Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 740 of 828
WisdomHomes
construction timeframes
Kazi
Hi all,
Can anyone please explain how do you track your weeks in construction?

In 28 February 2018, we received the email saying-

".......your file has been issued to Production Estimating for orders to be processed....

PRODUCTION ESTIMATING:

Orders will start to be processed for your home;

Within the first 10 working days, you will see the Site Fence, Toilet & other requirements delivered;

excavation works commencing 10-15 working days after that (weather permitting);

Within the 15 days and once all the orders have been processed, your file will be allocated to a Site Supervisor (SS) and released into Construction."

In 14 March 2018, we received the email saying-

"............your project has reached the “Construction” stage and I will be your office contact until the completion of your new home....."

In 16 March 2018, our SS called and introduced himself and his plan for weekly update every Friday.

In 19 March 2018 Monday, our slab was done. Payment was claimed on 20 March '18 Tuesday.

Now, when actually is the official start of week 1 of our 30-week-build? If it's 14 March 2018, then the 30 week should finish around 10-11 October 2018. Considering public holidays, may be 3-4 days more.

But I reccently asked our SS to see when is the 30 week end date officially. And he said "roughly 11 November 2018, plus rain interruption & holidays to be counted"!

The calculation does not match. May be I should ask our CSR to know the exact date. I know it can not be that exact for handover but all I need to have a track of our weeks like others. I would like to have a clear concept on this.

However, our admin and selection stages took too long and we almost were going to loose the bank loan/house due to sudden job change and the delay on Wisdom side. But I am really grateful to Wisdom Homes for accelerating DEP, EP by considering our situations and helped us getting the loan approved finally. We were in immense stress in those days and was chasing Wisdom like hell. The delay mainly caused by Timpelle Kitchen. I dont know why Timpelle was so slow! I found Wisdom Electrical dept very quick and efficient. Megan was wonderful.

Anyway, since construction started, the progress is really good. We are really happy the way it's going on timely. Our brick work took 3-4 weeks ( ~01-31 May 2018).

Last but the most important thing for me:

After knowing lot's of friends' experiences, I am now confident enough to say that Wisdom Homes promises and delivers much better quality than many other builders. And that quality lasts much longer than the bitter memory of admin delay.

I am looking forward to the handover of a good quality house and to live without many issues. Hope our journey with Wisdom Homes will have a happy ending

Hi Kazi,

The specific build period for each Home can vary depending upon many factors, including greenfield site or KDR, single or double storey, DA or CDC approval, facade type etc. From 1st January 2018, we have improved the level of detail that we provide at Contract Signing about construction timeframes to provide better transparency. However, for all sites, the start of the Build Period is recognised as being from commencement of excavation. I will ask your SS and Area Contruction Manager to review your build timeframes to ensure that we are providing you with accurate information.

Regards,

Mark

stukip ... here you go
Quick question - do i need to be present at the Pre Linings Inspection? I wasn't for the other two inspections. I just wasn't sure about this stage.

TIA!
ASJ1981
Quick question - do i need to be present at the Pre Linings Inspection? I wasn't for the other two inspections. I just wasn't sure about this stage.

TIA!

No not if you don’t wish to be
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

TIA!

No not if you don’t wish to be

Thanks Manhattan52. Was going to kill two birds with one stone that day - meet and greet SS for the first time as well as have Pre Linings inspection with Houspect.
So exciting reading about you guys who are in the process of building!

Not sure if we have anyone who is in the same stages as we are with the admin process. We can see the finish line, we can smell the finish line and just .. need... to ... get... over... it. We signed mid last year and believe our admin process has changed compared to some of you who are building right now.

Anyone have an updated steps after the DA approval? Eg, we were told there is no longer a "draft end panel", just CCV - consolidated contract variation (could just be a change in acronym / terminology) and straight to End Panel. Is this correct and in the right order?

M4bath
:-D So exciting reading about you guys who are in the process of building!

Not sure if we have anyone who is in the same stages as we are with the admin process. We can see the finish line, we can smell the finish line and just .. need... to ... get... over... it. We signed mid last year and believe our admin process has changed compared to some of you who are building right now.

Anyone have an updated steps after the DA approval? Eg, we were told there is no longer a "draft end panel", just CCV - consolidated contract variation (could just be a change in acronym / terminology) and straight to End Panel. Is this correct and in the right order?

• Post demolition inspection survey for level check and peg out.
  • Final End Panel to be sent, signed and returned.
  • Construction Plans submitted and approved.
  • Finally into Production Estimate.

Your post demo inspection and your post demo survey levels check are 2 seperate things. Hopefully not much longer but can be still hurdles. We got CDC mid July last year but didn’t get a slab till mid November due to admin errors over and over.
Yara
Not sure if it worth the upgrade.

The wireless part can be installed post handover.

You can then link it with smart sensors and programming.

No need to really use the step down.

All or nothing. Controlled by the sensors and the wireless control.

I think from memory the wireless module with installation was around 550?

There's some security issues that are documented which is why it's possible.

Later on, get a tesla battery and solar to reduce long term costs of heating.

PeterJess
a few things to keep in mind as well. The ESP plus can step down the output so in theory can reduce the amount of electricity used. However, in order for it to step down it need to detect the room temp accurately.

If you are having a controller(which contains the temp sensor) upstairs in the gallery, it will detect the temperature of the gallery but not the rooms, unless you leave all the room doors open. as an example, if you sleep in the main room and that's the only room you turn your aircon on (based on the zoning), having the controller out in the Gallery will detect a different temperature.

We asked around because we were curious how the aircon can detect the right temp to step down the power as marketed and found it can not do this unless there is a sensor in each of the zones. (or you leave all the internal doors open effectively becoming the same zone)

having said that, the esp plus is worth the upgrade. Extra zones and also the wifi module as standard.

Agreed Yara.
Stick with base model and put the upgrade cost towards solar after handover, then the majority of your aircon cost is free anyway.
We paid for an extra zone- prob not worth it as the aircon runs at full pelt no matter how many zones you use. Extra controller def worth it. We had the wifi installed without asking. Is helpful when you want to stay in bed but turn it on, but you can use the timer instead.
We find our house is well insulated (without upgrading) and don’t run the aircon much. Our bills have been all around $550 per quarter (without solar). Can’t see how spending $5000 upgrading would pay off, at least not in less than a decade and not with everyone putting in solar anyway.
Just my 2 cents.

kingofnowhere
ad2016
Hi all,

We are going to sign contract with wisdom soon. What are the upgrades i need to consider?
What ceiling height i can go for the first floor?

Thanks!

Cheers
R

ad2016 Somethings i would suggest
add provisional for - basix, electrical, Aircon, kitchen & leisure vanity, sink under mount upgrade (if not included), additional site cost if the lot was not accessible at siting stage.

Upgrades - square set windows, additional gas point aflresco, may be drain in alfresco in you want to setup like a bbq with sink, smart tile waste, add shower in powder, bathroom floor to ceiling tile, niche for bath tub, water point to fridge space

finalise all changes to structure of home like floor plan, facade, doors/ windows width/height..doing these after tender might attract additional admin fee

many thanks kingofnowhere
adchew
ad2016
Hi all,

We are going to sign contract with wisdom soon. What are the upgrades i need to consider?

Thanks!

Cheers
R

3 phase power supply.

thanks adchew
Femstar
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

It all depends on the package you are signing up for which might include most upgrade you may want. You can also consider extending some of the rooms if need be. Make sure you have include allowance for major things such as electrical, kitchen, flooring, etc. maybe landscaping too.

thanks femstar
jqcc0
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

We went with 2740 downstairs and 2590 upstairs (and square set cornice) which i'm very happy with. I think people have gone higher but this was the max we could go due to council height restrictions (we had a raised slab).

other upgrades which people have mentioned:
- water point fridge
- smart waste tiles
- carpet underlay upgrade
- additional lights/powerpoints (~5k)
- larger garage (at least 6x6 for 2 car garage minimum)
- under stair storage
- kitchen upgrades (~10-15k)
- full height tiles bathrooms (and tile upgrades) - (~10-15k)
- translucent windows - for those who like privacy. We got our kitchen splash back frosted after handover but would have gone frosted if I had thought about it.
- soundproofing - we just did between bedrooms. Don't regret not doing between floors.
- Aircon - only did additional controller upstairs and wifi with a couple of slim vents. I really couldn't see an ROI with upgrading.

many thanks jqcc0
Ninsta
ad2016
Hi all,

Thanks!

Cheers
R

You will need to have all your structural design finalised otherwise Wisdom will charge you a Post Contract Variation Fee. I would recommend your ask them what they consider as structural as we didnt realise that rendering was consider structural and and almost got charged the fee. We didnt really have any discussion on the facade changes until we got our plans at contract stage and the facade image in the brochures/online was very different to the standard design in the plans. For the lack of discussion or it being raised we assumed we would discuss this during our colours appointments.

many thanks ninsta
Exactly....
5k is a lot of electricity over many years..

Unless it's something like a home office etc.

MandM+4
Yara

PeterJess
a few things to keep in mind as well. The ESP plus can step down the output so in theory can reduce the amount of electricity used. However, in order for it to step down it need to detect the room temp accurately.

If you are having a controller(which contains the temp sensor) upstairs in the gallery, it will detect the temperature of the gallery but not the rooms, unless you leave all the room doors open. as an example, if you sleep in the main room and that's the only room you turn your aircon on (based on the zoning), having the controller out in the Gallery will detect a different temperature.

We asked around because we were curious how the aircon can detect the right temp to step down the power as marketed and found it can not do this unless there is a sensor in each of the zones. (or you leave all the internal doors open effectively becoming the same zone)

having said that, the esp plus is worth the upgrade. Extra zones and also the wifi module as standard.

Agreed Yara.
Stick with base model and put the upgrade cost towards solar after handover, then the majority of your aircon cost is free anyway.
We paid for an extra zone- prob not worth it as the aircon runs at full pelt no matter how many zones you use. Extra controller def worth it. We had the wifi installed without asking. Is helpful when you want to stay in bed but turn it on, but you can use the timer instead.
We find our house is well insulated (without upgrading) and don’t run the aircon much. Our bills have been all around $550 per quarter (without solar). Can’t see how spending $5000 upgrading would pay off, at least not in less than a decade and not with everyone putting in solar anyway.
Just my 2 cents.
twolittlepeas
Hi Everyone! We had our PCI yesterday. It went smoothly, practically zero issues. We are very happy with the finishes. The SS checked our house himself and already got the painter to fix all the touch ups, so we didn't even need to do that. Love our SS.

Here are some photos.

That's it, its finally finished! It felt good to see it completed. Just gotta organise payment and wait for the keyssssssss *happy*

I was an active silent reader on this forum, so thank you to everyone who shared their experience and answered my questions on the thread and in private!! thank you thank you

Congrats on your completed house, hope you're still enjoying it a few months on.

We're just going through the admin part with Wisdom and were wondering what bricks you went with?

Thanks
Manhattan52
M4bath

Your post demo inspection and your post demo survey levels check are 2 seperate things. Hopefully not much longer but can be still hurdles. We got CDC mid July last year but didn’t get a slab till mid November due to admin errors over and over.

Thanks Manhattan52.

I forgot to mention that we are coming to tender expiry (in weeks!) with those last stages, all while waiting for WH to get back to us. We have been extremely patience with every stage so far, putting up with the admin errors made by WH without any noise. However, it is getting out of hand now....... I will refrain from going into details but please feel free to PM if you wanna hear about it.

I've even gone to the extend of sending Mark a PM though here but suspect he is no longer with WH or on this forum since his last activity was 6 months ago.

Anyone had the ability to change CSR and who can you escalate to get some attention from WH? Need advise from those with past experience.
M4bath
Manhattan52
M4bath

Thanks Manhattan52.

I forgot to mention that we are coming to tender expiry (in weeks!) with those last stages, all while waiting for WH to get back to us. We have been extremely patience with every stage so far, putting up with the admin errors made by WH without any noise. However, it is getting out of hand now....... I will refrain from going into details but please feel free to PM if you wanna hear about it.

I've even gone to the extend of sending Mark a PM though here but suspect he is no longer with WH or on this forum since his last activity was 6 months ago.

Anyone had the ability to change CSR and who can you escalate to get some attention from WH? Need advise from those with past experience.

You can escalate to Mieke Mulquiny the Customer Service Manager. I’m sure she will be able to assist you.
MandM+4
Yara

PeterJess

Agreed Yara.
Just my 2 cents.

Just sharing another view for what and why we did.

My family of 6 - 2 adults, 2 teens and 2 primary aged kids upgraded to the ESP+ with 8 zones and individual room control (5br plus HT, upstairs and downstairs living areas). This was $10k and we trust that the AC Motor will run only what it needs to.

My current home has 3kw solar, AC and electric hot water, no gas and our electricity usage peaked at 62kw ($15.50) last Friday and this Monday with the AC heat on.

With out it we can use as little as 22kw ($4) but our last summer bill (April) showed a daily average of 42kw. ($9.50) per day!

We also installed 1.66kw BIPV Solar Roof tiles on the front of our house (west facing) which preserves the roofline and is not noticeable until I point it out.

Once we get our savings back up (after all the landscaping costs inc driveway) we will add 8.28kw LG panels (24) and Enphase micro Inverters to our North roofline.

This will give us 9.94kw on the roof.
We are also adding a swimming pool and gas Hot water.

So without solar at all our bills would probably be close to $850 per quarter.
With solar this would be below $200. Effectively saving me $3k each year. Payback is circa 4years and this reduces the each time electricity prices increase.

Our saving would increase if we were home more during daylight!!!

It’s not cost effective to add batteries and whilst I consider myself an early adopter, I don’t see good ROI for another few years or battery integration.

Hope that helps someone!
Hi guys, we had our 2nd and final on site landscaping meeting yesterday. I'm just wondering who got Wisdom Landscapes to do the site level/clean etc for front and back? They are charging about $1430 for removal of 12T mixed fill. I think we may need about 3. Is $1430 expensive/cheap/reasonable/competitive per 12T? I'm doing my homework now and waiting for calls to get a quote. I feel like throwing in the towel and getting Wisdom to do it out of convenience but i remember asking this exact same question earlier this year and someone said $800 per 12T is the benchmark/standard price, which is a pretty big difference! Wonder if it was worth taking the time and effort to get more quotes...
ASJ1981
Hi guys, we had our 2nd and final on site landscaping meeting yesterday. I'm just wondering who got Wisdom Landscapes to do the site level/clean etc for front and back? They are charging about $1430 for removal of 12T mixed fill. I think we may need about 3. Is $1430 expensive/cheap/reasonable/competitive per 12T? I'm doing my homework now and waiting for calls to get a quote. I feel like throwing in the towel and getting Wisdom to do it out of convenience but i remember asking this exact same question earlier this year and someone said $800 per 12T is the benchmark/standard price, which is a pretty big difference! Wonder if it was worth taking the time and effort to get more quotes...

great to see your build going well. give my guy a call. his name is Hassan 0499 342 342. Top guy and he will let you know if the price is fair or how much he will charge. Pm me if you want more details
SejaeD
ASJ1981

great to see your build going well. give my guy a call. his name is Hassan 0499 342 342. Top guy and he will let you know if the price is fair or how much he will charge. Pm me if you want more details

sejaeD - thank you! Have noted his details and will give him a call. Do you know if he services North West Sydney?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum