Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 249 of 828
Jordann
Oh what bricks have they included now?

The 3 darker bricks in the Urban One range and the The Avenue range from Austral.

My husband is pretty much at the end of his tether with me and my indecision over bricks at this point. And I was just taking pictures of Chiffon yesterday for Chino thinking they were an upgrade so not an option for us.

MandM+4
Chinoandbebe- we have chosen the chiffon brick, i have a few pics on my computer i will see if i can upload...the sample i have looks darker than the pic of the wall i have, the first pic with the tiles is more accurate.

Jenifermarie- we could only get $30 per day liquidated damages and my husband had to call the sales manager to get it. I find that figure absolutely ridiculous, not much of a penalty at all! We did however get the date changed on contract that we have to have loan and council approvals by to Sept 30th. So hopefully enough time.

Oh cool, you chose this brick!!! Thanks for the pics, I think they look good. I like the darker grey colour!
Jenifermarie
Jordann

The 3 darker bricks in the Urban One range and the The Avenue range from Austral.

My husband is pretty much at the end of his tether with me and my indecision over bricks at this point. And I was just taking pictures of Chiffon yesterday for Chino thinking they were an upgrade so not an option for us.

Thank you soooo much Jenifermarie for going to the brick place on Sunday and for taking the photos! You are the best!

They are not an upgrade, they are included in the range. I am loving the dark grey colour. I think I will have to go and check them out and grab a sample, as you did say the pics have come out a little darker.

It definitely gives me another colour to consider. I like the darker colours, so it's come down to PGH Espresso, Blackbutt and Chiffon. Decisions decisions

Jenifermarie
Well we're all signed. The SC had another 2 contract signings after us...they certainly churn people through when they want to.

Congrats! You must be so excited! Hopefully we aren't too far behind.

Thanks Rocchet, Jenifermarie and MrsL - I agree, we're really happy with the darker grey. It's one mistake I'm happy they made!! Haha!
Met our new SS on site today and.. we love him! He is brilliant and totally on the ball. He has booked in all our appointments until tiling stage and was really upfront about it all. He also inherited quite a mess with our place which I think is the reason the others were moved off our job. Apparently he was the one that fixed all the errors along the way so I'm glad we have him as our SS full time now and not just from the sidelines.
Now, if only this damn rain could just ease off we should have sheeting starting the week after next!! Finally! Yay!!

msjovi
Thanks Rocchet, Jenifermarie and MrsL - I agree, we're really happy with the darker grey. It's one mistake I'm happy they made!! Haha!
Met our new SS on site today and.. we love him! He is brilliant and totally on the ball. He has booked in all our appointments until tiling stage and was really upfront about it all. He also inherited quite a mess with our place which I think is the reason the others were moved off our job. Apparently he was the one that fixed all the errors along the way so I'm glad we have him as our SS full time now and not just from the sidelines.
Now, if only this damn rain could just ease off we should have sheeting starting the week after next!! Finally! Yay!!

yay!! So glad you're seeing some goodmovement on site

Chinoandbebe
Jenifermarie
Well we're all signed. The SC had another 2 contract signings after us...they certainly churn people through when they want to.

Congrats! You must be so excited! Hopefully we aren't too far behind.

I'm a bit overwhelmed to be honest. After all these months of waiting and nothingness, we have finally seen our land, started our loan approvals, signed off plans and contract and arranged our appointments all in the space of 10 days.

When does your land register? I think we have been on very similar timelines so I'm sure you must be close now.

I can't deny I'm amazed how quickly they have moved since we got the revised plans last Thursday. I went back to them at 4.45pm with a couple of issues and the plans were fixed by 9.15am the next day. Shame they can't always move that quick.

Jenifermarie
Jordann

Serious? So Pepper and Chiffon is included now?

We wanted those but didn't want to fork out the extras..
Jenifermarie
Someone put me out of my misery now. Wisdom have extra bricks on their inclusions list now in comparison to the list I originally got. I was having enough trouble picking already!!!

Magic what a contract signing and payment will do. Less than 24 hours later and all our appointments are booked. Couldn't get a colours appointment until May they're so busy.

I'm a little bit excited that with the way everything has fallen plus the public holidays, I won't work another 5 days week after this week until mid May

Eek! We signed on the weekend, but I haven't had confirmation of our colour appointment that I tentatively booked for this Thursday as yet. If we don't get in til May I will cry lol...we go away on holiday next week for 2 weeks and we've now settled on our land so keen to move forward as quickly as possible!

Msjovi- for some reason I can't see your pics you attached to your post about render colour. And I want to, especially the pool pic lol. We put a deposit down today on the symphony 7 in Grey quartz, so exciting!

Chino- we were going to go with PGH truffle until they updated the included brick list with Chiffon on it...the 2 bricks are almost identical from the samples I have, truffle is just a tiny bit lighter and the finish on the chiffon brick is a bit smoother. Espresso is a fair bit darker. We haven't officially chosen it yet, hopefully colour appointment this week 😊
Woohoo! We finally have a handover date after months of doing that last 5% to get the house perfect. Gonna collect keys on Thursday, I think our build took 2 weeks less than the record-breaking orpheus and his dream metricon but is definitely up there on the record books for longest KDRBs. W claimed 41 day contract extension (rain days + council delays) which got them up to mid Feb, March was almost a total write off with rain days so in reality they were only 2 and a bit weeks late over contract.

Hoping handover all goes smoothly. I'm counting down the hours. They have to re-spray my driveway on Friday cos the turf installers chipped it with a pallet of sod but I'm willing to hand over the final cheque if that is the only item outstanding.

Yes it's taken W forever but to their credit they have fixed *everything* on the PCI list from the Steven Ryan and then another walkthrough by the missus and I, it got to the point where the supervisor had to pull out a paintbrush himself and touch things up LOL. I managed to get my lower bricks cleaned again which was great cos they were fairly dirty.

Anyboyd know how long it takes to install the hot water heater, AC, stove and microwave afterwards?
ShuddaBeenATradie
Woohoo! We finally have a handover date after months of doing that last 5% to get the house perfect. Gonna collect keys on Thursday, I think our build took 2 weeks less than the record-breaking orpheus and his dream metricon but is definitely up there on the record books for longest KDRBs. W claimed 41 day contract extension (rain days + council delays) which got them up to mid Feb, March was almost a total write off with rain days so in reality they were only 2 and a bit weeks late over contract.

Hoping handover all goes smoothly. I'm counting down the hours. They have to re-spray my driveway on Friday cos the turf installers chipped it with a pallet of sod but I'm willing to hand over the final cheque if that is the only item outstanding.

Yes it's taken W forever but to their credit they have fixed *everything* on the PCI list from the Steven Ryan and then another walkthrough by the missus and I, it got to the point where the supervisor had to pull out a paintbrush himself and touch things up LOL. I managed to get my lower bricks cleaned again which was great cos they were fairly dirty.

Anyboyd know how long it takes to install the hot water heater, AC, stove and microwave afterwards?

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to see pics!

I think Msjovi might win the KDR period. But yours has been an uphill battle!!!

Appliances normally come the day of handover or the day after

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes
MrsLlamas2016
ShuddaBeenATradie

We have friends (not on the forum) that had handover early last week, and they are still waiting for their appliances. Luckily they still have their old house nearby to run back to for showers and cooking. Hopefully that doesn't become the norm for W.
ShuddaBeenATradie

Great News!!! Bring on Thursday....
ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
ShuddaBeenATradie

We have friends (not on the forum) that had handover early last week, and they are still waiting for their appliances. Luckily they still have their old house nearby to run back to for showers and cooking. Hopefully that doesn't become the norm for W.

I thought they can't handover till all the appliances are installed and the house is "practically complete"
Don't they apply for the interim occupation cert?

ajayshekar
ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
[quote="ShuddaBeenATradie"]Woohoo! We finally have a handover date after months of doing that last 5% to get the house perfect. Gonna collect keys on Thursday, I think our build took 2 weeks less than the record-breaking orpheus and his dream metricon but is definitely up there on the record books for longest KDRBs. W claimed 41 day contract extension (rain days + council delays) which got them up to mid Feb, March was almost a total write off with rain days so in reality they were only 2 and a bit weeks late over contract.

I thought they can't handover till all the appliances are installed and the house is "practically complete"

[/quote]
No they dont install appliances in case they get stolen. Our SS advised its the day after we get the key.

ajayshekar
ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
[quote="ShuddaBeenATradie"]Woohoo! We finally have a handover date after months of doing that last 5% to get the house perfect. Gonna collect keys on Thursday, I think our build took 2 weeks less than the record-breaking orpheus and his dream metricon but is definitely up there on the record books for longest KDRBs. W claimed 41 day contract extension (rain days + council delays) which got them up to mid Feb, March was almost a total write off with rain days so in reality they were only 2 and a bit weeks late over contract.

[/quote]

Our contract has a clause saying up to 2 days working days after settlement for appliance installation. It's clause 9 of the special clauses from Wisdom. Might be worth checking if they had it in your contract Shudda or if it's a new clause.

MandM+4
Jenifermarie
Someone put me out of my misery now. Wisdom have extra bricks on their inclusions list now in comparison to the list I originally got. I was having enough trouble picking already!!!

Magic what a contract signing and payment will do. Less than 24 hours later and all our appointments are booked. Couldn't get a colours appointment until May they're so busy.

I'm a little bit excited that with the way everything has fallen plus the public holidays, I won't work another 5 days week after this week until mid May

Eek! We signed on the weekend, but I haven't had confirmation of our colour appointment that I tentatively booked for this Thursday as yet. If we don't get in til May I will cry lol...we go away on holiday next week for 2 weeks and we've now settled on our land so keen to move forward as quickly as possible!

Msjovi- for some reason I can't see your pics you attached to your post about render colour. And I want to, especially the pool pic lol. We put a deposit down today on the symphony 7 in Grey quartz, so exciting!

Chino- we were going to go with PGH truffle until they updated the included brick list with Chiffon on it...the 2 bricks are almost identical from the samples I have, truffle is just a tiny bit lighter and the finish on the chiffon brick is a bit smoother. Espresso is a fair bit darker. We haven't officially chosen it yet, hopefully colour appointment this week 😊

Hoping for good news re appointments....

We also signed up for pool with NP on 31/3 and have also paid our deposit. They will be installing the pool/spa post handover. We were close to choosing Grey Quartz but ended up going with Blue Azurite, as wanted something a bit different from the look of our current fibreglass pool.

Bricks, we ended up going with espresso - it is a really dark brick. We toyed with the idea of Truffle, but after looking at many different houses we just liked the look of the espresso a bit better, a bit more striking. In hindsight of our build thus far, with the size of our build and also most of our neighbours having built with light bricks, we probably should ave picked something a bit lighter. But we are rendering the facade in lighter colours and also breaking up the brickwork with cladding in 3 different areas upstairs, so hopefully it turns out okay.
Jenifermarie
ajayshekar

Our contract has a clause saying up to 2 days working days after settlement for appliance installation. It's clause 9 of the special clauses from Wisdom. Might be worth checking if they had it in your contract Shudda or if it's a new clause.

Yep, we have the 2 day clause in our contract.
ShuddaBeenATradie

Congratulations! Any more pics?
jenifermarie hashem2k3 thanks for the info, yeah I suspected so. Hoping we can get at least the hot water heater on Friday cos that's really the only thing I need to move in. The rest can come on Monday.

Practical Completion was actually a while ago for us, that's when it's ready for the final inspection. We have our interim OC on our fridge at the moment. Handover is the date that actually matters
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum