Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 802 of 828
Ambassador36
Hi everyone, we are only a couple of weeks from PCI and I was wondering how long each of you waiting from PCI to your handover and how many issues were found and were they solved before you moved in.

10 days between PCI date and Handover date. No, not all issues were fixed, in fact barely half were done but we were ok to get them fixed in the following weeks.
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to chime in for those interested in mechanical ventilation in Australia... The concept of ventilation and whole-house air filtration is quite new here...

I found this good site which goes through many aspects of ventilation for Australia: https://www.healthyhomeventilation.com.au/
Hi.Has anyone went with Austral Bricks - Metallix range or PGH - Urban Blue?If yes, how much was the upgrade?
Majestic400
JasmanC
Majestic400
We paid the deposit in January 2020 but now we are still waiting for the plans to be submitted for DA approval after 7 months...is this normal? I feel Wisdom Homes do not have enough people to work on the projects.

Were there issues with the plans that have caused the delay? Are you building on vacant land?

Mine was pretty straight forward but I am building on vacant land
land registered 28th May, Our plans were submitted to council on the 18th of this month
and this was because I got stuck at the waterboard for 3 weeks

We are doing a knockdown and rebuild. I do not think there were many issues, we know exactly what we want and requested them at very early stage, but the plans were just not updated in timely manner and the project possibly was not being touched for a few months. We did have to make a few external changes after the tender was accepted, but I do not think that was all our fault. I looked at Wisdom Homes reviews on internet, I think they have a reputation of being slow in general...w

We are on path to KDR, great to join this platform we can educate our self and share experience ask for help if needed.
JUST A DAILY PAIN DEALING WITH WISDOM BUILD. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Dealing with Wisdom is a daily pain. They make errors and continue to progress without correcting. It is a daily pain dealing with them, I suggest people to choose wisely before going ahead on the shinny name.
Seasons
Dealing with Wisdom is a daily pain. They make errors and continue to progress without correcting. It is a daily pain dealing with them, I suggest people to choose wisely before going ahead on the shinny name.

What issues did you have? Was it with Admin or at Site?
JasmanC
Seasons

Unfortunately, It has been all over.

Admin stage was how much they can make money out of me. Error after error in plans and to get them corrected was a pain. ALL DETAILS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. they will make mistake and its upto you to pick-up.

Build - again a nightmare. I have a building inspector checking house and have shared with wisdom issues, which are never actioned or reverted back. You can visibily see issues but its a pain to get it resolved.

I wish have not done this build journey.
Hi, sorry to hijack does anyone know where we choose carpets from? Trying to do all my homework before going to internals
debdeb
Hi, sorry to hijack does anyone know where we choose carpets from? Trying to do all my homework before going to internals

Same place as tiles - Delorenzo
Seasons
JasmanC
Seasons

Unfortunately, It has been all over.

Admin stage was how much they can make money out of me. Error after error in plans and to get them corrected was a pain. ALL DETAILS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. they will make mistake and its upto you to pick-up.

Build - again a nightmare. I have a building inspector checking house and have shared with wisdom issues, which are never actioned or reverted back. You can visibily see issues but its a pain to get it resolved.

I wish have not done this build journey.

That's a shame, We haven't really had any issues in admin , we just went to site last week, now have a fence up, got a call from our SS yesterday, rain has held us back this week from moving forward... its still early stages yet but hopefully it goes as smooth as admin ... I guess if your not getting the responses you want it's best to escalate the issue
Does anyone have any experience with windows in an upper floor lounge on the side elevation of the house? For some reason we have been told the sill height of these windows should be 1.5 metres. The original plans have these windows as 1.2 meters tall, but this change results in them being only 600mm tall.
Is anyone familiar with building code that would have required this change?

Building Inpiration 32
Inspiration32
Does anyone have any experience with windows in an upper floor lounge on the side elevation of the house? For some reason we have been told the sill height of these windows should be 1.5 metres. The original plans have these windows as 1.2 meters tall, but this change results in them being only 600mm tall.

Building Inpiration 32
I think you’ll find that’s a council planning requirement where there is an overlook the window must be 1.5 or a privacy screen is required...

Chompy
Inspiration32

Building Inpiration 32
I think you’ll find that’s a council planning requirement where there is an overlook the window must be 1.5 or a privacy screen is required...

Indeed it is. Thanks for the reply. I've finally located the clause that states this requirement.
See below the image of the alfresco concrete slab and brickwork. The gap between the brick and the slab is 45mm and the top of the brick sits approx. 35mm higher than the slab.
Just wondering if this is consistent with other builds? I am planning to tile the alfresco so to me this seems problematic. Keen for your thoughts.

MANHATTAN1
See below the image of the alfresco concrete slab and brickwork. The gap between the brick and the slab is 45mm and the top of the brick sits approx. 35mm higher than the slab.
Just wondering if this is consistent with other builds? I am planning to tile the alfresco so to me this seems problematic. Keen for your thoughts.

That’s consistent to the build. We put tiles in the alfresco and it works out. What type of flooring will you use?
Ok thanks we have confirmed the same today with SS who has been very helpful with a solution- we are planning to screed and use travertine.
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know, if we have to do a pest control before we move in?. The contract includes a clause that indicate we have to make pest control each year to avoid warranty issues. If so when do you do it before hand over (when house is empty) or after move in?
Cheers
malypetu
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know, if we have to do a pest control before we move in?. The contract includes a clause that indicate we have to make pest control each year to avoid warranty issues. If so when do you do it before hand over (when house is empty) or after move in?
Cheers

I would be interested to know too, however every time I have moved house I have always had pest control in before I have even moved furniture in, I hate bugs
JasmanC
malypetu
Hi Everyone,
Cheers

I would be interested to know too, however every time I have moved house I have always had pest control in before I have even moved furniture in, I hate bugs

Yeah I thought so too. I'm also under the assumption the pest control should be done inside and outside, right? Any recommendations on this?

Just a side note. We are approaching the PCI (Practical Completion Inspection), I've found this site https://anewhouse.com.au/ where it provide a good document ($4) with recommendations to carry out the PCI and thoroughly check the construction. In my case I have Houspect to do the inspection but for anybody doing it on their own, this will give you lots of good advice.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum