Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 322 of 828
Build update;

Gyprock sheeting done, some cornicing done.
Week ahead, more sanding & finishing cornicing (square set throughout)

Really happy with how the build is progressing....

Some pics;

Facade

Corner treatment (for those on a corner block)

Garage

Entry

Entrance, foyer & home office niche

Foyer entrance & (area for stair install)

Home theatre, Leisure & Rumpus

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Rumpus & Leisure (from Alfresco)

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side
ozmonkeyoy
Build update;

Some pics;

Facade

Garage

Entry

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side

Your house looks massive. Beautiful
ozmonkeyoy
Build update;

Some pics;

Facade

Garage

Entry

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side

Wow it's looking fantastic!
I love your facade, it's modern but timeless I think. Exterior colours are great.
Jealous of your beautiful fireplace!
And the rear balcony, love it.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
ozmonkeyoy
Build update;

Some pics;

Facade

Garage

Entry

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side

WoW great progress Oz.

Wish we got the master ensuite balcony.. Council would not allow it.
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
Build update;

Some pics;

Facade

Garage

Entry

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side

I love your facade, it's modern but timeless I think. Exterior colours are great.

Thanks.
Fireplace was a bomb, but it will be a great feature (thanks Mrs Oz), with its double sided face.

Rear balcony we always wanted. We originally had planned for glass balustrades (before we knew what was building behind us), so glad now its brick and we have a bit more privacy with it. We were also fortunate enough to be sitting 8.5m off the rear boundary, meaning that we require no privacy screens (council requirement was 8m from rear), so very lucky there.

Hard to take pics of bathrooms and bedrooms - they never show up right in a photo, as you try to stand in a corner to get most of the room. But the bedrooms are generous sizes and look great. Our master suite we lost a bit of space with design (adding a small His WIR which has now been taken up mostly by ventilation and air con rough-in), and in hindsight had we know, we would have designed it better. When looking just at bedroom sizes, the kids rooms are now bigger than our master (without the WIR, ensuite & balcony space).

Think this coming week we won't see a lot happen...
Jordann
WoW great progress Oz.

Per last post, we always wanted the rear balcony off our master, no matter which house we built. Our current home has the master suite at the front of the house, this time we always wanted it in the back, so that knocked out quite a lot of house designs. Having the rear balcony facing north, overlooking the pool and the yard was always the plan. The only downside with the balcony are the dbl-storey dual occupancies that were built behind us, takes away a bit of privacy but certainly not a deal-breaker.

Did council not allow yours due to privacy issues near boundary? What a shame....
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
Build update;

Some pics;

Facade

Garage

Entry

Kitchen & butlers pantry

Kitchen

Kitchen & dining

Kitchen & dining x2

Rumpus

Laundry

Master ensuite spa

Rear balcony

Rear & West side

Thanks.
Fireplace was a bomb, but it will be a great feature (thanks Mrs Oz), with its double sided face.

Rear balcony we always wanted. We originally had planned for glass balustrades (before we knew what was building behind us), so glad now its brick and we have a bit more privacy with it. We were also fortunate enough to be sitting 8.5m off the rear boundary, meaning that we require no privacy screens (council requirement was 8m from rear), so very lucky there.

Hard to take pics of bathrooms and bedrooms - they never show up right in a photo, as you try to stand in a corner to get most of the room. But the bedrooms are generous sizes and look great. Our master suite we lost a bit of space with design (adding a small His WIR which has now been taken up mostly by ventilation and air con rough-in), and in hindsight had we know, we would have designed it better. When looking just at bedroom sizes, the kids rooms are now bigger than our master (without the WIR, ensuite & balcony space).

Your kids are very lucky! Mine will be glad to just have their own spaces I think, after living in a 3 bedroom house for so long.
That's a bummer about your wardrobe. When we had our AC appointment the consultant told me there would be ducting in our ensuite behind the door that isn't on the plans- I don't understand why they do that, why leave it off the plans if they know where it's going.
Your balcony will be a nice retreat.

ozmonkeyoy
Jordann
WoW great progress Oz.

Per last post, we always wanted the rear balcony off our master, no matter which house we built. Our current home has the master suite at the front of the house, this time we always wanted it in the back, so that knocked out quite a lot of house designs. Having the rear balcony facing north, overlooking the pool and the yard was always the plan. The only downside with the balcony are the dbl-storey dual occupancies that were built behind us, takes away a bit of privacy but certainly not a deal-breaker.

Did council not allow yours due to privacy issues near boundary? What a shame....

Yep council said no rear or side balcony because of privacy.

Would have been a great private retreat for us, but oh well saved us some $$. haha

Are you putting a spa in there?
Jordann
ozmonkeyoy
Jordann
WoW great progress Oz.

Yep council said no rear or side balcony because of privacy.

Would have been a great private retreat for us, but oh well saved us some $$. haha

Are you putting a spa in there?

Not totally sure what we are going to put in there, its been discussed and changed a few times now.
A spa was talked about, but we ended up deciding to put a pool in behind the house and had enough space to attach an in-ground spa to it. The pool will be right off the alfresco and the spa will sit beside it to be seen from the high rear window in the rumpus - the balcony will overlook both.

Hopefully we will see some slab prep on yours this week....
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
Thanks.

Your kids are very lucky! Mine will be glad to just have their own spaces I think, after living in a 3 bedroom house for so long.
That's a bummer about your wardrobe. When we had our AC appointment the consultant told me there would be ducting in our ensuite behind the door that isn't on the plans- I don't understand why they do that, why leave it off the plans if they know where it's going.

We knew that the air-con was always a risk and also the fireplace flue coming up through the WIR.
No matter how hard you plan and try to think of everything, you can't. There would be at least half a dozen things since construction that we have thought, gee we should have done that differently....sometimes you only see these once they are staring at you. Thankfully though, they are taking away from the new home, everyone is still excited.

So you have finally signed off on all variations now, and about to get the tick from the bank? Then NP coming in to do the pool?
ozmonkeyoy
MandM+4
ozmonkeyoy
Thanks.

We knew that the air-con was always a risk and also the fireplace flue coming up through the WIR.
No matter how hard you plan and try to think of everything, you can't. There would be at least half a dozen things since construction that we have thought, gee we should have done that differently....sometimes you only see these once they are staring at you. Thankfully though, they are taking away from the new home, everyone is still excited.

So you have finally signed off on all variations now, and about to get the tick from the bank? Then NP coming in to do the pool?

Yep...if all goes to plan! The pool is meant to be going in first week of July.
We still don't have official developer approval though as we have been waiting on the variation for the solar HWS. Now we've signed off on that fingers crossed that brings our Basix energy rating to 48. We were at vista park the other day for a community meet and greet thing and were informed they are upping their required minimum to 50 as of July. Eek! I think that will mean future builds there will have to have a solar PV system, I can't see another way around it.

, Ç. M

Looks awesome Oz! We had the exact same idea for the kitchen and butlers where we made an island and reversed the fridge cavity to open up into the main kitchen. Glad to see from your pics it was the right call!

May I ask what fridge/s you had in mind there? We widened ours too to accommodate the Fisher and Paykel pigeon pair with the trim kit.
ChizCake
Looks awesome Oz! We had the exact same idea for the kitchen and butlers where we made an island and reversed the fridge cavity to open up into the main kitchen. Glad to see from your pics it was the right call!

May I ask what fridge/s you had in mind there? We widened ours too to accommodate the Fisher and Paykel pigeon pair with the trim kit.

Thanks.

Kitchen, I've attached our plan and fridge space. Always wanted an island, so made sense to reduce the standard plan.

Fridge we are getting the Samsung 719L French Door (SRF719DLS), so the fridge cavity will have a pantry cupboard next to it. I think there is plenty of space there to put whatever you wish.

@ozmonkeyoy Please share the name of the bricks.

Your house is quite massive, looks awesome!
We are planning to have our dishwasher in the butlers & as per the plan there is a small sink there.

Can I get your opinions about having a island benchtop with or without sink. I am thinking of no sink island but not sure if it will effect practicality of things in any way.
aaron2008
@ozmonkeyoy Please share the name of the bricks.

Your house is quite massive, looks awesome!

Hi aaron2008,

Thanks.
The bricks are PGH Espresso, were included in Wisdom's range.

Oz
Very nice! Can see you have loads of storage, and you can never have too much I say!

Our butlers configuration is the same except for the MW tower as we've left the cavity there for a third fridge. Still waiting on our quote from Timpelle so no plans to share just yet (had the same delays as JenniferMarie where the selections quote with sink and appliances upgrade took forever, and Timpelle couldn't proceed without).

Did they factor in a credit for the caesarstone since you've shortened the standard bench to create the island?
aaron2008
We are planning to have our dishwasher in the butlers & as per the plan there is a small sink there.

Can I get your opinions about having a island benchtop with or without sink. I am thinking of no sink island but not sure if it will effect practicality of things in any way.

We have a single sink with drainer in our butlers and the standard double undermount sink on our island. I would have loved to have a clear island bench but with our design the dishwasher had to go in the island so it wasn't practical to have no sink there. We also have doors on our pantry so to walk through doors to get water also wasn't practical. If your design is open like oz's and your dishwasher is in there i reckon forgo the island sink. But make it a double sink or bigger sink so it's practical for pot washing etc.

ChizCake
Very nice! Can see you have loads of storage, and you can never have too much I say!

Our butlers configuration is the same except for the MW tower as we've left the cavity there for a third fridge. Still waiting on our quote from Timpelle so no plans to share just yet (had the same delays as JenniferMarie where the selections quote with sink and appliances upgrade took forever, and Timpelle couldn't proceed without).

Did they factor in a credit for the caesarstone since you've shortened the standard bench to create the island?

Yes, you will receive a credit for both the reduction in the bench (we reduced ours by 820mm, but widened it by 100mm) and also the base cabinetry. Our credit with Knebel was $550 for the above.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum