cavity sliding doors to front Lounge in lieu of standard" as suggested by washington29.

The doors as per my pics, look amazing but just in case the upgrade goes on the bottom of the priority list, i would still like to have a sliding door there for now to close off the lounge-turned-theatre room! The ones on the display home she said it cost 6k, so that is why she suggested to do it after handover, which i get. But i didn't think to just add a CSD instead as a cheaper alternative for now.

Let's see what she says - hopefully not too late to change without incurring a re-draw fee. I am confident she hasn't sent it off to HO yet - unless she was extra extra efficient (our siting appointment was a week before HO closed for the year!)

I’ll try to remember tomorrow to take a photo but we put a 1200 timber cavity slider on ours. The wall itself moves a lot of you press on it as obviously it’s 1.2m with no support beams but seems to be fine overall and we have been in for 6 months now! We put an 820 on our study....

MrsLlamas2016
ASJ1981
MandM+4
[quote="ASJ1981"]Hi guys,
We told our consultant at pre tender appointment that we wanted to close off the lounge and turn it into a theatre/media room by putting sliding doors just like the display homes (pic 2 and 3). She said those doors are expensive and better to do it after handover and she will instead make it square set (pic 1) to allow for the sliding doors. Was she right in making it square set? Wondering why she didn't just put in a provision for a cavity sliding door? It's a smallish difference in looks right?

For a plush panel 2340x820 CSD its $580, to upgrade the profile to a LIN 1 is another $550. So double LIN1s in standard size would cost you $2260.
Any size above 820 wide the door becomes custom, so we got 2 2340x1020mm HLR230 doors which were a $385 profile upgrade each on top of the $800 for standard flush panel. On a 820mm door it’s only $85 to upgrade to the HLR230 profile, so double standard size HLR230s would have cost us $1330, not much more than the single 1020mm. Not sure how much the 1200mm wide ones are, I dread to think!

Thank you for the info MandM+4!! I just did some quick google searches, lol! I think going for the 1020mm wide door would probably look better than the 820mm?

I sent our consultant an email to see if she can delete the "square set opening to front lounge" and instead add "2340mm high x 1020mm wide flush panel cavity sliding doors to front Lounge in lieu of standard" as suggested by washington29.

The doors as per my pics, look amazing but just in case the upgrade goes on the bottom of the priority list, i would still like to have a sliding door there for now to close off the lounge-turned-theatre room! The ones on the display home she said it cost 6k, so that is why she suggested to do it after handover, which i get. But i didn't think to just add a CSD instead as a cheaper alternative for now.

Let's see what she says - hopefully not too late to change without incurring a re-draw fee. I am confident she hasn't sent it off to HO yet - unless she was extra extra efficient (our siting appointment was a week before HO closed for the year!)

I’ll try to remember tomorrow to take a photo but we put a 1200 timber cavity slider on ours. The wall itself moves a lot of you press on it as obviously it’s 1.2m with no support beams but seems to be fine overall and we have been in for 6 months now! We put an 820 on our study....

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes[/quote]

Thanks MrsL
Would you do any different with hindsight?

Chompy
MrsLlamas2016
ASJ1981
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="ASJ1981"]Hi guys,

Thanks MrsL

[/quote]

Not really as I like the ability to close it off- BUT I was advised to get one with clear glass. Totally pointless for a theatre room as now so much light comes in haha BUT friends have commented it’ll be perfect once our kids sit in and watch movies as we can still see them so not all bad!

This is the best pic I can find on my phone from when we were in construction still and taken from inside the theatre room. But yes big timber door with clear inset. We chose not to get handles put on as they were too expensive, and still haven’t put any on - although I quite like it without it as it goes back right into the cavity now!!!

Hi All,

I am planning to build a Majestic 40 with the signature package. At this stage I just have a preliminary estimate from the sales consultant. It seems like even with the signature package there are so many optional upgrades you need to provision for just to ensure you have something which looks good at the end instead of looking unfinished and cheap looking. I now want to try and get as much bang for my buck as possible by doing some things after handover.

One thing in particular I'm thinking of is the render / stone cladding to front façade. The Majestic display home in Oran Park has rendering costed at $9k. The stone cladding is POA. All up I'm guessing this will be around the $15k mark. Can much money be saved by doing this afterwards and is it practical to do so?
Hi Funk52,

I just have some advice to your concern.

The less you take from them the more money you will save!

Try to avoid all the upgrades that you can do yourself.

My advice is to do as much of the upgrades yourself that you can after the handover.
Chompy
MrsLlamas2016
ASJ1981
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="ASJ1981"]Hi guys,

Thanks MrsL

[/quote]

Here are some pics of our cavity sliders from the hallway. The closer one is of our study, 820 and the bigger one is the theatre room - 1200. As I mentioned in an earlier post we chose to get NO HANDLES installed as the doors are open most of the time anyway.

This picture is just the 1200 theatre room door

Funk52
Hi All,

I am planning to build a Majestic 40 with the signature package. At this stage I just have a preliminary estimate from the sales consultant. It seems like even with the signature package there are so many optional upgrades you need to provision for just to ensure you have something which looks good at the end instead of looking unfinished and cheap looking. I now want to try and get as much bang for my buck as possible by doing some things after handover.

One thing in particular I'm thinking of is the render / stone cladding to front façade. The Majestic display home in Oran Park has rendering costed at $9k. The stone cladding is POA. All up I'm guessing this will be around the $15k mark. Can much money be saved by doing this afterwards and is it practical to do so?
Hi Funk52,

We are taking a different approach we are having WH do just about everything, especially that type of essential works. We just want to move in with everything completed and enjoy our new home. To save a small percentage of your contract price to organise and deal with tradesmen, having building material still onsite, etc after you have moved in is it really worth it? Consider occupancy certificate approvals impacts?
Good luck!

Rastevic1
Hi Funk52,

I just have some advice to your concern.

The less you take from them the more money you will save!

Try to avoid all the upgrades that you can do yourself.

My advice is to do as much of the upgrades yourself that you can after the handover.

Hi Rastevic,

I figured that doing as much as I can after handover is the way to go after reading through this forum. However I couldn't find much info on people doing rendering specifically after handover. Its not just the cost but how practical this is that I am concerned about.

Also has anyone put in a pool with a different supplier before construction of the house started? How did you manage with coordinating between Wisdom and the pool supplier? Is it possible to get Wisdom to include a pool in the DA, but then after the DA is approved you get the pool put in with the other supplier?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum