Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 236 of 828
MrsLlamas2016
I think you can, but we had to pay extra (or choose a certain type of occupancy cert). They only issue one. So I think it was either they do your driveway and you wait, or you do it and get a different cert from them?

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Yep, you're right. You can move in without a driveway if you've paid extra for an interim occupation certificate, as we have done. I believe we have 12 months to complete landscape works before Wisdom will issue us with our final occupation certificate.

Hashkem - because Wisdom is doing your landscaping you'll have to wait until your driveway is completed before handover. Unless there's a way to add in an interim certificate now? Although I'm assuming you'd have to pay a building variation, which will delay things. It will probably be quicker just waiting for this rain to ease. It's delayed all of us! At this rate we're just hoping we'll be in by Christmas!!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
I think you can, but we had to pay extra (or choose a certain type of occupancy cert). They only issue one. So I think it was either they do your driveway and you wait, or you do it and get a different cert from them?

Yep, you're right. You can move in without a driveway if you're doing your driveway after handover and you've paid extra for an interim occupation certificate , as we have done. I believe we have 12 months to complete landscape works before Wisdom will issue us with our final occupation certificate.

Hashkem - because Wisdom is doing your landscaping you'll have to wait until your driveway is completed before handover. Unless there's a way to add in an interim certificate now? Although I'm assuming you'd have to pay a building variation, which will delay things. It will probably be quicker just waiting for this rain to ease. It's delayed all of us! At this rate we're just hoping we'll be in by Christmas!!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Yep, you're right. You can move in without a driveway if you've paid extra for an interim occupation certificate, as we have done. I believe we have 12 months to complete landscape works before Wisdom will issue us with our final occupation certificate.

Wisdom has charged us $360 for an interim certificate already. But my SS advised they need this done even before interim certificate. Contradicts with info I got here. Got our PCI this Monday and will clarify this with our SS.

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Wisdom has charged us $360 for an interim certificate already. But my SS advised they need this done even before interim certificate. Contradicts with info I got here. Got our PCI this Monday and will clarify this with our SS.

hashem2k3
msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Hi, Hashem

just want to ask if how many weeks wisdom build your house from the time they poured the slab.

thakn you
ysabelle
hashem2k3

Hi, Hashem

just want to ask if how many weeks wisdom build your house from the time they poured the slab.

thakn you

Sorry for the late response. Slab was poured 20/09/16. Expecting hand over Early April pending rain.
Better view blinds quoted us $5960 for blinds. We are building a 29SQ double storey house. Anyone here got quote from elsewhere and is this quote reasonable?
hashem2k3
ysabelle
hashem2k3

Hi, Hashem

thakn you

Sorry for the late response. Slab was poured 20/09/16. Expecting hand over Early April pending rain.

Was your PCI today???

Yes we had it today morning. Everything is complete except the driveway...... not sure when the drive way will be done as its pretty much raining till end of month.

It's kitchen day!!! Hooooray!

MrsLlamas2016

Looking awesome!!!! Love the colour selections.

hashem2k3
Yes we had it today morning. Everything is complete except the driveway...... not sure when the drive way will be done as its pretty much raining till end of month.

I think it clears up next week, but they might have a huge backlog of work
I really hope it doesn't push back your handover date!!!

MrsLlamas2016

Wowsers!!! Love, love, love! Is your laminate burnished wood?

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks
it's made me realize how big our kitchen actually is! Hahaha

Top cabinets are domain in the kitchen, living and home theatre. Bathroom is blackened linewood so I would guess it's quite close! What have you picked?

Any progress last week for you in that horrible rain????

Looking good MrsLlamas! The whole living area looks huge. Did your backsplash window come with opening windows as standard? Great idea to vent smells from the kitchen.

MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks

Top cabinets are domain in the kitchen, living and home theatre. Bathroom is blackened linewood so I would guess it's quite close! What have you picked?

We've picked burnished wood for our top cabinets, and leisure and theatre room cabinetry. It's actually really similar to yours!

No progress at all for us.. it's actually getting to be quite depressing.

Hopefully we'll see some action this week. Can you believe we don't even have our lower roof on??

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"]

Thanks

We've picked burnished wood for our top cabinets, and leisure and theatre room cabinetry. It's actually really similar to yours!

No progress at all for us.. it's actually getting to be quite depressing.

Hopefully we'll see some action this week. Can you believe we don't even have our lower roof on??

[/quote]

How funny! Well I would imagine it'll look very similar!!!

Ugh yes this rain is so bad. Our upper rumpus and bedroom needs to be pulled down and re-gyprocked and painted from our cracked roof tiles

I can't believe that's all yours is up to. Surely they must start interiors soon?! It's been 6 months!!!!!

Jenifermarie
Looking good MrsLlamas! The whole living area looks huge. Did your backsplash window come with opening windows as standard? Great idea to vent smells from the kitchen.

No it was flush panel but this is an alternate standard option you can have. So no charge! Hooray!
I had it in my last house and loved it as I could keep them open all the time and didn't ever have to keep my back door open!
Just enough fresh air for cooking!!

MrsLlamas2016

House looking good MrsLlamas.

Made me wish we went with burnished wood instead of espresso ligna. I think burnished wood was discontinued at our selection.
hashem2k3

Grats on PCI Hashem.

Is there much for Wisdom to fix up before handover?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum