Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 816 of 828
Adam_17
diepiggy
Went through contract signing a couple of weeks ago, and received our consultation plans on Thursday.

Everything seems good, except wisdom missed a height change on one of my garage doors (double door, single, and a drive through) to 2400mm.

I also noticed that the laundry sliding door to the exterior of the home was 2100mm high, even though we have the Signature package with the higher ceilings and doors. Every other door on the floor is 2340.

Because of these two changes, we now have a 20 business day delay, meaning we will be lucky to be able to proceed before the end of January now... Grumble grumble

Can't you still book your CQ appointments? The final plans are only done as a last step (after BASIX, Kitchen drawings, etc are done) which will most likely take another 6-8 months

So I got the variations back yesterday, and I was told they cannot proceed to basix or CQ till the revised plans come back... Woo!
diepiggy
Adam_17
diepiggy
Went through contract signing a couple of weeks ago, and received our consultation plans on Thursday.

Everything seems good, except wisdom missed a height change on one of my garage doors (double door, single, and a drive through) to 2400mm.

I also noticed that the laundry sliding door to the exterior of the home was 2100mm high, even though we have the Signature package with the higher ceilings and doors. Every other door on the floor is 2340.

Because of these two changes, we now have a 20 business day delay, meaning we will be lucky to be able to proceed before the end of January now... Grumble grumble

Can't you still book your CQ appointments? The final plans are only done as a last step (after BASIX, Kitchen drawings, etc are done) which will most likely take another 6-8 months

So I got the variations back yesterday, and I was told they cannot proceed to basix or CQ till the revised plans come back... Woo!

I had the exact same issue with them. For every single mistake they made that I pointed out cost me 20 working days - there were multiple btw. It was frustrating to the point that I stopped pointing out any mistakes if it was something that could be rectified later.

Their process is broken. They will tell you to get to step 4, you need step 1 > 2 > 3 all completed when you know that step 4 is not dependent on previous steps what so ever. Good luck..
diepiggy
Adam_17
diepiggy

When I received my consultation plan, it wasn't shown ceiling height tile in the master ensuite toilet, they told me that I can sign it and change it in CQ appointment, I did this way so no delay in my CQAppointment. Check with your car
Is there a financial cost to you of these admin delays? Rent? Double Mortgage etc?
Kippers01
Is there a financial cost to you of these admin delays? Rent? Double Mortgage etc?

No. Their building period time ticks on the day they start work onsite.
A quick tip - make sure your land is clear of any grass, debris, soil dump, etc before they start or else they will claim the time until they accept the land clearance.
Contaksujeet
Kippers01

A quick tip - make sure your land is clear of any grass, debris, soil dump, etc before they start or else they will claim the time until they accept the land clearance.

just for the building areas, right? I am going to leave some stone and bricks at the back of my property about 15 meters from the building site. is it an issue?
Ok, so if they are loaded with future work they have no incentive to process stuff efficiently. No service levels, promises, or guidelines. I hope they explain this to prospective clients.
Flamingo
Contaksujeet
Kippers01

just for the building areas, right? I am going to leave some stone and bricks at the back of my property about 15 meters from the building site. is it an issue?

No, the entire block. They did not accept even patchy grass to ankle level to give you an idea, I had to hire a guy to run a whipper-snipper through out.
Kippers01
Ok, so if they are loaded with future work they have no incentive to process stuff efficiently. No service levels, promises, or guidelines. I hope they explain this to prospective clients.

I wished the same. It took us almost 6 months from contract signing to onsite start and apparently that was fast from what I was told by some.
No delay costs for me, I'm moving in with inlaws and are months away from having to move. Waiting sucks though!
I saw this post and it peaked my interested. I have site excavation which was delayed to next week due to the rainy weather in Sydney. I got the grass on entire site whipped about 10 days ago but now its starting to grow back again. I would say right now it is below ankle level. Do you think excavators will make a fuss over it?
Samz_Turra
I saw this post and it peaked my interested. I have site excavation which was delayed to next week due to the rainy weather in Sydney. I got the grass on entire site whipped about 10 days ago but now its starting to grow back again. I would say right now it is below ankle level. Do you think excavators will make a fuss over it?

No they shouldn't, I had grass but they were only concerned with the dumped concrete on the block.
Adam_17
Samz_Turra

No they shouldn't, I had grass but they were only concerned with the dumped concrete on the block.

You have got your slab down?
Samz_Turra

If you sent them the site clearance photos and they already accepted it then wont be any problems. They might have sent you site commencement letter ??
Flamingo
Adam_17
Samz_Turra

You have got your slab down?

Yeah I've got a third of the bricks now, hopefully scaffolding comes on Monday so they can continue this week.
Contaksujeet
Samz_Turra

If you sent them the site clearance photos and they already accepted it then wont be any problems. They might have sent you site commencement letter ??

Yes I sent them photos but that was 10 days ago. Due to the rain they pushed back site cut from last week to next week. In the meantime the grass is back.
Anyone currently under-construction and in brick stage? They delivered all the bricks in 2 batches but haven’t started yet since they went on Christmas break. Have noticed the neighbours house also no progress at the same stage so just wondering whats happening??
Contaksujeet
Anyone currently under-construction and in brick stage? They delivered all the bricks in 2 batches but haven’t started yet since they went on Christmas break. Have noticed the neighbours house also no progress at the same stage so just wondering whats happening??

I'm in brick stage. They started on the 14th of January and they're one third complete.
Adam_17
Contaksujeet

I'm in brick stage. They started on the 14th of January and they're one third complete.

OK. Thanks. Hopefully they will start the brickwork soon with my build.
Did anyone had to get an engineer's sign-off any specific construction defects? was it as simple as requesting your site supervisor or you had to escalate to upper management?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum