Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 812 of 828
Anyone?
diepiggy
Anyone?

If you want to purchase your own appliances you will need to provision for them in your electrical appointment. If you can get it cheaper you should install and also that way for any warranty purposes you go direct rather than WH

Your appliances if you go through WH won’t get installed till after handover so it’s same same in that regards

Also Winnings owns Appliances Online

Hope that helps
diepiggy
Oh another question. We will be getting a wall oven and cooktop. While they are available on the Winning Electical website, they are about 30% more expensive then I can get them from Appliances Online. Will the kitchen/electrical team provision for the appliances for us to supply and install after handover? or is it not worth the hassle? I would be saving about $900 including installation if I bought seperately

I found that Wisdom added around 30% on top of the price that winning appliances had even though winning appliances was already the most expensive. They tried to claim the extra costs were for the additional power I required for swapping out the gas cooktop to a induction. I would have saved about $1000 doing it myself, but then I risked if the model of the stove and oven was discontinued and I replaced with a different size then the kitchen company would charge $1000 for updating their drawings.

You also need to pay for someone to come out and install the appliance's unless you know how to do it yourself.

I did remove the dishwasher which they credited around $650.
I could Def install myself, but not legally. Appliances online do installs for about 200 each. I'll see if I can buy from them and delay delivery/install.

Awesome. Thanks for the help.

Do you guys think June July is realistic for slab?
diepiggy
I could Def install myself, but not legally. Appliances online do installs for about 200 each. I'll see if I can buy from them and delay delivery/install.

CQ is ridiculously slow. We took just over 9 months from signing to construction.

If you want it to go faster then try keep your changes to a minimum. At CQ ask for prices on multiple items rather than just the one, ie get prices on more than one tap for example, becuase if they hit you with a ridiculous price then asking for a price on another will take another 3-4 weeks.

Also try and get your external colours confirmed with CQ quickly so you can apply to council quicker.
Makes sense, thanks!
Adam_17
diepiggy

CQ is ridiculously slow. We took just over 9 months from signing to construction.

If you want it to go faster then try keep your changes to a minimum. At CQ ask for prices on multiple items rather than just the one, ie get prices on more than one tap for example, becuase if they hit you with a ridiculous price then asking for a price on another will take another 3-4 weeks.

Also try and get your external colours confirmed with CQ quickly so you can apply to council quicker.

Hi, I am also building with Wisdom. They put the slab down but telling me there is a delay for timber frames at least 8 weeks. Just checking if you are in the similar situation how far has your build progressed, any issues or tips?
Contaksujeet
Adam_17
diepiggy

Hi, I am also building with Wisdom. They put the slab down but telling me there is a delay for timber frames at least 8 weeks. Just checking if you are in the similar situation how far has your build progressed, any issues or tips?

Yeah same situation. Slab poured on Tuesday and the supervisor told me yesterday there is a 4-6 week delay and that some areas of Sydney have 8 weeks. I'll find out during the week the delivery date
If there is that much of a delay with frames, why the heck aren't they advising people to wait on knocking down? Or are they expecting to make the time up in the build? 2 months extra with the inlaws will drive me bonkers! 🤣
diepiggy
If there is that much of a delay with frames, why the heck aren't they advising people to wait on knocking down? Or are they expecting to make the time up in the build? 2 months extra with the inlaws will drive me bonkers!

They dont want to lose the contract, I guess by telling this upfront. I asked specifically if there was any delays, etc and they were like oh no, dont worry, we pre-order everything so wont be a problem, blah blah.. but you only see their true color after signing the contract.

Good luck with the in-laws!!
Contaksujeet
diepiggy
If there is that much of a delay with frames, why the heck aren't they advising people to wait on knocking down? Or are they expecting to make the time up in the build? 2 months extra with the inlaws will drive me bonkers!

They dont want to lose the contract, I guess by telling this upfront. I asked specifically if there was any delays, etc and they were like oh no, dont worry, we pre-order everything so wont be a problem, blah blah.. but you only see their true color after signing the contract.

Well I'm at least 6 months away from slab, so should be safe, but I am going to straight out ask about frame delays in my tender next week and see what they say. I'll report back
diepiggy
Contaksujeet
diepiggy

Well I'm at least 6 months away from slab, so should be safe, but I am going to straight out ask about frame delays in my tender next week and see what they say. I'll report back

Ok. Hopefully, the supply backlog will clear by then. Good luck.
Kanata
Flamingo
Hi, has anyone taken WH's Double Glazed windows offer? and what is your experience? it's not much information from their broacher just stating exclude wet area and sliding/stacker doors. I have changed a window size - just like most of you to upgrade to 4 panels fixed window in rumpus. therefore, they are not covered, it makes sense as it's a large window size2348, but what about for the glass in the door? e.g big glass door to access to balcony, it's not a sliding door just a hinged door, what about kitchen and Pantry fixed window, are they deemed as wet area or living area. if they exclude all of above, this double glazed offer only covers about 12 windows and most of them are small windows (size 0624), does it worth it $5000? thanks.

Hi Flamingo. I took the Double Glazing window offer, and from what I can tell it was well worth it. The only windows that are not included are the wet areas (bathrooms/powder rooms) and the stacker doors. From my experience, all other windows, including any windows you add to your design outside of the wet areas will also be double glazed. I added a behind the bench window to my butlers pantry to match the one in the kitchen and it was also double glazed.
Most importantly, contrary to Adam_17's post, it NOT simply Low-e comfort glass. It is true double glazing with each window having a double pane of glass with a space in between.

Hi Kanata, first time poster. We've included the $5k double glazed windows promo in our tender but we've discovered they've now charged us more for each individual window than in our previous tender. This is on top of the $5k. Was this also the same for you?
CJ_Washington
Kanata
Flamingo
Hi, has anyone taken WH's Double Glazed windows offer? and what is your experience? it's not much information from their broacher just stating exclude wet area and sliding/stacker doors. I have changed a window size - just like most of you to upgrade to 4 panels fixed window in rumpus. therefore, they are not covered, it makes sense as it's a large window size2348, but what about for the glass in the door? e.g big glass door to access to balcony, it's not a sliding door just a hinged door, what about kitchen and Pantry fixed window, are they deemed as wet area or living area. if they exclude all of above, this double glazed offer only covers about 12 windows and most of them are small windows (size 0624), does it worth it $5000? thanks.

Hi Flamingo. I took the Double Glazing window offer, and from what I can tell it was well worth it. The only windows that are not included are the wet areas (bathrooms/powder rooms) and the stacker doors. From my experience, all other windows, including any windows you add to your design outside of the wet areas will also be double glazed. I added a behind the bench window to my butlers pantry to match the one in the kitchen and it was also double glazed.
Most importantly, contrary to Adam_17's post, it NOT simply Low-e comfort glass. It is true double glazing with each window having a double pane of glass with a space in between.

Hi Kanata, first time poster. We've included the $5k double glazed windows promo in our tender but we've discovered they've now charged us more for each individual window than in our previous tender. This is on top of the $5k. Was this also the same for you?

Hi CJ_Washington, welcome to the forum, if you have changed/uprade your window, they will add additional for double glaze. Have you added any windows to your plan? if you did, they would add double glazed window cost on top. the $5k offer only covers to the standard windows shown on your plan. I hope this answers your question. I have upgraded all windows to double glazed window except windows in the bathrooms, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Kevin
Anyone have the current price list for the Manhattan + add ons and feel genourous enough to message it through?
MR2
Anyone have the current price list for the Manhattan + add ons and feel genourous enough to message it through?

If you email Wisdom they'll send you out the price list for the house, upgrade packages and facades.
CJ_Washington
Kanata
Flamingo

Are you referring to windows that I added to the design? I was of course charged for the one extra window I added but there was no additional itemized cost to make it double glazed. This could have been worked into the cost that I paid to add the window, but I wouldn't know as I didn't ask the question.
Kanata
CJ_Washington
Kanata

Are you referring to windows that I added to the design? I was of course charged for the one extra window I added but there was no additional itemized cost to make it double glazed. This could have been worked into the cost that I paid to add the window, but I wouldn't know as I didn't ask the question.

Hi Kanata, in my tender #1, I added two windows and in my tender #2, I added double glaze promotion offer then I noticed that the added windows price increased.
Hey guys, Wisdom did acknowlege that there may be a delay due to frame delays, however they still gave me a 40 week build time. I have this in an email chain.

If the build goes over due to delays, I should be OK to ask for damages (at $40 a day) yeah?
diepiggy
Hey guys, Wisdom did acknowlege that there may be a delay due to frame delays, however they still gave me a 40 week build time. I have this in an email chain.

If the build goes over due to delays, I should be OK to ask for damages (at $40 a day) yeah?

I believe the delay is on them, they still need to meet the time frame started in the contract.

I've been given a 4-6 week timeframe for frame delivery.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum