Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 803 of 828
malypetu
JasmanC
malypetu
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know, if we have to do a pest control before we move in?. The contract includes a clause that indicate we have to make pest control each year to avoid warranty issues. If so when do you do it before hand over (when house is empty) or after move in?
Cheers

I would be interested to know too, however every time I have moved house I have always had pest control in before I have even moved furniture in, I hate bugs

Yeah I thought so too. I'm also under the assumption the pest control should be done inside and outside, right? Any recommendations on this?

Just a side note. We are approaching the PCI (Practical Completion Inspection), I've found this site https://anewhouse.com.au/ where it provide a good document ($4) with recommendations to carry out the PCI and thoroughly check the construction. In my case I have Houspect to do the inspection but for anybody doing it on their own, this will give you lots of good advice.

I have always had both inside and outside done and always used someone local to do the job as they have a better understanding of the area and what I should look out for
Has anyone added built in wardrobes to their build?

Id like to compare a couple of things.

[quote="GLO":2sy7ya3z]Has anyone added built in wardrobes to their build?

Id like to compare a couple of things.[/quote:2sy7ya3z]

Misread that. Can’t figure out how to delete so editing it.
Thanks,

What i am looking for is:
How your built in Wardrobe is shown on your plan?
And how it is 'written into the contract"
Has anyone recently completed their post handover maintenance period with Wisdom? How was your experience?
We had a good experience with maintenance supervisor and am waiting for the follow up repairs. Are you going through the repairs now?
Hi Guys,
We are almost there with construction. However, I need to make preparations for the arrival, among them is phone and internet connection.
I've just wanted to ask if anybody knows how the NBN to premises gets connected to the new build. Is that something Wisdom does?
The waiting period for the black box installation (NBN network connection termination or something like that), is almost two months, then and only then you can get TELSTRA, TPG or any other vendor to provide you with an internet connection.
The reason given for the long wait for NBN black box connection is due to Global equipment shortage (https://www.nbnco.com.au/utility/delays ... fc-network)
Can anybody share their experience on the subject.

Cheers
Hi ,

So I'm wondering if anyone has done a partial OC and what were the requirements were to obtain this

Bank wont bank final payment until I receive this, I rang council but they can't tell me because the inspections are done through SBAC
I rang SBAC and they can't tell me because its up to the certifier on the day they do the inspection

I'm not getting driveway or fencing etc done through Wisdom so If I need these items I really need to do a driveway application soon and get it done before PCI so final payment can be made , we also need stairs to the laundry and am thinking this might be a safety requirement to obtain partial OC

Any help is appreciated
[quote="JasmanC"]Hi ,

So I'm wondering if anyone has done a partial OC and what were the requirements were to obtain this

Bank wont bank final payment until I receive this, I rang council but they can't tell me because the inspections are done through SBAC
I rang SBAC and they can't tell me because its up to the certifier on the day they do the inspection

I'm not getting driveway or fencing etc done through Wisdom so If I need these items I really need to do a driveway application soon and get it done before PCI so final payment can be made , we also need stairs to the laundry and am thinking this might be a safety requirement to obtain partial OC

Any help is appreciated. [quote]

We had an interim OC. Ryde council. No driveway needed but pool safety items and proper gates and fence heights had to be in place for obvious reasons.
Stairs to front and laundry may depend on the drop off as safety issue.
Privacy screen for neighbours will likely be needed but can be temporary, with permanent one needed for final OC.
That was our experience anyway.
Stukip
JasmanC
Hi ,

Any help is appreciated.
Quote:

We had an interim OC. Ryde council. No driveway needed but pool safety items and proper gates and fence heights had to be in place for obvious reasons.
Privacy screen for neighbours will likely be needed but can be temporary, with permanent one needed for final OC.

Thank you, we don't have a pool, i think the drop at the laundry door is approx 500 as two steps are required , if its a single story would i still need privacy screens?
Stukip
JasmanC
Hi ,

Any help is appreciated.
Quote:

We are with Ryde council and the interim OC requirement includes the driveway. Did Wisdom landscape do your driveway?
JasmanC
Hi ,

Any help is appreciated

Have a look at your practical completion letter. Mine says "At settlement, you will be supplied with either an Interim or Final occupation certificate issued by SBAC". Check with your bank if Interim OC is sufficient for final payment. I suspect it would be.
We did driveway ourselves independently. Wasn't required for interim OC for us. Completion June 2020, moved in July 2020. We did do the driveway before we moved in though to avoid mud etc.
Stukip
We did driveway ourselves independently. Wasn't required for interim OC for us. Completion June 2020, moved in July 2020. We did do the driveway before we moved in though to avoid mud etc.

Can anybody explain how the final stage occur, this is to calculate the date when you can move in, finish the rental (4 weeks notice) contract.
We are about to complete our project and I've being told that after PCI (Practical completion Inspection) it takes two to three weeks to handover.
What is happening during those weeks? What makes the handover date so unpredictable?
We already completed driveway, landscape almost done, only turf layoff remains. Inside all nearly done, flooring, bedrooms, etc
I can't really tell when I can schedule the removalist. I can't really tell when I can terminate the rental contract (big expense)

Any help will be really apreciated.
malypetu
Stukip

Can anybody explain how the final stage occur, this is to calculate the date when you can move in, finish the rental (4 weeks notice) contract.
We are about to complete our project and I've being told that after PCI (Practical completion Inspection) it takes two to three weeks to handover.
What is happening during those weeks? What makes the handover date so unpredictable?
We already completed driveway, landscape almost done, only turf layoff remains. Inside all nearly done, flooring, bedrooms, etc
I can't really tell when I can schedule the removalist. I can't really tell when I can terminate the rental contract (big expense)

Any help will be really apreciated.

From PCI to handover is the time they use to fix up anything you have called out. We worked with the SS and said it’s ok for tradies to contact us after handover when they need to come in or anything still outstanding so we got the keys at handover which was 2 weeks from PCI.
jayasooriah
JasmanC
Hi ,

Any help is appreciated

Have a look at your practical completion letter. Mine says "At settlement, you will be supplied with either an Interim or Final occupation certificate issued by SBAC". Check with your bank if Interim OC is sufficient for final payment. I suspect it would be.

When i spoke to my bank this morning she said a partial OC will be accepted they just want a copy of that to release final payment
Based on the contract the house cannot be considered practically complete without at least an interim occupancy certificate issued or, at a minimum, the evidence the builder has the necessary supporting documents for it. Don’t sign the practical completion form without seeing evidence of this.
Kippers01
Based on the contract the house cannot be considered practically complete without at least an interim occupancy certificate issued. Don’t sign the practical completion form without seeing evidence of this document’s existence.

Hi Kippers, I think so too. However I am not sure chapter and verse in the contract that I can cite to enforce this. In my case I was handed keys in December but interim occupancy certificate could not be issued until February.
The contract, the HIA and NSW Home Building Act define practical completion as "when the work is completed except for any omissions or defects that do not prevent the work from being reasonably capable of being used for its intended purpose". It is illegal to occupy a building without at least an interim occupancy certificate as well as being a significant safety, CDC / DA compliance, insurance cover and financial risk etc. Practical completion is not achieved nor claimable without this document issued. If practical completion is claimed by a builder without appropriate proof of this certificate, or the supporting documents for it, being issued the owner should reject this claim in writing immediately. This practice is in breach of the contract and is illegal under the NSW Home Building Act.
Kippers01
Based on the contract the house cannot be considered practically complete without at least an interim occupancy certificate issued. Don’t sign the practical completion form without seeing evidence of this document’s existence.

Yes I actually read the new guidelines which they now call partial OC or whole OC and for house and land packages the partial OC has to be issued 14 days before PCI problem is no one can actually tell me what I need to get a partial OC , and it would be good if I could at least know if I need a driveway or do I need the stairs to the laundry or a clothesline, letterbox etc

certifier can't even tell me any of that I just got told that every build is different, so that tells me there's no set check list to actually obtain to pre plan what i need to do once the house is complete

If I don't know what's required it will delay final payment to Wisdom because the bank will not release funds until I have that certificate
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum