Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 719 of 828
😀😀we have Windows😀😀

Despite the weather, we've had piering (Monday), slab plumbing (Tues) and waffle pods (Wednesday) this week, not sure if this is normal but it feels fast. Given the forecast, do you think they will wait until next week to actually pour the slab? And if we negotiate with our SS, can we actually inspect the slab ourselves once it is set? I want to confirm that our back step has been poured with the slab.

We've also had a call this morning from our CSR, production estimators have finally realised that one of our cutouts and louvres for the master balcony doesn't match the others due to the presence of a brick header, they want to make them all the same. We brought this up but left it as we thought it might have been a structural requirement but yes, symmetry would be great thanks!!! Wonder if this will delay things with a variation etc?
becks81
Despite the weather, we've had piering (Monday), slab plumbing (Tues) and waffle pods (Wednesday) this week, not sure if this is normal but it feels fast. Given the forecast, do you think they will wait until next week to actually pour the slab? And if we negotiate with our SS, can we actually inspect the slab ourselves once it is set? I want to confirm that our back step has been poured with the slab.

We've also had a call this morning from our CSR, production estimators have finally realised that one of our cutouts and louvres for the master balcony doesn't match the others due to the presence of a brick header, they want to make them all the same. We brought this up but left it as we thought it might have been a structural requirement but yes, symmetry would be great thanks!!! Wonder if this will delay things with a variation etc?

Hi becks81, i was wondering where you were up to!

So happy for you that your piering was started this week! I agree - it does "feel" fast! We got frames on Tuesday and we did a quick visit yesterday despite the drizzle and can't believe the progress - ground floor frames are up! The forecast is rain all week until early next week so i am not sure if that will stall anything...

When our slab was poured, i think there might have been some sporadic but light showers that day so you may still get a slab today or tomorrow.
ASJ1981
becks81

So happy for you that your piering was started this week! I agree - it does "feel" fast! We got frames on Tuesday and we did a quick visit yesterday despite the drizzle and can't believe the progress - ground floor frames are up! The forecast is rain all week until early next week so i am not sure if that will stall anything...

When our slab was poured, i think there might have been some sporadic but light showers that day so you may still get a slab today or tomorrow.

I’m not sure you would get a slab with storms forecast but you never know. Some things go fast and some things slow. Depends on your house, your site and what order your jobs are scheduled in. There will be some weeks where nothing happens.

For me so far everything has been slow for various reasons like xmas shutdown and waiting on bricklayers but I’m happy with that. Quality wise so far everything has been excellent.

In regards to your rear steps if they have been formed up with timber then they will be poured. If they haven’t then is unlikely.
Manhattan52
ASJ1981
becks81

I’m not sure you would get a slab with storms forecast but you never know. Some things go fast and some things slow. Depends on your house, your site and what order your jobs are scheduled in. There will be some weeks where nothing happens.

For me so far everything has been slow for various reasons like xmas shutdown and waiting on bricklayers but I’m happy with that. Quality wise so far everything has been excellent.

In regards to your rear steps if they have been formed up with timber then they will be poured. If they haven’t then is unlikely.

It’s impossible to tell if they have framed it up from the street. It’s absolut bucketing here so doubt there will be action this week.
Finally had my house demolished! Was a very interesting process. Had a few quotes from recommended demolition companies. Did some due diligence on them. Shortlisted the top 3. In the end, went with the company a few of my relatives recommended. I think they actually did a really good job considering the difficulty of the land and house.

All 3 fences were left in good condition! considering all the large shrubs!

On a separate note, still waiting for the construction plans.

The CSR changed again unfortunately. This is probably the third or fourth time.....
Unfortunately the previous one who suddenly left gave no notice. However, they were extremely responsive in answering or returning calls or emails. I am guessing the current one is busy as they don't normally pick up and the emails take longer to return

Morning all,

We finally saw our fence go up this week. Hoping for some site action soon but the Sydney weather has struck with vengeance this weekend!

Has anyone had any luck with getting a new electrical socket installed during the build? Is this even possible or is it better to do after the build?
Good morning everyone,

Haven't posted in a while. Our demolition was completed at the beginning of the month and clearance certificate sent through, but haven't received any updates from CSR. Our tender expires end of this month, are we safe or will we pay a penalty? I think we have been pegged as I saw them a week ago.

Anyone heard about the the status on the customer portal that W was going to roll out in Feb?
One
Good morning everyone,

Haven't posted in a while. Our demolition was completed at the beginning of the month and clearance certificate sent through, but haven't received any updates from CSR. Our tender expires end of this month, are we safe or will we pay a penalty? I think we have been pegged as I saw them a week ago.

Anyone heard about the the status on the customer portal that W was going to roll out in Feb?

Testing was done Jan/Feb with a limited number of users. Not sure how many but I was one. Wider testing was to follow based on feedback and any amendments. Not sure of actual rollout as a complete finished Portal.
Looked good to me on the beta version I saw.
ASJ1981
becks81

becks81, we're in same stage. Scrape, piers, formwork all done last week. Slab supposed to be this coming week but suspect weather will be an issue. We then have retaining walls going in so you might skip ahead slightly.

Our ground floor frames and first floor frames (that was a tongue twister LOL!) were done last week! SS said in his weekly call last Friday that next week's tasks will be internal plumbing, termite guard installation and also bricks will be delivered next week. Really happy with his communication so far!

We obviously couldnt get out of the car due to the rains and mud! So admiring from afar
Stukip
ASJ1981
becks81

becks81, we're in same stage. Scrape, piers, formwork all done last week. Slab supposed to be this coming week but suspect weather will be an issue. We then have retaining walls going in so you might skip ahead slightly.

How frustrating is this weather!!!!!!???

A friend of ours is constructing a house but instead of waffle pods has black plastic sheets under the reo. Is this just another method of preparing the slab before concreting?
ASJ1981
Our ground floor frames and first floor frames (that was a tongue twister LOL!) were done last week! SS said in his weekly call last Friday that next week's tasks will be internal plumbing, termite guard installation and also bricks will be delivered next week. Really happy with his communication so far!

We obviously couldnt get out of the car due to the rains and mud! So admiring from afar

Such awesome progress, so happy for you. Things are moving fast! You'll be at lock-up in no time! Doesn't look small at all!
becks81
ASJ1981

Such awesome progress, so happy for you. Things are moving fast! You'll be at lock-up in no time! Doesn't look small at all!

Haha thanks becks81! It does seem like it's going fast. But I'm sure it will slow down towards the end - always the way! The first call from our SS was even before slab was done and he did say he had 7 weeks worth of jobs locked in and booked for our build.

How's it all going on your end?
ASJ1981
becks81
ASJ1981

Haha thanks becks81! It does seem like it's going fast. But I'm sure it will slow down towards the end - always the way! The first call from our SS was even before slab was done and he did say he had 7 weeks worth of jobs locked in and booked for our build.

Wow so fast. My frames took 6 weeks because Christmas shutdown was in the middle
ASJ1981
becks81
ASJ1981

All the waffle pods and formwork is in situ and just waiting for the concrete to be poured next week, booked for Tuesday so fingers crossed. I know the frames have been ordered as they had an issue they needed to resolve urgently on Thursday.

Manhattan52 are the bricks delivered and being laid yet???
becks81 yes brick have been going for 5 weeks so far. It’s scheduled to finish this Thursday but weather may delay. Next week brick cure 4 days then brick wash then render on the front

Manhattan52
@becks81 yes brick have been going for 5 weeks so far. It’s scheduled to finish this Thursday but weather may delay. Next week brick cure 4 days then brick wash then render on the front

Wow, this is massive. What size is your block?
Femstar
Manhattan52
@becks81 yes brick have been going for 5 weeks so far. It’s scheduled to finish this Thursday but weather may delay. Next week brick cure 4 days then brick wash then render on the front

2200m2
Manhattan52
Femstar
Manhattan52

2200m2

Nice, that’s more than decent. Will be good to see how everything looks like after completion.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum