Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 717 of 828
Manhattan52 Love the furniture!! Those fireplace chairs are so nice!! I like your style.
ASJ1981
@kvav27 Congrats! Looks great! Love all your colour choices
Enjoy your move!

Thanks 😊
ozmonkeyoy
spk_homebuild
Hello All,
Has anyone got JetMaster Fireplace installed by W. Did the technician come in to show the demo?
Who is the contact point for servicing or issues related to the Fireplace?
We did.
Wisdom organise maintenance with Jetmaster.
We had an issue and it took months for Jetmaster to come out, and i think they only did in the end because we were relentless about it.
There was no demo from Jetmaster or Wisdom, learn as you go.
Good luck.

Thanks ozmonkeyoy . We too have some issues with the fireplace and will contact our Ss to get jetmaster in. May i know what was your issue. For us it is that the fireplace doesnt heat up as much as we saw in the demo during selection. Also the remote does not have any options .

Kvav27
We had PCI yesterday.

overall it was good. We found some issues, but the SS was gracious and confirmed he will get them resolved.

The issues were
1. paint jobs,
2. unclean masonry
3. some misaligned doors to be replaced ,
4. some door sealants , handles, privacy lock.
5. A couple of light provisions missing .a faulty external light.
6. None of the sockets were working, lights in entry & dining also were not working but that was due to some electrical work and ss assured everything will be up and running on handover day.
7. 2 cracks in cornice
8. 1 laminate tile looked bit off
9. slight alignment on shower screens
10. stoppers for shower screen to prevent banging on towel rails
But the main thing is NBN conduit is not done.

some pics i took

Looks good Kvav27 . We also had similar issues. We still have some regarding the masonry. Especially the mortar sealing between doors windows and brick walls.

Kvav27
We had PCI yesterday.

overall it was good. We found some issues, but the SS was gracious and confirmed he will get them resolved.

The issues were
1. paint jobs,
2. unclean masonry
6. None of the sockets were working, lights in entry & dining also were not working but that was due to some electrical work and ss assured everything will be up and running on handover day.
7. 2 cracks in cornice

some pics i took

So nice! I also have the slide opening on the splash back window in the kitchen. Love the flooring you have downstairs. Is that laminate or floor board?
Manhattan52
Manhattan52
becks81
Manhattan52 thanks for that very diplomatic explanation. I know you’ve had such a terrible delay so I shouldn’t complain.

Interestingly, our CSR told us that our SS does not take over until the slab is poured. She said that WH is in charge of the site from excavation until after slab, so this is why I’ve contacted the CSR for this info.

Haha becks81 I did rewrite that a few times some things not so diplomatic! But at the end of the day I’m extremely happy with my SS he is just awesome!

It’s a catch 22 situation isn’t it.
You want to get in there quickly because it’s been your focus for so long especially if you have had a long admin process And it costs so much to be somewhere else but we want quality and care so that takes time. Throw that in the mix with weather and trades availability and it’s really quite a complex thing to manage.
I do get extremely frustrated with the delays but at the end of the day I’m sure it will all work out in the end.

On a lighter note. The majority of my furniture has arrived as most things had such a long lead time.

Here is my dining table with dining chairs ( I have only placed 4 chairs just to see how it looks

Hey Manhattan52, really liking your dining chairs with the white edge piping. May I asked where you got them from?
M4bath
Kvav27
We had PCI yesterday.

The issues were
1. paint jobs,
2. unclean masonry
7. 2 cracks in cornice

some pics i took

So nice! I also have the slide opening on the splash back window in the kitchen. Love the flooring you have downstairs. Is that laminate or floor board?

Thanks, They are preference laminate board in tawny oak (available as upgrade with Wisdom)
M4bath
Manhattan52

On a lighter note. The majority of my furniture has arrived as most things had such a long lead time.

Here is my dining table with dining chairs ( I have only placed 4 chairs just to see how it looks

Hey Manhattan52, really liking your dining chairs with the white edge piping. May I asked where you got them from?

looks beautiful
spk_homebuild
Looks good Kvav27 . We also had similar issues. We still have some regarding the masonry. Especially the mortar sealing between doors windows and brick walls.
spk_homebuild , I am hoping they will work on it. How long did they took for handover?

M4bath Coco Republic are where the dining chairs are from
Manhattan52
@M4bath Coco Republic are where the dining chairs are from

Gorgeous. I bought some furniture from there 8 years ago and it still looks great. I’ve got my eye on some dining chairs from Cult Design.
Hi All,

A question for all who got handover. As for PCI, i understand that you recieve written email from CSR, as for handover, do we also get email from Wisdom. Or is it as per word of mouth from SS?
KDRB question: did you suspend your insurance when WH took over the site or is it safer to keep paying in case there are disputes or ambiguity when a problem or claim arises?
becks81
KDRB question: did you suspend your insurance when WH took over the site or is it safer to keep paying in case there are disputes or ambiguity when a problem or claim arises?

Your insurance should be cancelled as your structure no longer exists. WH has insurance for your build and your CSR should have emailed you the insurance certificates.

You should take out new insurance at PCI.
Hope that helps

Any progress this week on your site?
Manhattan52
becks81

Your insurance should be cancelled as your structure no longer exists. WH has insurance for your build and your CSR should have emailed you the insurance certificates.

Hope that helps

Thanks Manhattan52. I’ve just emailed them for a new Certificate as the one we were sent expired last year. No piering date yet, and just found out our CSR is leaving.

She also said that we should take out insurance at handover, not PCI and wet weather is 2mm of rain.
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Hope that helps

Thanks Manhattan52. I’ve just emailed them for a new Certificate as the one we were sent expired last year. No piering date yet, and just found out our CSR is leaving.

She also said that we should take out insurance at handover, not PCI and wet weather is 2mm of rain.

Did they tell you who your new SS is?
Manhattan52
becks81
Manhattan52

Hope that helps

Did they tell you who your new SS is?

We already knew the name of our SS but there hasn't been official contact yet. I believe they have handed over to each other. We have been assigned a new CSR though.
becks81

Sorry hun, I read your original comment backwards!
Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Not alot of visual difference this week - just external plumbing/drainage. Next step is frames. Hopefully they get delivered early next week!

Manhattan52, have your bricks started?

Becks81, we have the same CSR, looks like I'll be getting a new one too. I haven't been told but I'm guessing because our file is now in Construction that I won't have much communication with CSR now.

A few of the Wisdom builds in our estate are having a really good run. Everytime we visit, there's been really great progress!
ASJ1981
Hi everyone! Happy Friday!

Not alot of visual difference this week - just external plumbing/drainage. Next step is frames. Hopefully they get delivered early next week!

Manhattan52, have your bricks started?

Becks81, we have the same CSR, looks like I'll be getting a new one too. I haven't been told but I'm guessing because our file is now in Construction that I won't have much communication with CSR now.

A few of the Wisdom builds in our estate are having a really good run. Everytime we visit, there's been really great progress!

Happy Friday ASJ1981

Ground floor bricks were done before brickies went to another job. If the weather is Ok they are back tomorrow. Saw my SS yesterday and he said rest of bricks should take another fortnight. I keep forgetting to take photos because I see the site so much! I am mowing the lawns end of next week when my SS is there so will take some then
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum