Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 735 of 828
GLO
BigD
Downlights??

For those of you who specified provisions for downlights and installed after you moved in, did you have any issues?
Maybe holes not big enough, not powdered, hole too close to a timber beam to fit the light etc??

in addition to BigD's question, what ones have people installed?

No issues with cutouts and I stayed consistent by purchasing the Clipsal tri colour but you can find cheaper out there as well but I decided to stick to same.

ml117
A few updated pics

House looks great. Similar to mine. Manhattan with designer facade? How much did W charge for that letter box? Got anymore pics?

adchew
kingofnowhere
hey all, any one got info on double bowl under mount sink cost, will there be any additional charges like cutout ext...?

$470
Depends whether you are adding additional sink and cut out. We added another sink to the butler pantry which is the same undermount sink they offer in signature package and it was about 800 and the cutout was about 500. But these are additional items. To upgrade I'm sure it's less

ml117
A few updated pics

Looks fantastic. What did you think about the finish of your floor tiles and the silicone around the skirtings. Did it look nice and neat?
M4bath
ml117
A few updated pics

Nice!!!

What colour stain did you do?

It's quantum timber black

doosra
ml117
A few updated pics

House looks great. Similar to mine. Manhattan with designer facade? How much did W charge for that letter box? Got anymore pics?

We got it done as part of the voucher, but it was about $2k

Mish018
ml117
A few updated pics

Looks fantastic. What did you think about the finish of your floor tiles and the silicone around the skirtings. Did it look nice and neat?

I haven't been inside for a bit, supervisor took the photos, but from what I can see it looks pretty good

Magnus
I’m doing a lot of changes, trick is to do them all at the same time to pay the $1K fee only once. I hired a light designer to get the lighting and electricity right from start. I think it’s worth it because you don’t wanna move in and live in a brand new house where you are going to say to yourself “I wish I’ve done this and that”. I’ve spent about 250 hours analysing my electrical, lighting and security needs, now I know what I want, unfortunately I realised after signing the contract so will have to pay the variation fee. I just think $1,000 is cheap knowing I won’t have to worry about it ever again. Happy to share my thoughts/plans. Msg me if you have any questions.

Hi Magnus, I'm not with Wisdom as I'm in VIC but saw your post about the variation fee. This is a great idea and would love to hear your update on this. Do they charge the variation fee of $1000 for all the changes and not per item?
Awesome pics ml117 really like your stairs and door stain. We chose Black Japan and can only hope ours turn out like yours or close to it! Good luck with PCI!

Mish018 Good luck with PCI too!

We are having great progress with our build so far, SS keeps us informed on his weekly calls so we know what to look forward to on our "weekend site visits". Our brickwork was completed last Friday and as expected, Progress Payment #4 hit our Inbox right on 5pm

Our roof tiles were also completed today, as per SS so i'm really excited to see it on Saturday.

Hope everyone is going well
ml117
M4bath
ml117
A few updated pics

Nice!!!

Thanks! Great to know our stairs and front door will look like. Do you still remember what your tile selection is for the main floor? Wondering if ours are the same grey colour 🤔
How have you claimed the $5500 outdoor voucher without spending too much with Wisdom
How have you claimed the $5500 outdoor voucher without spending too much with Wisdom
ASJ1981
Awesome pics ml117 really like your stairs and door stain. We chose Black Japan and can only hope ours turn out like yours or close to it! Good luck with PCI!

We are having great progress with our build so far, SS keeps us informed on his weekly calls so we know what to look forward to on our "weekend site visits". Our brickwork was completed last Friday and as expected, Progress Payment #4 hit our Inbox right on 5pm

Our roof tiles were also completed today, as per SS so i'm really excited to see it on Saturday.

Thanks ASJ1981. Had our PCI yesterday and it was a bit premature in my opinion. We are still awaiting floor tiles from Italy that were ordered in February, Items missing from bathrooms, messy tiling we asked to be redone still not rectified, gaps between steps of staircase and plaster board, my beautiful Zuster mirror laying in a box, mixers for taps not fitted properly which we picked up at a meeting weeks ago still not fitted properly, very messy paintwork, especially on skirtings. It’s clear the painters have painted whilst there was dust everywhere, brickwork is still a mess. Landscaping had been dug up for termite barrier and not fixed.We will be requesting another PCI before we do a handover as there is no way I am sending my bank in to value the home in that state.
M4bath
ml117
M4bath
[quote="ml117"]A few updated pics

Nice!!!

Thanks! Great to know our stairs and front door will look like. Do you still remember what your tile selection is for the main floor? Wondering if ours are the same grey colour
[/quote]

Sorry I don't, will check the boxes during the inspection next week

CS199

We only used part of it and rest is going into credit. The landscaping costs they have are just too expensive. Doing the bulk of it after handover, it's a bit of a pain but worth the savings

Mish018
ASJ1981

Thanks ASJ1981. Had our PCI yesterday and it was a bit premature in my opinion. We are still awaiting floor tiles from Italy that were ordered in February, Items missing from bathrooms, messy tiling we asked to be redone still not rectified, gaps between steps of staircase and plaster board, my beautiful Zuster mirror laying in a box, mixers for taps not fitted properly which we picked up at a meeting weeks ago still not fitted properly, very messy paintwork, especially on skirtings. It’s clear the painters have painted whilst there was dust everywhere, brickwork is still a mess. Landscaping had been dug up for termite barrier and not fixed.We will be requesting another PCI before we do a handover as there is no way I am sending my bank in to value the home in that state.

So sorry to hear that. Why did they book you in if they weren't ready?

ml117
Mish018
ASJ1981

I am not sure. They are quite behind in our build so I am thinking it might have something to do with trying to stop the liquidated damages clause running
Mish018
ml117
Mish018

I am not sure. They are quite behind in our build so I am thinking it might have something to do with trying to stop the liquidated damages clause running

This is such a shame for you. Hope things move along from this point. If you don’t accept this current state does it change the liquidated damages status back into your favour?
Hi guys, we are finally at framing stage (yay!) and after a site visit we came across 2 pipes that had been cut and frames place over the top. Has anyone come across these and can shed some light??

Ninsta
Hi guys, we are finally at framing stage (yay!) and after a site visit we came across 2 pipes that had been cut and frames place over the top. Has anyone come across these and can shed some light??

This is common, the plumber cuts around it and reinforces the frame. Nothing to worry about.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum