Need some advice, our tender runs out on the 25th of August, 11 weeks to go
I asked the question on whether we would see a start date before due date
its 3k to extend tender for 6 months
Our land is now registered and ready to go, loan approved, ready for settlement this month
I was advised that it takes 4-6 weeks for CDC , our Salesman told me CDC normally takes two weeks
if we have 11 weeks before tender expiry , One would assume we would get a start before this time since its in a new estate
To be honest 3k is not small change for us and I'm weighing up the options, having to wait 13yrs for home ownership every step we take next needs to be a crucial one. I was advised it would be in my best interest to sign for an extension so it partially tells me it will be a longer wait before we see a start date, I should be over the moon about it all but I'm extremely anxious about additional costs
would like to know if anyone else has been in this situation and what was the result? If I do it by the month how much would it be per month?
Can PM me if you don't want to post here
Thanks In advance
This is our timeline so far.. Hope it helps
First Visit : 16-Jan-2019
To and fro with quotes while waiting for land.
Register(with $1500) : 19-May-2019
Tender Presentation : 09-Jul-2019
Tender Acceptance : 16-Jul-2019
Tender Acceptance Fee($5000): 17-Jul-2019
Contract Signed : 09-Aug-2019
5% of 1st Progress Pmt : 13-Aug-2019
Selections : 23-Aug & 28-Aug
Fixing the errors, couple of changes.. drafting team took forever here, before applying for DA.
DA application. : 07-Nov-2020
DA Approval : 03-Dec-2019
Draft CCV (with errors) : 06-Dec-2019
Draft CCV : 11-Dec-2019
Final CCV : 31-Jan-2020
Remaining 5% : 06-Feb-2020 (after to and fro between bank and wisdom, licenses, insurance, invoice etc)
Excavation : 20-Feb-2020
Plumbing & Framing : 28-Feb-2020
Slab Metal framing: 02-Mar-2020
Slab Poured: 03-Mar-2020
Thanks Reddy, So that's 7 months between signed tender and construction?
Our plans have been ready to submit since last month we were just waiting for the land to be registered