Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 268 of 828
MrsLlamas2016

Did a test run on our lights today

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Your place is looking amazing!!! You are so close to the end, I'm surprised your SS hasn't given you a PCI date. It's funny, looking at your down lights I cannot for the life of me remember whether we chose white or silver or whether there was a choice at all! It'd eels like forever ago that we made our selections!

In our news, we just got back from our fabulous cruise this morning and my hubby went straight to the house to check things out. And guess what... the whole house has been sheeted! And they only started on Tuesday! They can be so quick when they want to be. Or when they want to get more money out of you more like it! I made him FaceTime me while he was there so I could have a look! It's finally looking like a proper house!! Gosh it feel so good to have some real progress happening! Will take some pics over the weekend.

House looking fantastic MrsL and great news msjovi. Thanks for the info regarding the exterior taps Oz, that's a real bummer. Makes sense they'd put 2 in the front but they ought to mention that, and give us the option to put a 2nd out back, AND put them to the side of the house where they can be screened off!
Got our landscape plan back today, I'm so excited, can not wait to have a big yard with all the bells and whistles! I love that they've given us plant suggestions and the number we will require of each, so easy. We'll probably just copy it all and do it ourselves, for the most part

I was wondering if anyone got a quote from Di Lorenzo to tile their alfresco and if the quote was competitive? I'd like to use the same tile we have for our porch and balcony which is just a builders range tile.

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Did a test run on our lights today

Your place is looking amazing!!! You are so close to the end, I'm surprised your SS hasn't given you a PCI date. It's funny, looking at your down lights I cannot for the life of me remember whether we chose white or silver or whether there was a choice at all! It'd eels like forever ago that we made our selections!

In our news, we just got back from our fabulous cruise this morning and my hubby went straight to the house to check things out. And guess what... the whole house has been sheeted! And they only started on Tuesday! They can be so quick when they want to be. Or when they want to get more money out of you more like it! I made him FaceTime me while he was there so I could have a look! It's finally looking like a proper house!! Gosh it feel so good to have some real progress happening! Will take some pics over the weekend.

Hooooooooray! Cannot wait to see pics!!!! It will feel real next time you get to go
just tell your hubby "look how much happened while we were on holidays" as an excuse to take more holidays hahaha

Well if it helps - they come standard in white with an interchangeable stainless steel cover, so they leave you all the covers Incase you want to change them. We ended up changing 3 to white in our main hallway as they are slightly off center (there is a beam directly in the middle
) so hoping the white makes it less obvious.

We had a few issues this week with a full length mirror that we paid for (that I forgot about), that now has a PowerPoint directly where it's meant to go HAHA when I spoke to my SS he said "don't you remember what you picked?" - I laughed and said "given that we did our tender nearly 2 years ago- NO."

MandM+4
House looking fantastic MrsL and great news msjovi. Thanks for the info regarding the exterior taps Oz, that's a real bummer. Makes sense they'd put 2 in the front but they ought to mention that, and give us the option to put a 2nd out back, AND put them to the side of the house where they can be screened off!
Got our landscape plan back today, I'm so excited, can not wait to have a big yard with all the bells and whistles! I love that they've given us plant suggestions and the number we will require of each, so easy. We'll probably just copy it all and do it ourselves, for the most part

I was wondering if anyone got a quote from Di Lorenzo to tile their alfresco and if the quote was competitive? I'd like to use the same tile we have for our porch and balcony which is just a builders range tile.

Hi MandM+4

We are getting Di Lorenzo to do our alfresco with $35 builders range 450x450 tiles. I wanted the tiles to be the same as the front porch. It is costing $1938. Our alfresco area is 4530x2870mm.

I tried to get some 'outside' tiling quotes which came back at about $1300 from memory for both areas, plus there is the cost of the tiles & any 'extra' costs that might happen to pop up. I thought I might as well just pay the extra and not have to worry about the hassle of doing it after hand over. Plus it is covered by Wisdom/Di Lorenzo if anything is wrong with the tiling job.

I can give you a break down on how D/L calculated the quote (I asked them for it), as I thought it was pretty expensive at first...
Chinoandbebe
MandM+4

Hi MandM+4

We are getting Di Lorenzo to do our alfresco with $35 builders range 450x450 tiles. I wanted the tiles to be the same as the front porch. It is costing $1938. Our alfresco area is 4530x2870mm.

I tried to get some 'outside' tiling quotes which came back at about $1300 from memory for both areas, plus there is the cost of the tiles & any 'extra' costs that might happen to pop up. I thought I might as well just pay the extra and not have to worry about the hassle of doing it after hand over. Plus it is covered by Wisdom/Di Lorenzo if anything is wrong with the tiling job.

I can give you a break down on how D/L calculated the quote (I asked them for it), as I thought it was pretty expensive at first...

Thanks, it doesn't sound particularly expensive to me but ours is 20 square metres so would probably be around $3k which is a bit ouchy.
I think I will ask them to quote us anyway and make a decision. If the tiles for ours are say $800, I can't imagine it costing $2k to lay but who knows!
Thanks

Exciting day today with frames delivered and backyard being scraped and prepped. Not sure if the extra alfresco concrete will be done today too or that will happen at the end of the build with the driveway and front side path. Going past tonight with kids sport so will have another look

Rocchet
Exciting day today with frames delivered and backyard being scraped and prepped. Not sure if the extra alfresco concrete will be done today too or that will happen at the end of the build with the driveway and front side path. Going past tonight with kids sport so will have another look

Wow ... awesome.... what did u finally decide to do with the landscaping??

gfernz
Rocchet

Getting everything we had originally requested done with them. Site prep and scrape (including removal of all soil/fill etc) additional alfresco concrete, driveway, side path from driveway to laundry, washing line, letterbox and stockpile of turf underlay.
At the end of the day we just want everything that we could afford to do and would need to be completed relatively quickly done with them to avoid the hassle and time afterwards. Thinking about it now I wish we had them quote on the garden edging as well because I've decided I don't want to do that ourselves but we'll just need to get someone in once we've finished to do that.

Rocchet

Love it! Excited to see more pics next week

Rocchet
gfernz
Rocchet

Getting everything we had originally requested done with them. Site prep and scrape (including removal of all soil/fill etc) additional alfresco concrete, driveway, side path from driveway to laundry, washing line, letterbox and stockpile of turf underlay.
At the end of the day we just want everything that we could afford to do and would need to be completed relatively quickly done with them to avoid the hassle and time afterwards. Thinking about it now I wish we had them quote on the garden edging as well because I've decided I don't want to do that ourselves but we'll just need to get someone in once we've finished to do that.

I agree, I'm thinking along the same lines too... to get the site prep done and removal of dirt. Only additionally add concrete steps to the side of the laundry... And thinking whether it is worth doing concrete on both sides of the house till the back so it doesn't get mucky when it rains or just leaving it with big tiles and pebbles from the laundry to the back...What is stockpile of turf underlay??

Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

msjovi
Plasterboard finally done!!! It only took 7 months to get to this point! Lol! But in all honesty, we're just so happy with how things are progressing now. Hopefully all will go smoothly from here on in!

Looks amazing msjovi!! I bet you are feeling better about the whole thing. Thank god it's moving the right way for you now!

msjovi

Yay msjovi!
It's going to be an absolutely stunning home when it's done, I have no doubt!
What is the second last photo? Looks like a bathroom from the plumbing but it's open?
Your pillarless alfresco is really wow.

msjovi

Ahhhhhhh! LOVE LOVE LOVE! congrats - looks amazing!!! Does it feel heaps bigger now??

msjovi

Great to see that the interior is starting to take shape. Will really be starting to feel like your home now moving forward. Hope for a speedy finish from here.

msjovi

What amazing spaces! Loving the stacker doors without corner wall between

gfernz
Rocchet
gfernz
[quote="Rocchet"]Exciting day today with frames delivered and backyard being scraped and prepped. Not sure if the extra alfresco concrete will be done today too or that will happen at the end of the build with the driveway and front side path. Going past tonight with kids sport so will have another look

I agree, I'm thinking along the same lines too... to get the site prep done and removal of dirt. Only additionally add concrete steps to the side of the laundry... And thinking whether it is worth doing concrete on both sides of the house till the back so it doesn't get mucky when it rains or just leaving it with big tiles and pebbles from the laundry to the back...What is stockpile of turf underlay??

[/quote]

We need 4.5 tonnes of underlay soil for our backyard and if we bring it in after frames we'll be wheelbarrowing it manually so wisdom bring it all into the backyard before we lose access and leave it in a pile for after completion then all we have to do is spread it out and lay turf on top. Apparently it's quite common practise

Rocchet

Good to see that the next stage is all ready to start next week. The frames will be up to no time....

MandM+4
msjovi

Yay msjovi!
What is the second last photo? Looks like a bathroom from the plumbing but it's open?

Thank you! Yeah I LOVE how the pillarless alfresco looks! The stackers should be installed next week.

That second last pic is our master bedroom/ensuite. We removed the wall in between and are going to have a floor to ceiling glass panel separating the two. Hubby's a glazier so he will install that after handover. My dream master bedroom was to have it look like a hotel room and the Ambassador design was perfect for that as the shower and toilet are hidden away behind the vanity wall. So you'll pretty much see the freestanding bath and double vanity as you walk into the room. I'm hoping it comes together as we've pictured it!!

msjovi
MandM+4
msjovi

Yay msjovi!

Thank you! Yeah I LOVE how the pillarless alfresco looks! The stackers should be installed next week.

That second last pic is our master bedroom/ensuite. We removed the wall in between and are going to have a floor to ceiling glass panel separating the two. Hubby's a glazier so he will install that after handover. My dream master bedroom was to have it look like a hotel room and the Ambassador design was perfect for that as the shower and toilet are hidden away behind the vanity wall. So you'll pretty much see the freestanding bath and double vanity as you walk into the room. I'm hoping it comes together as we've pictured it!!

Wow!! That is going to be amazing.
Rather handy hubby you have there

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum