Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 716 of 828
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81
A week of fine weather and no action has prompted me to think about liquidated damages.

Can I confirm that Day 0 is at Site scrape/excavation? We are still waiting for piering to occur and our CSR hasn't replied to let us know if there is an expected date or what it is yet. Can anyone explain to me what constitutes a wet/rain day, do you count Mon to Fri or Sat?

becks81

I’m pretty sure it’s 5mm of rain or more as per BOM.
I also don’t think they count weekends but I’m not sure. It took us 4 weeks from scrape to slab

Currently week 15 since slab and have had 7 weeks including Christmas shutdown of no action.
My site supervisor is fantastic but we have had no luck with trades and scheduling in some instances

We are waiting on bricklayers to come back and have been told another week and a half. Is quite frustrating after waiting 3 weeks for them to start

It compounds when it costs us $3100 a week to be in our rental and we have been here since last May due to admin issues and delays.

Unfortunately I have to drive past my site every day including weekends for school and weekend sport for my son and it really annoys me when it just sits there.

Thank you Manhattan52. That sounds so frustrating for you! So are you subtracting the 7 weeks and calling it week 8 or will you add it to rain days at the end?

I know a week really isn’t very long but all the little delays are adding up for us and I feel like we are in limbo between CSR and SS, so there is nobody really accountable.

The weeks of no action are part of the build. We are week 15. Your
Site supervisor will be the one to book in your concreter which is why your CSR doesn’t have the info. It will also come down to concreter availability
becks81

I wouldn’t be worrying too much at this stage. Like I said previously mine took 4 weeks from excavation to slab. It took me another 3 weeks from site fence to excavation before that. There is a bit of downtime built in to the timeline. There will be quite a few weeks where nothing happens.

I understand acutely how wasted weeks add up. We are soon about to be 2 years with Wisdom.

I would also not compare your build to one in a new estate. That will just send you crazy

KDRB in my opinion and based on the data I have collected run on a longer timeline. I have stalked about 10 builds by Wisdom on their timelines by week given the information on this forum and have it on a spreadsheet to track my progress like for like.

The new estates progress fly by quick quickly whereas the KDRB have a slightly different process at the beginning.
Manhattan52 thanks for that very diplomatic explanation. I know you’ve had such a terrible delay so I shouldn’t complain.

Interestingly, our CSR told us that our SS does not take over until the slab is poured. She said that WH is in charge of the site from excavation until after slab, so this is why I’ve contacted the CSR for this info.
becks81
@Manhattan52 thanks for that very diplomatic explanation. I know you’ve had such a terrible delay so I shouldn’t complain.

Interestingly, our CSR told us that our SS does not take over until the slab is poured. She said that WH is in charge of the site from excavation until after slab, so this is why I’ve contacted the CSR for this info.

Haha becks81 I did rewrite that a few times some things not so diplomatic! But at the end of the day I’m extremely happy with my SS he is just awesome!

It’s a catch 22 situation isn’t it.
You want to get in there quickly because it’s been your focus for so long especially if you have had a long admin process And it costs so much to be somewhere else but we want quality and care so that takes time. Throw that in the mix with weather and trades availability and it’s really quite a complex thing to manage.
I do get extremely frustrated with the delays but at the end of the day I’m sure it will all work out in the end.
Manhattan52
becks81
@Manhattan52 thanks for that very diplomatic explanation. I know you’ve had such a terrible delay so I shouldn’t complain.

Haha becks81 I did rewrite that a few times some things not so diplomatic! But at the end of the day I’m extremely happy with my SS he is just awesome!

It’s a catch 22 situation isn’t it.
You want to get in there quickly because it’s been your focus for so long especially if you have had a long admin process And it costs so much to be somewhere else but we want quality and care so that takes time. Throw that in the mix with weather and trades availability and it’s really quite a complex thing to manage.
I do get extremely frustrated with the delays but at the end of the day I’m sure it will all work out in the end.

On a lighter note. The majority of my furniture has arrived as most things had such a long lead time.

Here is my dining table with dining chairs ( I have only placed 4 chairs just to see how it looks

Manhattan52, you have amazing taste!! Totally loving that table and chairs!! I don't know about you, but looking at furniture and furnishings have been what's getting me through the waiting period. It's like my therapy. We have slowly bought the little things here and there.

I can't get over your chairs!!
ASJ1981
Manhattan52, you have amazing taste!! Totally loving that table and chairs!! I don't know about you, but looking at furniture and furnishings have been what's getting me through the waiting period. It's like my therapy. We have slowly bought the little things here and there.

They are just Coco Republic chairs. I do love them because they are so comfortable. I have 10 for the table and 5 matching bar stools.

As everything has a different lead time I order it all early and when it’s on sale. I Unpack it to check for any issues once delivered and then repack. Once everything has arrived it all goes into storage in an individual shipping container, it will then get delivered all at once after handover

I don’t have the time or the energy to wait for 30 different deliveries after we have moved in. I know it’s not the easiest way to do it but it works for me Haha!
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

They are just Coco Republic chairs. I do love them because they are so comfortable. I have 10 for the table and 5 matching bar stools.

As everything has a different lead time I order it all early and when it’s on sale. I Unpack it to check for any issues once delivered and then repack. Once everything has arrived it all goes into storage in an individual shipping container, it will then get delivered all at once after handover

I don’t have the time or the energy to wait for 30 different deliveries after we have moved in. I know it’s not the easiest way to do it but it works for me Haha!

One of my favourites is this chair got 2 for my fireplace in the leisure

Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Totally get it and that's a fantastic idea! I have been taking advantage of the sales too, we have only bought soft furnishings from Sheridan and a few kitchen stuff from House. And always on sale. The only big item we have bought so far is our king bed from Snooze because they had a mattress sale (any size for the price of a single!). We couldn't go past the sale as it saved us $1800! Anyway we got lucky too because they are storing it for us until October or whenever we need it!

But I do have my eye on a few furniture pieces! Love Coco Republic! I'm still trying to convince myself to get the bar stools from Globewest that I've been eyeing for about a year now lol!!
Manhattan52, I'm going through some of my photos I saved on my phone and the dining chair from Coco Republic you posted above was one of them!

Also that black occassional chair you posted is similar to the one I had in mind too... I think it's from Poliform.

ASJ1981
Manhattan52, I'm going through some of my photos I saved on my phone and the dining chair from Coco Republic you posted above was one of them!

Also that black occassionally chair you posted is similar to the one I had in mind too... I think it's from Poliform.

Yes the occasional chairs are from Poliform. They are called the Gaston Chair. Took 18 weeks on order
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Also that black occassional chair you posted is similar to the one I had in mind too... I think it's from Poliform.

Yes the occasional chairs are from Poliform. They are called the Gaston Chair. Took 18 weeks on order

Oh wow!! That is awesome! Love them!
Hello All,
Has anyone got JetMaster Fireplace installed by W. Did the technician come in to show the demo?
Who is the contact point for servicing or issues related to the Fireplace?
Kvav27
We had PCI yesterday.

overall it was good. We found some issues, but the SS was gracious and confirmed he will get them resolved.

The issues were
1. paint jobs,
2. unclean masonry
3. some misaligned doors to be replaced ,
4. some door sealants , handles, privacy lock.
5. A couple of light provisions missing .a faulty external light.
6. None of the sockets were working, lights in entry & dining also were not working but that was due to some electrical work and ss assured everything will be up and running on handover day.
7. 2 cracks in cornice
8. 1 laminate tile looked bit off
9. slight alignment on shower screens
10. stoppers for shower screen to prevent banging on towel rails
But the main thing is NBN conduit is not done.

some pics i took

Nice!
What's your driveway profile? We have something similar i think trying to compare.
spk_homebuild
Hello All,
Has anyone got JetMaster Fireplace installed by W. Did the technician come in to show the demo?

Good question! FWI
spk_homebuild
Hello All,
We did.
Wisdom organise maintenance with Jetmaster.
We had an issue and it took months for Jetmaster to come out, and i think they only did in the end because we were relentless about it.
There was no demo from Jetmaster or Wisdom, learn as you go.
Good luck.

ozmonkeyoy
spk_homebuild
Hello All,

We did.
We had an issue and it took months for Jetmaster to come out, and i think they only did in the end because we were relentless about it.
Good luck.

Can you get a demo from the JM showroom though?
becks81
ozmonkeyoy
spk_homebuild
Hello All,

We did.
Good luck.

Can you get a demo from the JM showroom though?
Yes you can if they have the fireplace you want on show.

This is nice. Love it
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Also that black occassionally chair you posted is similar to the one I had in mind too... I think it's from Poliform.

They look really nice
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum