Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 276 of 828
Hi all, for those still in admin - highly recommend upgrading to soundscreen insulation and solid core doors. We've been in our house 3 wks and just finding the echo thru house a little annoying! Hubby and I work different hours (I'm up in the morning early and he's home and about 11pm) and just should have bit the bullet on those things. We soundscreened the theatre only, for $400ish. Should have done the whole house. We the serenity 31 single story and can hear all that's happening in the kitchen, from our bedroom. Something to consider if you live with shift workers and like silence lol. Seems all the tiles we all have in our homes now makes a good tunnel for sound!!! I guess with the doors, you can always change those but recommend the sound screen if your budget allows it

PS - great to see some good progress for some of you!! Looking amazing!

Kirst10
Hi all, for those still in admin - highly recommend upgrading to soundscreen insulation and solid core doors. We've been in our house 3 wks and just finding the echo thru house a little annoying! Hubby and I work different hours (I'm up in the morning early and he's home and about 11pm) and just should have bit the bullet on those things. We soundscreened the theatre only, for $400ish. Should have done the whole house. We the serenity 31 single story and can hear all that's happening in the kitchen, from our bedroom. Something to consider if you live with shift workers and like silence lol. Seems all the tiles we all have in our homes now makes a good tunnel for sound!!! I guess with the doors, you can always change those but recommend the sound screen if your budget allows it

Yeah my old house did that which is pretty similar to your layout. (It was the providence 24). The joys of open plan living right?!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Scaffolding finally down!

Hoping bricks are cleaned next week and main flooring in. My fingers are crossed.

MrsLlamas2016

Hoping bricks are cleaned next week and main flooring in. My fingers are crossed.

Looking nice and "Majestic" in the sun!!!
MrsLlamas2016

Congrats 😊

MrsLlamas2016

Fingers crossed!

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
MrsLlamas2016

Looking good...
Regarding sound screen insulation, I've always been confused about how it's marked on our plans. We paid for it in 2 walls which have TVs backing on to a bedroom, and this is clear on the plans, but we also paid for it in the ceiling above our HT and ground floor bedroom. The only place on the plans I can find any mention of it is as pictured. Is this standard, or have they upgraded the whole ceiling, or would the specific areas be marked on the plans somewhere and I'm missing it? If any of you have specified this in just certain areas I'd be curious to know what your plans say.

Thanks

MandM+4

Thanks

Hi M&M+4,

In your diagram I noticed that you eaves are 450mm. Is that standard or an upgrade?

GLO
MandM+4

Thanks

Hi M&M+4,

In your diagram I noticed that you eaves are 450mm. Is that standard or an upgrade?

Was standard, at least with the luxury essentials package anyway.

Kirst10

Thanks for pointing that out.

Is the sound screen fitting only on internal walls? Leaving the insulation for the external walls and roof.

Would that all be an expensive exercise?

GLO
Kirst10

Is the sound screen fitting only on internal walls? Leaving the insulation for the external walls and roof.

Good question GLO, I can't remember if it goes in the external walls. But doing our theatre and one other wall (one in between bed 2&3 coz there's no robes separating them) was $450 from memory. So possibly to do most of the house (walls that open to the living space) would be maybe $1500ish. If you've got a single story, something to think about!

MrsLlamas2016

Love it, looks fabulous now you can see it in all its glory

MandM+4
Regarding sound screen insulation, I've always been confused about how it's marked on our plans. We paid for it in 2 walls which have TVs backing on to a bedroom, and this is clear on the plans, but we also paid for it in the ceiling above our HT and ground floor bedroom. The only place on the plans I can find any mention of it is as pictured. Is this standard, or have they upgraded the whole ceiling, or would the specific areas be marked on the plans somewhere and I'm missing it? If any of you have specified this in just certain areas I'd be curious to know what your plans say.

Thanks

Looks like they put it in for the whole floor space. We have the same note on our plans and we paid for the entire floor.

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Kirst10
GLO
Kirst10

Good question GLO, I can't remember if it goes in the external walls. But doing our theatre and one other wall (one in between bed 2&3 coz there's no robes separating them) was $450 from memory. So possibly to do most of the house (walls that open to the living space) would be maybe $1500ish. If you've got a single story, something to think about!

We have put soundscreen through most of our internal walls and between the two floors - it's costing us $1890 for ground floor, $1200 for first floor (we skipped some walls that weren't necessary) and $1950 for between the floors. We also put solid core doors everywhere which was an additional $90/door. So all up it would be around $7000 if we did every internal wall and door in the house - that's for a 31sq house.

Jenifermarie
MandM+4

Thanks

Looks like they put it in for the whole floor space. We have the same note on our plans and we paid for the entire floor.

Hmm. And yours is R2.5 ours 2.0.

MandM+4
Jenifermarie
MandM+4

Thanks

I just checked our contract. We have 2.0 in the walls but 2.5 in between the floors listed on there, might be worth looking to see what is in your contract. I think the 2.0 is thinner and is all that fits in the wall frames. We didn't specify when we requested it in our tender, that was just what Wisdom put in.

Jenifermarie
MandM+4
Jenifermarie
[quote="MandM+4"]Regarding sound screen insulation, I've always been confused about how it's marked on our plans. We paid for it in 2 walls which have TVs backing on to a bedroom, and this is clear on the plans, but we also paid for it in the ceiling above our HT and ground floor bedroom. The only place on the plans I can find any mention of it is as pictured. Is this standard, or have they upgraded the whole ceiling, or would the specific areas be marked on the plans somewhere and I'm missing it? If any of you have specified this in just certain areas I'd be curious to know what your plans say.

Thanks

I just checked our contract. We have 2.0 in the walls but 2.5 in between the floors listed on there, might be worth looking to see what is in your contract. I think the 2.0 is thinner and is all that fits in the wall frames. We didn't specify when we requested it in our tender, that was just what Wisdom put in.

https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/[/quote]

I've already checked, we have 2.0 in contract tender. Will see what eventuates, I certainly won't be querying it

Hi just wondering for those who built the grand portico facade (I believe mrsL and Hashem?) Were the frames and roof trusses for your front portico put up at the same time as the rest of the frames. Ours aren't up yet, but I just figured they hadn't quite finished. Got an invoice for completion of frames today and want to make sure that it is actually finished before we pay. I'm expecting it to be all done tomorrow but just thought I'd check in case it was done at roofing stage?

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum