Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 810 of 828
Flamingo
Adam_17
Flamingo
Hi Adam, how is everything going? has your build started yet? or still at admin stage?

Still in admin... 8 months and counting.

I asked neighbour around the corner who is building with wisdom how long their admin stage took and they said 11 months... I'm getting close to the end so I guess I should consider myself lucky!

Good to hear. I have not had my CQ appointment yet, with current Covid lock down in NSW, how are they going to do it? they mentioned something like Zoom Meeting, but I don't think it's a good idea to do with all colors and style. how did you do with yours?

Am having my tender appointment over Zoom next week. Just curious how it will go. I assume tender appointment to some extent is ok, but looks like for CQ ideal would be to go there
Flamingo
Adam_17
Flamingo
Hi Adam, how is everything going? has your build started yet? or still at admin stage?

Still in admin... 8 months and counting.

I asked neighbour around the corner who is building with wisdom how long their admin stage took and they said 11 months... I'm getting close to the end so I guess I should consider myself lucky!

Good to hear. I have not had my CQ appointment yet, with current Covid lock down in NSW, how are they going to do it? they mentioned something like Zoom Meeting, but I don't think it's a good idea to do with all colors and style. how did you do with yours?

Mine were all done whilst restrictions were low.

The selections CQ manage would have to be in person, you can't pick colours over a video call. Aircon, alarm, electrical could be done over a call.

If you're planning on upgrading the kitchen I suggest requesting to go directly to Tempelle. Their studio is much better and they obviously know a lot more about kitchens than wisdom.
Venkata
Am having my tender appointment over Zoom next week. Just curious how it will go. I assume tender appointment to some extent is ok, but looks like for CQ ideal would be to go there

Tender is fine as they will send your plan and tender for you to review then it's pretty much Q&A session. I have no problems with that. When it comes down to the colors and materials, I prefer to see in front of it and compare etc.
Make sure they provide you with a copy of their contract template to review carefully, before you get the real thing.
Kippers01
Make sure they provide you with a copy of their contract template to review carefully, before you get the real thing.

They sent a copy a few months ago, few things don’t like but I cannot do anything. It’s like banks T&C booklet, you cannot change anything even you don’t like it.

I remember liquid damage it’s $30 per day along with a few other things, this type of contract is purely designed to protect them.
Anything in it that restricts you from posting in social media forums?
Hi, has anyone taken WH's Double Glazed windows offer? and what is your experience? it's not much information from their broacher just stating exclude wet area and sliding/stacker doors. I have changed a window size - just like most of you to upgrade to 4 panels fixed window in rumpus. therefore, they are not covered, it makes sense as it's a large window size2348, but what about for the glass in the door? e.g big glass door to access to balcony, it's not a sliding door just a hinged door, what about kitchen and Pantry fixed window, are they deemed as wet area or living area. if they exclude all of above, this double glazed offer only covers about 12 windows and most of them are small windows (size 0624), does it worth it $5000? thanks.
Hi Flamingo, its low-e Comfort Plus glass that they use part of the promotion. Part of BASIX I had to upgrade to Lightbridge Double Glazing so I couldn't take up the offer.

I would say, just take the offer now and you can always remove it later. If you don't take the offer now, you can't ask for it after you sign the contract.
Adam_17
Hi Flamingo, its low-e Comfort Plus glass that they use part of the promotion. Part of BASIX I had to upgrade to Lightbridge Double Glazing so I couldn't take up the offer.

I would say, just take the offer now and you can always remove it later. If you don't take the offer now, you can't ask for it after you sign the contract.

Thanks Adam, good advice, will keep it on and decide it later.
kiffoke
Hi Everyone, long time lurker on the thread here and very grateful for the time taken by everyone to update their posts and provide info on the process and particularly the frustrations.

We're doing a knock down rebuild of a Manhattan 36 in Matraville and have been elated and frustrated at times. We've spent about 4 months in admin since our tender presentation and have only recently submitted to council for our DA. Hopefully we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but it's been a long and sometimes frustrating road. The CQ team have been amazing, especially Belinda.

In advance of our approval, our CS has suggested that we start looking for demolition quotes and I wanted to reach out to see what people's experiences have been in the admittedly niche area.

Wisdom recommend Site Demolitions, and I will be following up with them, but did anyone have other recommendations and particularly things to watch out for? Thanks in advance

Looks like it is Site Demolition strategy to charge extra $4k when demo is in full swing in the name of "additional asbestos found" they will send you pics from different angle to show few scattered materials which may or may not be asbestos. They will tell you it needs to be emu picked (which is utterly unbelievable).also be carefully to give any tree removal contracts they have this tree removalist AKA "Charlie" who is invisible.Make sure its actually done by removalist not knocked up by machine.
AJ C
kiffoke
Hi Everyone, long time lurker on the thread here and very grateful for the time taken by everyone to update their posts and provide info on the process and particularly the frustrations.

We're doing a knock down rebuild of a Manhattan 36 in Matraville and have been elated and frustrated at times. We've spent about 4 months in admin since our tender presentation and have only recently submitted to council for our DA. Hopefully we can see some light at the end of the tunnel, but it's been a long and sometimes frustrating road. The CQ team have been amazing, especially Belinda.

In advance of our approval, our CS has suggested that we start looking for demolition quotes and I wanted to reach out to see what people's experiences have been in the admittedly niche area.

Wisdom recommend Site Demolitions, and I will be following up with them, but did anyone have other recommendations and particularly things to watch out for? Thanks in advance

Looks like it is Site Demolition strategy to charge extra $4k when demo is in full swing in the name of "additional asbestos found" they will send you pics from different angle to show few scattered materials which may or may not be asbestos. They will tell you it needs to be emu picked (which is utterly unbelievable).also be carefully to give any tree removal contracts they have this tree removalist AKA "Charlie" who is invisible.Make sure its actually done by removalist not knocked up by machine.

We had this happen with the trees too. We had a time lapse camera set up on the back fence and saw that the "tree removalist" that we paid for was just the bulldozer! My friend also had problems with Site demolition and asbestos.
We are midway through our build of a Manhattan 34 (also a KDR). Best of luck with your DA and your build.
Did you use a demo company recommended by Wisdom?

SuzK
AJ C
kiffoke

We had this happen with the trees too. We had a time lapse camera set up on the back fence and saw that the "tree removalist" that we paid for was just the bulldozer! My friend also had problems with Site demolition and asbestos.
We are midway through our build of a Manhattan 34 (also a KDR). Best of luck with your DA and your build.
AJ C
kiffoke

They came to my property a couple of weeks ago, their quote is similar to the other quote I have got, but I am worrying about this asbestos things, does it worth to pay $1800 to fix the price? Any experience.
There's lots of cautionary information about this topic available. To learn more about how many unsuspecting KDR demolition customers are smoothly played, search demolition confidence trick or emu pick in this forum.
How many times was traffic controlled called for you guys?

We've had them called for our build at least 6 times already, and the frame isn't even up. At $1.5k each time this is really adding up..

We've had them called for our build at least 6 times already, and the frame isn't even up. At $1.5k each time this is really adding up..

Are you on a main road?
jagberg

Are you on a main road?

Not small but not a main road either
Also, is anyone else experiencing material shortages...
Flamingo
Hi, has anyone taken WH's Double Glazed windows offer? and what is your experience? it's not much information from their broacher just stating exclude wet area and sliding/stacker doors. I have changed a window size - just like most of you to upgrade to 4 panels fixed window in rumpus. therefore, they are not covered, it makes sense as it's a large window size2348, but what about for the glass in the door? e.g big glass door to access to balcony, it's not a sliding door just a hinged door, what about kitchen and Pantry fixed window, are they deemed as wet area or living area. if they exclude all of above, this double glazed offer only covers about 12 windows and most of them are small windows (size 0624), does it worth it $5000? thanks.

Hi Flamingo. I took the Double Glazing window offer, and from what I can tell it was well worth it. The only windows that are not included are the wet areas (bathrooms/powder rooms) and the stacker doors. From my experience, all other windows, including any windows you add to your design outside of the wet areas will also be double glazed. I added a behind the bench window to my butlers pantry to match the one in the kitchen and it was also double glazed.
Most importantly, contrary to Adam_17's post, it NOT simply Low-e comfort glass. It is true double glazing with each window having a double pane of glass with a space in between.
Hi There,
Just to add my experience. I have taken the offer and I can tell it is well worth it. Firstly insulation is the winner, noise and temperature are excellent and you will notice the difference. Bathroom glazed windows are not included and you will notice the difference. In sum, I recommend you to take the offer as to achieve that later on involve a huge cost.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum