Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 708 of 828
ASJ1981
Hi guys, just wondering what everyone is doing for window dressings? We are North facing and have the master, walk in robe and home office windows at the front of house. I know I definitely want sheers for the master bedroom. But would you add blockout blinds in addition to that? I was thinking uv tint - I want to still be able to see out though...

Oh and the large fixed window on the stairs.... what to do with that?!

I just had to go back through out quotes as it was so long ago now!
We plan on eventually putting in sheer curtains in the master, office and living areas so we opted for roller blinds to be installed with our build. The media and bedrooms have smaller windows which wont need curtains so we opted for plantations shutters in these.
The plan is to tint the front facing windows also (master, upper lounge and office), pending on what $$ we have left over!

Our large window on the stair will have translucent laminate to let the light in but not he neighbours eyes!
Thank you manhattan52 and ninsta for your replies! It's very early days for us and we still have a bit of time to think about it, but it was on my radar this morning so i thought to ask!

The big fixed window on my stairs will be the one i'll agonise over more i think. I want the light as well, but not have the neighbours see in, but i still want to see out. That is why i was leaning towards the tint however at night though when the lights are on, you will be able to see in! Decisions decisions!
calais
ASJ1981
Hi guys, just wondering what everyone is doing for window dressings? We are North facing and have the master, walk in robe and home office windows at the front of house. I know I definitely want sheers for the master bedroom. But would you add blockout blinds in addition to that? I was thinking uv tint - I want to still be able to see out though...

Hi asj1981
Plantation shutters for all windows leave bathrooms without if they are translucent glass(personal choice)
Stairs glass might be in 3 sections so many options you can have (vertical,venitian or roller)but my preference is translucent for that window. You won't see neighbours through such a large window and you still get light coming through.

Thank you Calais! All my bathrooms have translucent glazing so will leave that as is. Luckily we have some time to think about it!
i need to think of the stair window as well!
My husband said no one will watch your stairs~~
ASJ1981
calais
ASJ1981

Hi asj1981
Plantation shutters for all windows leave bathrooms without if they are translucent glass(personal choice)
Stairs glass might be in 3 sections so many options you can have (vertical,venitian or roller)but my preference is translucent for that window. You won't see neighbours through such a large window and you still get light coming through.

Thank you Calais! All my bathrooms have translucent glazing so will leave that as is. Luckily we have some time to think about it!
ASJ1981

Hi ASJ1981,
Have you considered Veri Shades. They give a sheer look but also can be made translucent, similar to a vertical blind. That's what we are going for on the larger windows and doors.

ml117
ASJ1981

Hi ASJ1981,
Have you considered Veri Shades. They give a sheer look but also can be made translucent, similar to a vertical blind. That's what we are going for on the larger windows and doors.

Hi ml117, yes I actually have heard of them! I saw a post on Instagram awhile back and remember taking a screen shot - thanks for reminding me! I will definitely look into this as well! Thank you!!

Edit: I just Googled it again. Veri Shades looks pretty awesome! If I use it in my Master bedroom which is in front of house, it will save me from having to buy both sheers and blockout blinds as the Veri Shades act as both. It is also has uv protection and fade resistant which would work really well in our North facing window.
NickMutch
becks81
NickMutch
Sorry another post!

I am building in Brighton Le Sands and there is another Wisdom home being built currently at slab stage around the corner - perhaps we can touch base and share stories?

Hi and Welcome! Good to hear there are a few more in the StG area. There is one in Sams Spuci but I haven’t driven past since before Xmas, they must be post lock up by now.

I’m not your neighbour but I’m in Hurstville.

Good luck with your DA, we didn’t need DA but our demo company handled everything.

Thanks Becks! It’s been a process with Council!

Whoa sorry about the typos! My phone is not allowing me to see what I am typing. That should have said Sans Souci
How many cat6 do I need for a double story house?
Don’t use the internet much for work, just social

Plan on having CCTV so I think I need a dedicated one for that.
Steven155
How many cat6 do I need for a double story house?
Don’t use the internet much for work, just social

Plan on having CCTV so I think I need a dedicated one for that.
How many cameras do u want? I have one in my office for the modem and 5 for my cameras. That's all I really need as everything else is wireless

ASJ1981
ml117
ASJ1981

Hi ASJ1981,

Hi ml117, yes I actually have heard of them! I saw a post on Instagram awhile back and remember taking a screen shot - thanks for reminding me! I will definitely look into this as well! Thank you!!

Edit: I just Googled it again. Veri Shades looks pretty awesome! If I use it in my Master bedroom which is in front of house, it will save me from having to buy both sheers and blockout blinds as the Veri Shades act as both. It is also has uv protection and fade resistant which would work really well in our North facing window.
They're pretty pricey but they are 2 in one. I like them and they are very easy to use, however I prefer a ceiling mounted sheer. Looks alot better.

ASJ1981

Hi, we translaminated and double glazed the large window in the stairwell. Hope this lets the light come in and keeps the heat out. 🙏🏼
If not than may have to look at window dressing later.
ASJ1981

We did a mix of roller blinds and plantation shutters. Still saving for sheer curtains for the 2 lounge rooms.
Personally I like to be able to sleep in darkness so need blockout.
Definitely have something to keep the sun out on all windows except south facing ones. The fixed window you could have a motorised blind there.

MIM11
Hi, we translaminated and double glazed the large window in the stairwell. Hope this lets the light come in and keeps the heat out. 🙏🏼
If not than may have to look at window dressing later.

mim11 - for the stairs, I was hoping to find a really good company that offers window tinting where you can still see out but neighbours can't see in AND have UV protection as well. It's not too much to ask, i don't think
I know that with window tinting, at night when lights are on, your neigbours can see in though
MandM+4
ASJ1981

We did a mix of roller blinds and plantation shutters. Still saving for sheer curtains for the 2 lounge rooms.
Definitely have something to keep the sun out on all windows except south facing ones. The fixed window you could have a motorised blind there.

Thanks MandM+4, i am a vampire so i really really do like my dark rooms sometimes
, especially in the bedrooms so we will most likely go with blockouts and sheers for the front rooms... The fixed window in the stairs will either be a blockout (motorised) as you and Manhattan52 suggested or a window tint...

What did you guys do for the kicthen and butler's pantry window splashback?
ASJ1981
MandM+4
ASJ1981

Thanks MandM+4, i am a vampire so i really really do like my dark rooms sometimes
, especially in the bedrooms so we will most likely go with blockouts and sheers for the front rooms... The fixed window in the stairs will either be a blockout (motorised) as you and Manhattan52 suggested or a window tint...

What did you guys do for the kicthen and butler's pantry window splashback?

We don’t have the window splashback but I wouldn’t do anything there. Can neighbours really see much through it?

You could do a more mid-weight fabric for curtains instead of sheers, might eliminate the need for block out (as north facing window will be light but not glary)
I’ve noticed freedom have quite nice curtains.

we got slab stage completed today!
Hi guys,

May I know where the ac outlet was made for you in the dining? We build Majestic 35. They have made the outlet in the walkway and didn’t even let us know about it and we too didn’t notice too.But in the Aircon plan it is in the dining closer to the window. The ultra air technicians are saying different reasons. Someone please reply. We got keys on 12th Dec.

Thanks
Hi All,

We are still waiting and have no information about PCI, moreover when we went to the site today I got worried about couple if finishing details.

The grouting or finishing in here in these pictures looks very poor. Is this normal?

Also below the outside step

There is broken pieces of concrete and again us this normal finishing?
Kvav27
Hi All,

We are still waiting and have no information about PCI, moreover when we went to the site today I got worried about couple if finishing details.

The grouting or finishing in here in these pictures looks very poor. Is this normal?

Also below the outside step

There is broken pieces of concrete and again us this normal finishing?

All normal.

Might be silly question.. sorry in advance! With the placements of bedside pendant lights, our electrical consultant noted the electrical plans and based it on queen bed measurements. Can this be changed during construction - have now changed our minds and want to go king size (dream big hey!)
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum