Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 815 of 828
Oh really? I just assumed we would have to wait. Basic will hopefully be sent through before shut down, so maybe we can go ahead with CQ etc in Jan

Thanks for letting me know!
diepiggy
Oh really? I just assumed we would have to wait. Basic will hopefully be sent through before shut down, so maybe we can go ahead with CQ etc in Jan

Thanks for letting me know!

They say that... My BASIX went in a few times. You need to finalise all your colours for BASIX as that plays a part, ie colour of your roof. If you need developer approval then they will confirm your colours, if they reject something and you need to change the colours then they need to redo the BASIX.
Hi, has anyone questioned about WH builder's margin? I have a few variations/upgrade and the product code is from Reece. When I look up the product, I find that WH charge me much more than the retail (cost more on retail price plus builder's margin). anyone has the same issue?
Flamingo
Hi, has anyone questioned about WH builder's margin? I have a few variations/upgrade and the product code is from Reece. When I look up the product, I find that WH charge me much more than the retail (cost more on retail price plus builder's margin). anyone has the same issue?

Don't even bother... I wasted months arguing with them on everything from toilets and sinks to cladding and I got no where. All I did is waste time and delay the admin stage.

What I did notice is that their prices are fair when upgrading items that are are offered in the other packages. So things like the Axa basins and Mizu tapware are reasonably priced upgrades.
Flamingo

I was told that they have a wholesale deal for standard inclusion items with the supplier for which would have a pretty good margin percentage. Anything non-standard, they would add that margin (plus more I assume) thats how they make more profit.

I know it does not make sense how their pricing could be more expensive than retail price though.
Adam_17
Flamingo

Don't even bother... I wasted months arguing with them on everything from toilets and sinks to cladding and I got no where. All I did is waste time and delay the admin stage.

What I did notice is that their prices are fair when upgrading items that are are offered in the other packages. So things like the Axa basins and Mizu tapware are reasonably priced upgrades.

Ideally, I would like to go through with WH for convenience, they buy their products in bulk with cheaper price plus their builder's margin and pass the saving to consumer, it says on their website. very disappointing with a few items but I still need to go ahead with it as it's not easy to do it after handover.
Contaksujeet
Flamingo

I was told that they have a wholesale deal for standard inclusion items with the supplier for which would have a pretty good margin percentage. Anything non-standard, they would add that margin (plus more I assume) thats how they make more profit.

I know it does not make sense how their pricing could be more expensive than retail price though.

It's not only more expense than retail price, it is more expensive than the retail price plus their builder's margin. incredible. I thought it should be their cost price plus their builder's margin.
Flamingo
Contaksujeet
Flamingo

It's not only more expense than retail price, it is more expensive than the retail price plus their builder's margin. incredible. I thought it should be their cost price plus their builder's margin.

Lots of things wont make sense with admin and you cannot argue with them because they know you dont have another option - you either go with what is quoted or not.. plus the wait time for even a small change/variation (for us it was 20 working days) makes you more frustrated.
Honestly for things like tapware, I would be more inclined to just have them build with the standard, then get a plumber in afterwards and change them over. You can always onsell the default
A tip:

We found there were certain things that we did not have to do with WH but were never told. For example, Aluminium privacy screen in balcony. They charged us over $2K for that, we would have opted out to do it after for much cheaper if we knew.. so be watchful for those items...
Flamingo
Contaksujeet
Flamingo

The only thing I am planning to do after handover is floor covings upstairs and on the stairs and the laundry. Depending on your SS, they may allow you to add additional things like electrical or solar during the build.
Did anyone ask Wisdom homes to install an outdoor kitchen? Any photos? I need to extend approx 30cm concrete floor on the side of alfresco and build a 1.2 m brick wall for the outdoor bbq kitchen. Any advice and cost?
hi guys,
Finished all my CQ appointments. Building a Manhattan 47 with Wisdom in the Hills Area.
Just realized this was snuck in the tender.
The outdoor leisure is 17sqm and so is the rumpus. Looks like they have come up with this arbitrary figure.

I have raised this with my CSR but this whole thing is a big cluster. we are almost at the point of lodging to DA.

Can I get some guidance about this?

This is just a provisional allowance. If you don't upgrade to timber floors or upgrade tiles it won't b e charged in Final Consolidated Contract variations. This cost will be updated after all your flooring quotes come back.
Thanks Sue, I understand the $6K is a provisional allowance. I am talking more about the 11.3 and 11.4 where it’s come up as a charge. Even with 40sq m for both rooms at $35 psm, that charge doesn’t add up.
devkop
Thanks Sue, I understand the $6K is a provisional allowance. I am talking more about the 11.3 and 11.4 where it’s come up as a charge. Even with 40sq m for both rooms at $35 psm, that charge doesn’t add up.

$35 per square is just for the tile, it doesn't include labour. Add $60 per square for labour to be get the full amount.
devkop

Confirm with CQ and your CSR but I think the $950 would be the cost of tiles plus the installation
For the outdoor area this might be the full cost of tiles and install as nothing is included as standard in this area.
Have your tile quotes been sent from DiLorenzo?
Yes they sent the quote and everything in the rumpus and outdoor came up as included due to this charge. I will be questioning this with CQ anyway. Their admin is atrocious and I feel they are hopeless at the best of times. Thanks so much for your reply.
devkop

If you have finished CQ appointment, dilorenzo will send you a quote with breakdown cost, it’s similar to my cost, rumpus $35 is standard for carpet cost, I think the extra it maybe the extra labour cost for laying tiles. I upgraded my rumpus to 600x600 tiles, the labour cost is a lot higher.
I just checked my quote, to lay 600x600 tiles, they charge $97 per sqm plus addition cost for glue and grout.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum