Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 430 of 828
ASJ1981
ozmonkeyoy
Hmmm, I hope for you that the new process works much better.
I personally don't like that idea, a tender is the initial concept that you asked for and then you should be able to make appropriate changes before contract signing. But hopefully its a smoother process, be sure to advise how that goes.

I am hoping i am not getting me terminology confused
I should have asked CSR to elaborate further, but because i am at work, time was not on my side. I actually thought "Siting" meant they have done the soil tests etc but she said they can't do that yet as the land is not registered. If that is the case, i won't know my site costs until late next year when the land registers - which makes me uneasy as i would want to know this so i can budget at my selection appointments, if that makes sense?

Yep, they generally won't be able to give you "exact" site costs until they can access your land (ie after land registration) But as others have experienced, the site costs can continue to climb once council/certifier becomes involved.
ChizCake
ozmonkeyoy
Thanks.
Congrats on your progress., and thats a great looking block that you are building on there.
The alfresco is standard size on the 52, you'll have the same won't you (unless you've made it bigger???)

Thanks. I doubt our landscaping costs will look as great though.

We stuck with the standard alfresco size too so your pics are assuring no upgrade was necessary there.

Yes, I think you will happy with that area - its quite decent.

This is the email from our Sales Consultant today. She attached the drawings as well as Siting Plan.

"Please find your first siting & sketch attached for your review prior to our meeting on the weekend. At this meeting we will check that you are happy with the siting & make sure they have captured all your changes . You will also in this meeting have your final opportunity to make any final changes if you need to.
Please note : After this meeting you are not allowed any further changes if you do they will be charged .. so together we need to finalise the plan in this meeting for you.. "

I'm impressed there has been no mistakes in the drawings from our requests! I just want to add more windows to the bedrooms if possible and/or make them wider. Has anyone done this?
ASJ1981
This is the email from our Sales Consultant today. She attached the drawings as well as Siting Plan.

"Please find your first siting & sketch attached for your review prior to our meeting on the weekend. At this meeting we will check that you are happy with the siting & make sure they have captured all your changes . You will also in this meeting have your final opportunity to make any final changes if you need to.
Please note : After this meeting you are not allowed any further changes if you do they will be charged .. so together we need to finalise the plan in this meeting for you.. "

I'm impressed there has been no mistakes in the drawings from our requests! I just want to add more windows to the bedrooms if possible and/or make them wider. Has anyone done this?

We changed some of our windows. Just watch out for restrictions on window sizes for second storey (I think you’re building 2 storey?). There are rules about privacy which limit how high above the ground windows need to be, how wide the window can open and if they need to be frosted.

We made our back bedroom windows bigger which was fine because they were both highline privacy ones but our back neighbours are far enough away that the privacy rules don’t apply, but we couldn’t change the one along the side of the house because of the proximity to the neighbouring lot.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
ASJ1981

14/10 - Meeting with Sales Consultant, Sales Estimate given
20/10 - Sales Consultant submitted the paper work to HO (we paid deposit of 1K back in September though, but she held onto our paperwork at our request as we were waiting to exchange on Land)
24/10 - Welcome email received from WH (from this day, should take 6-8 weeks for Tender Presentation, therefore expecting call from Sales Consultant on 4/12/)
6/12 - Right on expected schedule, got call from Sales Consultant advising that "Siting" is done

So from the day our paperwork was submitted to HO, it has taken about 6weeks.

Wow that is so quick!
I'm guessing the process is alot quicker for a vacant block of land albeit unregistered.

Speaking of siting, I had a lovely gentleman from WH knock on our door late this afternoon to do a siting! When asked why it took so long for them to get around to it, he said the guys out on the road are really busy and it takes them 2-3 weeks to get around to do site inspections. That is once the tender guys gets all the paperwork done.

Our site inspections must be more complicated because it's a KDRB.
They hired out a contractor firm to come out and did a bore hole test on our block 2 weeks after the deposit. I'm guessing this would include the soil test as well.

The site inspection, according to the nice lad was to check for accessibility, traffic control etc.
He reassured us it would take 2 days to send report to HO and we should expect to hear from them soon.

Maybe when they mentioned siting on ur block ASJ1981, it's pretty straight forward.
Anyways- tender presentation for u this wkend woohoo!!
ozmonkeyoy
Quick update on our post handover pool/landscaping;

Its been slow going since handover 2 months ago, and we are battling time to get everything done before xmas.
The showery weather over the last few weeks have really slowed down the outside trades, and the pool final touches is also slow given they are working in their peak season.

Paving was supposed to be finished last week, hopefully now by the end of this week. The spa coping and waterfall soon thereafter.
Irrigation system and plants are supposed to be getting done this weekend, with the turf the following week. Pool fencing the week before xmas.
Really hoping this last bit can go to plan so we can sit back and enjoy it all.

Electrician finished off inside this week, the stairwell light being the last piece of puzzle there. (notice the dropped glass on the balustrade in pic below - its on Wisdom's maintenance list)

Oh those pavers looks great Oz..

How much did that cost? If you dont mind me asking.
Jordann
ozmonkeyoy

Its been slow going since handover 2 months ago, and we are battling time to get everything done before xmas.
The showery weather over the last few weeks have really slowed down the outside trades, and the pool final touches is also slow given they are working in their peak season.

Paving was supposed to be finished last week, hopefully now by the end of this week. The spa coping and waterfall soon thereafter.
Irrigation system and plants are supposed to be getting done this weekend, with the turf the following week. Pool fencing the week before xmas.

Electrician finished off inside this week, the stairwell light being the last piece of puzzle there. (notice the dropped glass on the balustrade in pic below - its on Wisdom's maintenance list)

Oh those pavers looks great Oz..

How much did that cost? If you dont mind me asking.
Hi Jordann

Pavers we purchased on sale for approx $60sqm from a local supplier on the Illawarra. They are tumble edged travertine french pattern.

Oz

Hello Everyone,
A quick question, do banks give Fixed Rate for construction loans. Did anyone have their rates fixed in the last 6 months.
We had our land loan fixed for 2 years ,however our broker is stating that construction loans cannot be fixed . We wanted to know if it is otherwise.
Thanks
SPK
spk_homebuild
Hello Everyone,
A quick question, do banks give Fixed Rate for construction loans. Did anyone have their rates fixed in the last 6 months.
We had our land loan fixed for 2 years ,however our broker is stating that construction loans cannot be fixed . We wanted to know if it is otherwise.
Thanks
SPK

Ours is the same. Since it’s progress payments the loan balance will vary so it has to be variable. Once you’ve drawn on the entire loan though you should be able to fix it.
spk_homebuild
Hello Everyone,
Thanks
SPK

I think they are always variable and interest only.

Hi guys, we have an appointment with our Sales Consultant on Sunday. As some of you may know, we are at the Tender stage. She has sent us the drawings/sketch with all our layout amendments and changes with the following email: "Please find your first siting & sketch attached for your review prior to our meeting on the weekend. At this meeting we will check that you are happy with the siting & make sure they have captured all your changes . You will also in this meeting have your final opportunity to make any final changes if you need to. Please note : After this meeting you are not allowed any further changes if you do they will be charged .. so together we need to finalise the plan in this meeting for you.. ". Is this meeting the actual "Tender Presentation"? When i asked her over the phone, she said it is the "First Sighting" - whatever that means!
She also said their admin process has changed slightly. I think they are doing things the other way around now. So basically this is our last chance to make any changes before they start charging fees for it
We have made some changes (again!) Hopefully come Sunday we have no more...
ozmonkeyoy

I came back onto the forum to see how everyone is progressing. This is looking great Oz. We have done very similar, except we have used a silver marble paver (same as in one of the display homes actually) on the alfresco and extends onto the pool area. Our tiler will probably be finished in a day or so but we have a concrete pool and getting the inside lining done at this time of the year is near impossible! I don't think we will be relaxing by the pool this Christmas. Hopefully you are!
Make sure you have what you want there.
Are you going for skylights?

ASJ1981
Hi guys, we have an appointment with our Sales Consultant on Sunday. As some of you may know, we are at the Tender stage. She has sent us the drawings/sketch with all our layout amendments and changes with the following email: "Please find your first siting & sketch attached for your review prior to our meeting on the weekend. At this meeting we will check that you are happy with the siting & make sure they have captured all your changes . You will also in this meeting have your final opportunity to make any final changes if you need to. Please note : After this meeting you are not allowed any further changes if you do they will be charged .. so together we need to finalise the plan in this meeting for you.. ". Is this meeting the actual "Tender Presentation"? When i asked her over the phone, she said it is the "First Sighting" - whatever that means!
She also said their admin process has changed slightly. I think they are doing things the other way around now. So basically this is our last chance to make any changes before they start charging fees for it
We have made some changes (again!) Hopefully come Sunday we have no more...
I like the sky light. Can I ask how much they cost? was this fixed or electric?
Yara

Hi Yara,

In June it was $2250 for fixed, I am not sure there is an electric option.

When we visited the display I noticed the natural light on the staircase looked really nice so wanted to include above.

Thanks,
Bob
Yara

Hi Yara,

The fixed skylight (FSC06) was $2,200 in February 2016.
The electric one (VSEC06) was quoted at approx $4,000 from memory.
We opted for the fixed one which gives great light over the stairs.

Oz
Yara

Check your Wisdom USB also, might have a more up to date price on there in the list of common upgrades.

Hi guys
Would you say this landscape package is worth $20,500? We added this to our Tender. We get a $5,500 voucher to go towards this, so it is now $15,000. Inclusions as per the pic attached. It is for a block of land size 300sqm. Our land is only 335sqm, so we would just pay the extra turf - if needed. Move in ready is important to us as much as possible, so the less we do after handover, the better.
-

I thought it was reasonable for the amount of things getting done - driveway including crossover, pebbles, fencing, garden, brick letter box, water buffalo turf with 100m turf prep, 7 x plants, 2 x side gates, brick edging to garden, clothes line, excavation and removal of spoil to driveway. The landscaping will also be designed by WL.

We had our 1st sighting yesterday, we went through the final changes/amendments to the layout. After this, it will be Tender Presentation ( which would happen in Jan 2018 ).
Yep, very reasonable for Wisdom landscapes

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum