Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 726 of 828
Magnus
Roof is up and ready for rendering. Things have progressed nicely since start and our site manager Yuosef has been amazing. Very happy with everything so far. We are looking at making some changes to electricals and hopefully can get that sorted in the next couple weeks, I’m putting in tech stuff for home automation so hoping Wisdom will agree to wire the house for the automated lights. Can’t wait to move in!

Steaming ahead, Magnus! Is that the Diplomat facade? We are between frame and brick and the parapets look more imposing and taller than I expected.
becks81
Magnus
Roof is up and ready for rendering. Things have progressed nicely since start and our site manager Yuosef has been amazing. Very happy with everything so far. We are looking at making some changes to electricals and hopefully can get that sorted in the next couple weeks, I’m putting in tech stuff for home automation so hoping Wisdom will agree to wire the house for the automated lights. Can’t wait to move in!

Steaming ahead, Magnus! Is that the Diplomat facade? We are between frame and brick and the parapets look more imposing and taller than I expected.

Yes we went for the Diplomat facade, pretty much same colour scheme as the display home. Are you doing the Manhattan as well?
Magnus
becks81
Magnus

Yes we went for the Diplomat facade, pretty much same colour scheme as the display home. Are you doing the Manhattan as well?

We are building the Ambassador with the Diplomat but changed it slightly with different cladding and rendering all over
Granite guard: can anyone explain to me how this will look and when it goes in? We have frames up (as much as possible without scaffolding) and brickies due when possible, allowing for Easter.
looks like rough small rocks/gravel and is done after the first course of bricks I believe. Did you specify Granitguard?

do you have a date for when your bricklayers will start?
Manhattan52
looks like rough small rocks/gravel and is done after the first course of bricks I believe. Did you specify Granitguard?

Yes it says “granite guard in lieu or standard” in our tender. So it is within the brick work? Thanks!

No firm date, cement and sand are on site, inspection booked for tomorrow, SS wants to see report before proceeding.
becks81
Manhattan52

Yes it says “granite guard in lieu or standard” in our tender. So it is within the brick work? Thanks!

No firm date, cement and sand are on site, inspection booked for tomorrow, SS wants to see report before proceeding.

Yes goes on the inward side of the bricks I believe. Hopefully you don’t have too much of a wait but better to address any frame issues now because no framework is perfect
becks81
Manhattan52

What they do is lay the first course of bricks and then Flick will put 75mm of crushed granite in the cavity, The termites cant get through
With these crushed stone type physical termite systems we'll probably find that there is also a plastic strip laid into the brick courses designed to prevent termites tunnelling up inside the structure. The critical thing with these systems and their typical warranties is to recognise the requirement for yearly professional inspections and the retention of those inspections reports.
Thanks SejaeD and kks. So we will still need yearly inspections? As in, get a termite inspection along with the usual pest control?
Sorry for the heavy posting of late: Does anyone have a good checklist for the pre-lining inspection? Or any tips as to what to look for? I obviously want to be really thorough but also don't want to annoy our SS.
becks81
Granite guard: can anyone explain to me how this will look and when it goes in? We have frames up (as much as possible without scaffolding) and brickies due when possible, allowing for Easter.

Hi becks81, SS literally just got off the phone with hubby about 2 mins ago for weekly update call... our bricks were delivered yesterday (there was a 2 week delay on Austral's part!). And the granitgard was being done as they speak! Our bricks won't be started on until after Easter break.
ASJ1981
becks81

Hi becks81, SS literally just got off the phone with hubby about 2 mins ago for weekly update call... our bricks were delivered yesterday (there was a 2 week delay on Austral's part!). And the granitgard was being done as they speak! Our bricks won't be started on until after Easter break.

Austral are really slow at delivering at the moment. I should be getting mine tomorrow. race you to the finish
SejaeD
Austral are really slow at delivering at the moment. I should be getting mine tomorrow. race you to the finish

Hahaha sejaeD, apparently Austral can not keep up with the supply and demand
SS had shown us an email from Austral Sales with the estimated delivery time of our brick and it was a 2 week wait! Austral gave us an option of another brick that was available sooner.... it ended up being a blessing in disguise because i was secretly second guessing our original brick choice (we drove around the estate and realised almost every house had the same brick!) And this would be partly due to the fact that our Estate developer wanted medium to dark face bricks
. Anyway, needless to say, we drove down to Austral to check out the other brick and we liked it better!
ASJ1981
SejaeD

SS had shown us an email from Austral Sales with the estimated delivery time of our brick and it was a 2 week wait! Austral gave us an option of another brick that was available sooner.... it ended up being a blessing in disguise because i was secretly second guessing our original brick choice (we drove around the estate and realised almost every house had the same brick!) And this would be partly due to the fact that our Estate developer wanted medium to dark face bricks
. Anyway, needless to say, we drove down to Austral to check out the other brick and we liked it better!

Its funny how these things work out! Glad you got a better choice.

I am just using commons but its still a slow wait. I just realised that I might be ahead of you as my roof went on yesterday. Due to all my problems my build is going slight backwards
becks81
Thanks SejaeD and kks. So we will still need yearly inspections? As in, get a termite inspection along with the usual pest control?

Its not mandatory as with the chemical treatments which require new chemicals each year, but it's a good idea to still have flick come out each year and do a quick visual inspection.

Mine is going in next week which is why I am all over this:)
ASJ1981
SejaeD

I just looked on your blog and I love your new bricks, but couldnt see the original ones
either way your house is going to look amazing
ASJ1981
becks81

That's why i haven't see your brick work start. We finished the first floor brick work and the roof tile! Wait for easter break to complete the second floor brick!
ASJ1981
SejaeD

Just saw your blog update.
We have chosen Wilderness Design - Blackbutt as well and due to start bricks in about 4 weeks I am estimating.
We may have to look for an alternative if the supply side issue continues.
I always had on my wish list the Austral Metallix - Bronze but that was going to cost $13k extra.
I wonder if we have to change, will they throw in a discount...
Stukip
ASJ1981
SejaeD

Just saw your blog update.
We have chosen Wilderness Design - Blackbutt as well and due to start bricks in about 4 weeks I am estimating.
We may have to look for an alternative if the supply side issue continues.
I always had on my wish list the Austral Metallix - Bronze but that was going to cost $13k extra.
I wonder if we have to change, will they throw in a discount...

stukip

I used the Metallix Blackstone I think cost an extra $18k and they also had a slight delay but didn’t affect us as bricklayers were also delayed.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum