Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 731 of 828
M4bath
becks81
GLO
I have just gone through my entire end panel and there is no mention of mirrors let alone sizes.

Which section do you see it?

Ours is in "Bathroom Variations" we changed the Jack n Jill bathroom between Rooms 2&3 to a dedicated bathroom so they redesigned it to have a double bowl. Here is a snap from the tender.

None of the other bathrooms mention mirrors but I can see from the plans that the single ensuite for Bed4 has a small mirror. We have shaving cabinets for the powder and master ensuite.

For those who did change out your mirrors for shaving cabinets with wisdom, did you get a credit for it like what MandM+4 mentioned in a few post back?

We didn't get a credit as such, I think ours wee considered upgrades (vanity/mirror combo) so I assumed the price was factored into the price.
ml117
Yeah, it's been quick. I can't complain with the last few months.

Will hopefully get keys early June

Congrats ml117, we will be getting handover at he end of this week all going well (but don't really have a contingency as we have to move out of our rental) . Wisdom have been really good at helping speed this final process up and providing options but we were expecting handover around the end of March/early April so I thought I had enough buffer in place.

Driveway is going in but it has uncovered a Telstra line so now we play the waiting game until Telstra can move or disconnect the line. We have our PCI Tomorrow!
jqcc0
becks81
We have ground floor frames and ?floor joists? Hoping to have most of 1st floor done this week and then bricks starting sometime next week. Does anyone know how long bricks take (41sq with a rendered facade)? Just wondering which side of Easter the brickies will finish....thinking after.

Also, do they leave the fence open the whole build or will they put shadecloth up?? We do have a contract item for shadecloth to 2 elevations on the 1st floor for neighbour privacy but not sure what is standard.

We also had the item for shadecloth. I never saw this put up and I walked pas the build every day so it will be something I will be questioning.

Ours is just for the first floor and not for the street. I guess it’s not for privacy, more to protect the neighbours from dust/debris? And used in sandy areas
jqcc0
ml117

Congrats ml117, we will be getting handover at he end of this week all going well (but don't really have a contingency as we have to move out of our rental) . Wisdom have been really good at helping speed this final process up and providing options but we were expecting handover around the end of March/early April so I thought I had enough buffer in place.

Driveway is going in but it has uncovered a Telstra line so now we play the waiting game until Telstra can move or disconnect the line. We have our PCI Tomorrow!

Looking great!!! Good luck with PCI, so happy for you. Is Telstra line under your driveway?
becks81
jqcc0
ml117

Looking great!!! Good luck with PCI, so happy for you. Is Telstra line under your driveway?

We are moving the driveway from where it was (joint crossover with righthand neighbour) to a serparate driveway on the left side of the block. They found the Telstra line when preparing for this that looks like it runs across our yard to the neighbour (but it may not even be used anymore). Because it is Telstras infrastructure Wisdom can't touch it (e.g. they could easitly just dig it a bit deeper and finish the driveway) but instead need Telstra to come out and do it apparently. The joys of KDR.
Congrats to jqcc0 and ml117 as you near the finish line.

For those getting their handover now or soon (before Jun2019), how long did your build take in the end? Especially anyone with a Manhattan 44 size.

Thanks becks81 on the mirror response of credit / no credit.
jqcc0
ml117

Looks great! We are also doing Hamptons facade!!
jqcc0
ml117

Excellent news. Do you really think you will go from PCI to keys within 3-4 days. That's great if you do.

M4bath

For those getting their handover now or soon (before Jun2019), how long did your build take in the end? Especially anyone with a Manhattan 44 size.

Ours is Ambassador 36 (39 with upstairs Balcony). It will be an 11 month duration and we have just received our practical completion letter which states 64 days accrued extension so that would mean it's pretty much spot on based on the 9 months contracted, I just didn't expect or plan for 64 days.
ml117
jqcc0
ml117

Excellent news. Do you really think you will go from PCI to keys within 3-4 days. That's great if you do.

Fingers crossed. We aren't relying on a bank so I think it will be down to getting the interim occupancy - did the PCI today and was very happy with quality. Worst case we will move the furniture in and live with the inlaws I guess.
jqcc0
ml117
jqcc0
[quote="ml117"]

Fingers crossed. We aren't relying on a bank so I think it will be down to getting the interim occupancy - did the PCI today and was very happy with quality. Worst case we will move the furniture in and live with the inlaws I guess.[/quote]

Good you are happy with the quality, house is looking great

Any recommendations for removalists?

jqcc0
M4bath

Ours is Ambassador 36 (39 with upstairs Balcony). It will be an 11 month duration and we have just received our practical completion letter which states 64 days accrued extension so that would mean it's pretty much spot on based on the 9 months contracted, I just didn't expect or plan for 64 days.

Thanks!
Morning everyone,

We are just about to start the tender process for the ambassador and wondering if anyone used the classic facade and if so would you be able to share pics?

We are having the balcony at the back and therefore don’t need a balcony on the front. We are thinking to save some money and use the classic but unsure how it would look finished in person.

Thanks in advance!
[quote="sv_reddy":17eys3xn]Morning everyone,

We are just about to start the tender process for the ambassador and wondering if anyone used the classic facade and if so would you be able to share pics?

We are having the balcony at the back and therefore don’t need a balcony on the front. We are thinking to save some money and use the classic but unsure how it would look finished in person.

Thanks in advance![/quote:17eys3xn]

I know nothing about your actual situation, but here are the thoughts I weighed up when considering the balcony.
Rear balcony was about $22k, plus tiling.
How often would I really use it?
I have views of the mountains, but my council requires balconies be enclosed on 1 side, and the other 2 to have walls 1.7m high off the floor or screened with fixed screens that point/view upwards. (and direct rain in) All to prevent overlook. Others in my estate have put on balconies, but once screened in they were not as inviting and made the bedroom look dark.
For me i will probably spend more time cleaning it than actual use.
Then there are the mozzies and flies if you want to relax out there. Sure put up fly screens but in the end all these items detract from the bright added space that is shown in the displays.
Having said all that, I'm still in love with the rear balcony and I'm still trying to talk myself out of it.
As for facades, they always seem an expensive option but it's something that you, your friends, family, neighbours and your future buyers we see first. A rear balcony off your bedroom will be for the sole use of the bedrooms occupants.
BigD

I know nothing about your actual situation, but here are the thoughts I weighed up when considering the balcony.
I have views of the mountains, but my council requires balconies be enclosed on 1 side, and the other 2 to have walls 1.7m high off the floor or screened with fixed screens that point/view upwards. (and direct rain in) All to prevent overlook. Others in my estate have put on balconies, but once screened in they were not as inviting and made the bedroom look dark.
Then there are the mozzies and flies if you want to relax out there. Sure put up fly screens but in the end all these items detract from the bright added space that is shown in the displays.
Having said all that, I'm still in love with the rear balcony and I'm still trying to talk myself out of it.
As for facades, they always seem an expensive option but it's something that you, your friends, family, neighbours and your future buyers we see first. A rear balcony off your bedroom will be for the sole use of the bedrooms occupants.[/quote]

Does Ambassador 36 rear balcony cost $22K?
My balcony is off the master at the back.
Cost about $20k and I have 2 open sides which gives me a East and South view. The balcony is more than 8m from the boundary so I didn't need to have privacy screens.

kingofnowhere
BigD

As for facades, they always seem an expensive option but it's something that you, your friends, family, neighbours and your future buyers we see first. A rear balcony off your bedroom will be for the sole use of the bedrooms occupants.[/quote][/quote]
Does Ambassador 36 rear balcony cost $22K?[/quote]

Reading from the Options Price lists, use these as a guide.
Ambassador 36
Balcony 3.87m x 4.73 incl Stacker Doors
$26k
Manhattan 36
Balcony 3.73m x 4.44 incl Stacker Doors
$23k
Manhattan 39
Balcony 2.85m x 4.44 incl Stacker Doors
$21k
Manhattan 44
Balcony 4.21m x 5.04 incl Stacker Doors
$30k

Also, looking at the facade price list, facades with a balcony seem to average $18k more for similar facades that don't have the balcony.
BigD
kingofnowhere
BigD

As for facades, they always seem an expensive option but it's something that you, your friends, family, neighbours and your future buyers we see first. A rear balcony off your bedroom will be for the sole use of the bedrooms occupants.[/quote][/quote]
Does Ambassador 36 rear balcony cost $22K?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Reading from the Options Price lists, use these as a guide.
Ambassador 36
Balcony 3.87m x 4.73 incl Stacker Doors
$26k
Manhattan 36
Balcony 3.73m x 4.44 incl Stacker Doors
$23k
Manhattan 39
Balcony 2.85m x 4.44 incl Stacker Doors
$21k
Manhattan 44
Balcony 4.21m x 5.04 incl Stacker Doors
$30k

Also, looking at the facade price list, facades with a balcony seem to average $18k more for similar facades that don't have the balcony.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Good list there Big D

It’s worth checking your local council regulations and DCP as I had a max external size balcony of 20sqm.

Ideally I wanted to have the full size (matching the alfresco below it) but regulations didn’t permit it.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum