Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 738 of 828
ASJ1981 thanks for asking. Our upper scaffold was certified midweek, remaining bricks delivered and they started back on site yesterday. I believe the carpenter has been back this week to complete what needed to be done with the scaffolding in place. Roof booked within the next 2 weeks. Render too. I think externals are projected to be complete within 6-8weeks. I guess the diplomat has a bit of back and forth with the trades.

Waiting for rough in so we can supply some cabling and a bit stressed about the prelining inspection as there is so much to cover and I don’t know where we should start or in what order.

When are key times for us to ask our SS for a site visit (that is outside of our independent inspector)?
Hi Guys,
I have got a prelim quote from wisdom in which it says the Air conditioning is "Actron Category C Reverse Cycle Air" with 2 zones.
You guys have any idea which model is this?
Also, if i want to have more zones, do I need to upgrade the aircon unit? or can they just add more zones to this unit? which is better? offcourse with additional cost.
TIA
Athena
Hi Guys,
I have got a prelim quote from wisdom in which it says the Air conditioning is "Actron Category C Reverse Cycle Air" with 2 zones.
Also, if i want to have more zones, do I need to upgrade the aircon unit? or can they just add more zones to this unit? which is better? offcourse with additional cost.
TIA

Hi Athena,

It depends on the size of your home.

That determines which Actron unit they will use and the number of Zones.

For example, my Manhattan 44ens came with the SRA230C 3phase unit and I still opted to upgrade to the top deck costing another $10,500 for 8 zones and individual room control with ESP+

All originally come with 2 zones as default.

Smaller units are
Upto 28sq SRA140 8-9 outlets
Upto 32sq SRA160 9-10 outlets
Upto 42sq SRA190 11-12 outlets
Upto 52sq SRA230 14-15 outlets

GLO
Athena
Hi Guys,
TIA

Hi Athena,

For example, my Manhattan 44ens came with the SRA230C 3phase unit and I still opted to upgrade to the top deck costing another $10,500 for 8 zones and individual room control.

Smaller units are

As GLO mentioned many factor varies depending on your house size,

Just something i gleaned off internet for classic models you can increase the zones say without upgrading the base unit. But the system will use almost full power even when using the least possible zones
If you are looking to have more zones to save on power you would have to upgrade to variable capacity system (Actor ESP Plus)
GLO
Athena
Hi Guys,
TIA

Hi Athena,

For example, my Manhattan 44ens came with the SRA230C 3phase unit and I still opted to upgrade to the top deck costing another $10,500 for 8 zones and individual room control with ESP+

Smaller units are

Thank you. we are building Ambassador 36.
The quote they gave is a bit vague.
kingofnowhere
GLO
Athena
Hi Guys,
TIA

Hi Athena,

For example, my Manhattan 44ens came with the SRA230C 3phase unit and I still opted to upgrade to the top deck costing another $10,500 for 8 zones and individual room control.

Smaller units are

As GLO mentioned many factor varies depending on your house size,

Just something i gleaned off internet for classic models you can increase the zones say without upgrading the base unit. But the system will use almost full power even when using the least possible zones
If you are looking to have more zones to save on power you would have to upgrade to variable capacity system (Actor ESP Plus)

Thank you. That's what we are thinking too, we would like to have better unit, than small unit with more zones.
We are getting this as part of live bold package, not sure what they are offering by default in this package.
Athena The default model was mentioned in our tender.

We upgraded the unit and added zones during our selections.
Athena
GLO
Athena
Hi Guys,
TIA

Hi Athena,

Smaller units are

Thank you. we are building Ambassador 36.
The quote they gave is a bit vague.

We upgraded also but for us the main reason was the included promotion model only had one temperature sensor whcih was in the keypad - building a 2 storey we wanted a sensor on each floor.
kingofnowhere
@Athena The default model was mentioned in our tender.

Hi kingofnowhere, do you mind sharing what was your default model, and what have you upgraded to? and what is the cost of upgrade?
Thanks
Ninsta
We upgraded also but for us the main reason was the included promotion model only had one temperature sensor whcih was in the keypad - building a 2 storey we wanted a sensor on each floor.

Thats a good idea to have sensor on each floor. How many sensors do you get when you upgrade? Just 2?
Athena
kingofnowhere
@Athena The default model was mentioned in our tender.

Hi kingofnowhere, do you mind sharing what was your default model, and what have you upgraded to? and what is the cost of upgrade?
Thanks

The base unit according to tender was sra173 17KW system, upgrade to equivalent 17kw variable power was ~4.5k, but it came with 4 zones by default (I guess there was some offer at that time). No additional sensors were included we had to pay for additional sensors.

This is abt 7 months back things could have changed since.
Athena
Ninsta

Thats a good idea to have sensor on each floor. How many sensors do you get when you upgrade? Just 2?

You can just pay for an extra control pad with the base model.

MandM+4
Athena
Ninsta

You can just pay for an extra control pad with the base model.

Yes you can. We are building a double storey and have a control pad upstairs.
a few things to keep in mind as well. The ESP plus can step down the output so in theory can reduce the amount of electricity used. However, in order for it to step down it need to detect the room temp accurately.

If you are having a controller(which contains the temp sensor) upstairs in the gallery, it will detect the temperature of the gallery but not the rooms, unless you leave all the room doors open. as an example, if you sleep in the main room and that's the only room you turn your aircon on (based on the zoning), having the controller out in the Gallery will detect a different temperature.

We asked around because we were curious how the aircon can detect the right temp to step down the power as marketed and found it can not do this unless there is a sensor in each of the zones. (or you leave all the internal doors open effectively becoming the same zone)

having said that, the esp plus is worth the upgrade. Extra zones and also the wifi module as standard.
PeterJess
a few things to keep in mind as well. The ESP plus can step down the output so in theory can reduce the amount of electricity used. However, in order for it to step down it need to detect the room temp accurately.

If you are having a controller(which contains the temp sensor) upstairs in the gallery, it will detect the temperature of the gallery but not the rooms, unless you leave all the room doors open. as an example, if you sleep in the main room and that's the only room you turn your aircon on (based on the zoning), having the controller out in the Gallery will detect a different temperature.

We asked around because we were curious how the aircon can detect the right temp to step down the power as marketed and found it can not do this unless there is a sensor in each of the zones. (or you leave all the internal doors open effectively becoming the same zone)

having said that, the esp plus is worth the upgrade. Extra zones and also the wifi module as standard.

Thank you Peter, for the detailed reply.

I think we will upgrade the aircon. I guess we should be able to add more controllers later, but to start with we will have two controllers.
Hi guys, we are well into our build now - pre lining stage is probably in the next 2 weeks or so. Just wondering has anyone added something into their Electricals at this stage of their build? We have a provision in our Electrical Plan for a "future pendant light" in the stairs. I see the pendants i like on their Beacon Lighting list. I'm wondering if it's too late to add this... I would rather get it done with Wisdom now as it's one less thing i need to think about after handover since im getting that exact light anyway.

Edited to add: i know they'll probably charge a Building Variation Fee for this right? Which makes the whole thing more expensive anyway
ASJ1981
Hi guys, we are well into our build now - pre lining stage is probably in the next 2 weeks or so. Just wondering has anyone added something into their Electricals at this stage of their build? We have a provision in our Electrical Plan for a "future pendant light" in the stairs. I see the pendants i like on their Beacon Lighting list. I'm wondering if it's too late to add this... I would rather get it done with Wisdom now as it's one less thing i need to think about after handover since im getting that exact light anyway.

Edited to add: i know they'll probably charge a Building Variation Fee for this right? Which makes the whole thing more expensive anyway

We did lots of changes to the electricals and also added solar and Tesla batteries etc. This caused the whole project to go on hold which is not ideal and we also have to pay a variation fee, think it’s around $1,500. If you’re going to make changes you might as well change a lot of things at the same time to get the most out of the variation fees. Cheers
Magnus
ASJ1981

We did lots of changes to the electricals and also added solar and Tesla batteries etc. This caused the whole project to go on hold which is not ideal and we also have to pay a variation fee, think it’s around $1,500. If you’re going to make changes you might as well change a lot of things at the same time to get the most out of the variation fees. Cheers

Thank you for your reply magnus
I just realised after posting, that it won't make sense for me to make 1 change and be charged $1500 for it. I'll just buy the pendant and install after handover.
Magnus
ASJ1981

Magnus. Where are you up to and how long did they stop for?
ASJ1981

Just ask your SS. It’s not exactly more work for them if they’re putting a batten light there anyway, he might do you a favour.
When we built W didn’t offer the pedants from beacon, we had to do after handover and it was a bit of a pain to access above the stairs. Still wouldn’t pay a variation fee but it’s worth the ask.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum