Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 814 of 828
Majestic400
Does anyone receive the following from Wisdom Homes? It seems Wisdom Homes changed their work practice...

"We will now be claiming 20% in lieu of 25% at stage 3. Where we will have completed all wall framing. At Stage 4 we will now claim 25% in lieu of 20% where brickwork and 1st floor roof trusses will be complete."

Yes same for me. I believe they are just doing the roof after the bricks. I've seen a few double story homes both from Wisdom and Masterton that start the bricks before the frames of the roof have been put up.
Adam_17
Contaksujeet
Adam_17
Hey all, I got my frame delivered 24 days after the slab was poured so before the 4-6 week time frame they advised. Hopefully the rest of you have as much luck

Great!! Lucky you. Wondering if your building single or double storey?

I'm building a double. A modified Aspiration 36 that's now a 38.

Ok. All the best with the rest of your construction.
Adam_17
Majestic400
Does anyone receive the following from Wisdom Homes? It seems Wisdom Homes changed their work practice...

"We will now be claiming 20% in lieu of 25% at stage 3. Where we will have completed all wall framing. At Stage 4 we will now claim 25% in lieu of 20% where brickwork and 1st floor roof trusses will be complete."

Yes same for me. I believe they are just doing the roof after the bricks. I've seen a few double story homes both from Wisdom and Masterton that start the bricks before the frames of the roof have been put up.

Yes, they will put up roof after claim frame stage payment, this caused a bit issue with my bank. You probably check with your bank first to check if it will be ok.
Flamingo
Adam_17
Majestic400

Yes, they will put up roof after claim frame stage payment, this caused a bit issue with my bank. You probably check with your bank first to check if it will be ok.

Thanks. Does it affect to the quality of construction? as the bricks are going to be exposed without any cover.
Thanks. Does it affect to the quality of construction? as the bricks are going to be exposed without any cover.[/quote]

I asked them, and they told me something to do with Health and Safety, they will put scaffolding after brick works and finish the roofing. I don’t know about the quality but the valuer stated this as front loaded payment or something similar. They claim 70% of the contract price and the house is not even at lock up stage.
This might be a dumb question, but here goes. At what point do we get told 'this is your final price'

Going through our contract now, there seems to be quite a few places where we may have added costs. Eg BASIX and traffic control.

Has anyone been hit with major additional expense after going through cq? We currently have a contract price of roughly 580k, about 50k in PAs for CQ, around another 60k for driveway and basic landscaping (after handover) and 25-30k for site demo. Grand total of roughly $730k which is on target for our estimate of 700-750.

Also once building starts, how likely are we to get additional expenses? Or is this 'contract price' continually fluid until we pay the settlement?
Anyone?
diepiggy
This might be a dumb question, but here goes. At what point do we get told 'this is your final price'

Going through our contract now, there seems to be quite a few places where we may have added costs. Eg BASIX and traffic control.

Has anyone been hit with major additional expense after going through cq? We currently have a contract price of roughly 580k, about 50k in PAs for CQ, around another 60k for driveway and basic landscaping (after handover) and 25-30k for site demo. Grand total of roughly $730k which is on target for our estimate of 700-750.

Also once building starts, how likely are we to get additional expenses? Or is this 'contract price' continually fluid until we pay the settlement?

Final will be just before you move to construction. They will give you an amended contract to sign.

You could have large expenses at CQ but that all depends what you want. It's easy to spend money on the kitchen, flooring and electrical.

I also got hit with BASIX and had to upgrade all my windows, insulation and water tank.
[quote defaultattr=""]I also got hit with BASIX and had to upgrade all my windows, insulation and water tank.[/quote]
How badly mate?
diepiggy
[quote defaultattr=""]I also got hit with BASIX and had to upgrade all my windows, insulation and water tank.

How badly mate?[/quote]
That was about $15k
Ok, so not great, but not terrible. We have a 2 year old solar system which we will be reusing, shame they won't let us include it in our BASIX checks
Contracts signed and 5% deposit paid
Does anyone knows what windows does wisdom use? I know it is Trend, but what range do they have, I just saw their website they have synergy, quantum etc. do you know?
Flamingo
Does anyone knows what windows does wisdom use? I know it is Trend, but what range do they have, I just saw their website they have synergy, quantum etc. do you know?

This is our Windows and Door Schedule from the plan if it helps you. They dont specify whether its synergy, quantum or something else but yes they are Trend brand and you are allowed to upgrade to any style, for eg. we upgraded our W7, W8 and W3
They use Synergy which is the residential range. Quantum is semi-commercial (thicker frames). You can upgrade anything you like. Generally Quantum is 40% more but its not that bad. From a $450 window it could be $630. If you do all of them it can add up but if you target certain windows/doors its not too bad. Stacker door upgrades arent that much more either. You can call Trend for pricing but they custom make every window so they wont have standard pricing. They have to give you specific quotes for each window. This is why Wisdom cant give you pricing for Quantum without asking specifically which windows you want to upgrade and then it will take them some time to get back to you.
thanks, I only think to upgrade the sliding door X 3, when I was at CQ centre, they have a disply for Trend Quantum sliding door, the quality is good - heavy & strong, the sliding door in their disply homes are thick and weak. I will contact them.
Flamingo
thanks, I only think to upgrade the sliding door X 3, when I was at CQ centre, they have a disply for Trend Quantum sliding door, the quality is good - heavy & strong, the sliding door in their disply homes are thick and weak. I will contact them.

I thought you had to decide at tender as it's structural. Not 100% sure though.
jagberg
Flamingo

I thought you had to decide at tender as it's structural. Not 100% sure though.

If this is the case I just leave it as it is. I thought this is part of CQ.
Went through contract signing a couple of weeks ago, and received our consultation plans on Thursday.

Everything seems good, except wisdom missed a height change on one of my garage doors (double door, single, and a drive through) to 2400mm.

I also noticed that the laundry sliding door to the exterior of the home was 2100mm high, even though we have the Signature package with the higher ceilings and doors. Every other door on the floor is 2340.

Because of these two changes, we now have a 20 business day delay, meaning we will be lucky to be able to proceed before the end of January now... Grumble grumble
diepiggy
Went through contract signing a couple of weeks ago, and received our consultation plans on Thursday.

Everything seems good, except wisdom missed a height change on one of my garage doors (double door, single, and a drive through) to 2400mm.

I also noticed that the laundry sliding door to the exterior of the home was 2100mm high, even though we have the Signature package with the higher ceilings and doors. Every other door on the floor is 2340.

Because of these two changes, we now have a 20 business day delay, meaning we will be lucky to be able to proceed before the end of January now... Grumble grumble

Can't you still book your CQ appointments? The final plans are only done as a last step (after BASIX, Kitchen drawings, etc are done) which will most likely take another 6-8 months
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum