Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 736 of 828
Ninsta
Hi guys, we are finally at framing stage (yay!) and after a site visit we came across 2 pipes that had been cut and frames place over the top. Has anyone come across these and can shed some light??

This is the usual standard for hung vanities. Pipes have to go into the wall to give you clean lines. The wall has to sit directly over the drain to achieve this. Can be weird to see at first but it is a standard practice. Frames are usually modified on site to accommodate the drain from sinks etc.
Good morning everyone,

For fellow wisdom home owners, can you tell me if your weep holes are covered. The Wisdom display home all have this but am curious to see if they do this for our homes too!
Ninsta
Hi guys, we are finally at framing stage (yay!) and after a site visit we came across 2 pipes that had been cut and frames place over the top. Has anyone come across these and can shed some light??

Hi Ninsta,
I’m just at the same stage with you except that only the first level has been done. 2nd level to be completed next week. Will watch out and see if I have same situation next week.
ml117
CS199
How have you claimed the $5500 outdoor voucher without spending too much with Wisdom

We only used part of it and rest is going into credit. The landscaping costs they have are just too expensive. Doing the bulk of it after handover, it's a bit of a pain but worth the savings

Yeah our quote came to 80K which including driveway cost, so wanting to do something so that I dont loose on the $5500 voucher
Hi there
Has anyone put in a shower where there isn’t a lip on the shower door?

Everything I have seen has a step.

Femstar
Ninsta

Hi Ninsta,
I’m just at the same stage with you except that only the first level has been done. 2nd level to be completed next week. Will watch out and see if I have same situation next week.

Thanks guys! This thread has been a sanity saver!!

Femstar, we have been away for 2 weeks but from the updates I’ve received both levels were completed in 1 week. I was so surprised!!
Ninsta
Femstar
Ninsta

Hi Ninsta,

Thanks guys! This thread has been a sanity saver!!

Femstar, we have been away for 2 weeks but from the updates I’ve received both levels were completed in 1 week. I was so surprised!!

Yes, ground level was completed on Friday. Took just 1 day to complete. I was surprise myself too.
Anyone have pics of their “urban” facade? we like the balcony access from the living room upstairs and have settled on this facade now but just after some inspiration on what is possible.
Thanks/Reddy
CS199
ml117
CS199
How have you claimed the $5500 outdoor voucher without spending too much with Wisdom

We only used part of it and rest is going into credit. The landscaping costs they have are just too expensive. Doing the bulk of it after handover, it's a bit of a pain but worth the savings

Yeah our quote came to 80K which including driveway cost, so wanting to do something so that I dont loose on the $5500 voucher

Hi CS199,

We too don’t want to waste the voucher so decided that wisdom can put our driveway in so it makes moving in much easier and will do the landscaping after handover.
G'day All

Does anyone have any information about electrical options or prices for electrical fitout?

Interested to see what light fitting options Wisdom provide, internal or external, fittings or prewire.

Any information from your experience would be welcomed.
Quick question, for those who did floor to ceiling tiles in the bathrooms, does that by standard convert the windows to be square set reveals?

Additionally, we’ve added the custom splash back window in the kitchen like many of this thread but now have realised we are missing the comments “square set reveal”. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks!
BigD
G'day All

Does anyone have any information about electrical options or prices for electrical fitout?

Interested to see what light fitting options Wisdom provide, internal or external, fittings or prewire.

Batten holder $58
Provision for downlight $71
Provision and support for ceiling fan (no light) $130
Single PowerPoint internal $50
Double PowerPoint internal $58
Double PowerPoint external $120
Single PowerPoint external $97
M4bath
Quick question, for those who did floor to ceiling tiles in the bathrooms, does that by standard convert the windows to be square set reveals?

Additionally, we’ve added the custom splash back window in the kitchen like many of this thread but now have realised we are missing the comments “square set reveal”. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks!

Ours does say sq set reveal next to the window on the plan and on the window schedule. Every time I questioned if it was an issue if one notation was missing, I was told it didn’t matter, got it changed nonetheless on the construction plans just in case. Where are you up to in the process?
Solar question: we are going with panels but holding off on battery for now. Does anyone know how easily a battery can be installed at a later date (when it becomes more economical)? I’m a little concerned about the aftersales service prospects (are they good, who do you even contact if there are issues with the system)?
becks81
Solar question: we are going with panels but holding off on battery for now. Does anyone know how easily a battery can be installed at a later date (when it becomes more economical)? I’m a little concerned about the aftersales service prospects (are they good, who do you even contact if there are issues with the system)?

We are also thinking about doing the same thing. I haven’t looked too much into it but I think you need to make provision for battery then simply get the supplier to install one when you are ready to buy.
M4bath
BigD
G'day All

Batten holder $58
Provision for downlight $71
Provision and support for ceiling fan (no light) $130
Single PowerPoint internal $50
Double PowerPoint internal $58
Double PowerPoint external $120
Single PowerPoint external $97

Did anyone use Wisdom light fittings? (Other than downlights)
Was their a wide range of choice or just a few items?
Mish018
becks81

We are also thinking about doing the same thing. I haven’t looked too much into it but I think you need to make provision for battery then simply get the supplier to install one when you are ready to buy.

I talked some solar firms and most said that getting battery post handover was not a difficult ask but does involves additional requests with the energy provider and may be rewiring of meters. The main difference is the way battery gets coupled, Like AC Coupling vs DC Coupling, google can better answer what these coupling mean.
Mish018
becks81

Thanks for that.
kingofnowhere
Mish018
becks81

I talked some solar firms and most said that getting battery post handover was not a difficult ask but does involves additional requests with the energy provider and may be rewiring of meters. The main difference is the way battery gets coupled, Like AC Coupling vs DC Coupling, google can better answer what these coupling mean.

Thanks, I’ll google it.
M4bath

Thanks!
Did u get signature package by any chance? That will include all square sets cornices and window reveals except for the garage but it should show on your construction plan

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum