Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 705 of 828
aaron2008
here you go

singalg - I got the name of my lock in the color selection schedule under External Door Furniture.

Search :- LANE MORTISE PLUS 2 x 600MM BACK TO BACK BAR HANDLE COMBO INCLUDING SNIB LOCK

That is External and Internal view with Knob .

Your may be different but you will know the specs if you find out the name of the product and search!

I have the same model listed in my colours. I'm sure there is a knob on our door to allow you to lock it from the inside without a key.
Hey guys,
For those who are having issues with your build - big or small, i hope you get them sorted out as swiftly as possible! It must be disappointing when you feel like you aren't being heard or that things are not going to plan

It does make me feel nervous and weary going into the Construction stage - i thought the Admin stage was hard, can't imagine the Construction stage when you really really have to be extra vigilant. From a lot of the things i read, i think it really does boil down to your SS and the tradies working on your build (which makes me want to hire Keith The Foreman from The Block
).

On Instagram, i am following a fellow WH build, during the Christmas "shutdown", they were posting pics of their build - meaning there were tradies working around the clock on their house! They got lucky - they got a slab in December and their bricks and roof is already done (they are building 2 storey)...
Manhattan52
amf139
Manhattan52
I think it depends on your site supervisor. I have to drive past mine 4 times a day on a weekday so I see mine daily but usually don’t go in unless there is something I want to see. My SS however is a superstar and gives me a pretty detailed update so I usually know in advance what should be happening most days.

I believe we had the same SS. He is a superstar!

I know your build is in great hands!

Hi amf139 hope all is well? Yes we have the same as you did. Definitely exceeding expectations!

Very well thanks M52! We are enjoying our new house... not enjoying the unpacking so much! We've almost finished our landscaping which wasn't the most pleasant in January's heat.

Looking forward to seeing your posts this year!
My neighbor they done the slab stage before Christmas,they just start the frame stage from last week!
ASJ1981
Hey guys,
For those who are having issues with your build - big or small, i hope you get them sorted out as swiftly as possible! It must be disappointing when you feel like you aren't being heard or that things are not going to plan

It does make me feel nervous and weary going into the Construction stage - i thought the Admin stage was hard, can't imagine the Construction stage when you really really have to be extra vigilant. From a lot of the things i read, i think it really does boil down to your SS and the tradies working on your build (which makes me want to hire Keith The Foreman from The Block
).

On Instagram, i am following a fellow WH build, during the Christmas "shutdown", they were posting pics of their build - meaning there were tradies working around the clock on their house! They got lucky - they got a slab in December and their bricks and roof is already done (they are building 2 storey)...
Hey All,

Been a while since i've posted. We have knocked down our house already. But hit an issue with hydraulics, need to retain 12,000L (2x 6,000 tanks). After much going back and fw we can reduce this by adding a retaining wall at the front and creating flat natural catchment.

Just FYI in case others have the same issue, there are multiple ways (we found) to reduce the gigantic tanks required.
stevezau
Hey All,

Been a while since i've posted. We have knocked down our house already. But hit an issue with hydraulics, need to retain 12,000L (2x 6,000 tanks). After much going back and fw we can reduce this by adding a retaining wall at the front and creating flat natural catchment.

Just FYI in case others have the same issue, there are multiple ways (we found) to reduce the gigantic tanks required.

Seems like a Huge requirement

What drives it?

Chompy
stevezau
Hey All,

Seems like a Huge requirement

What drives it?

Ryde Council.
Hi all,

Can anyone help us solve a mystery?

We have our kitchen plans and have noticed our upper cabinets sit 700mm of the bench. I found this to be a little high, so hit the display homes to see.

All the cabinets sit 600-650 yet told 700mm is the standard.

We have a window as the splash back which is 700mm so this may be why. However I don’t know if the window is 700mm including frame and seal so the glass pane is really only 600-650mm.

Does anyone have a 700mm window splashback and know the actual height from the bench top the the bottom of the upper cabinetry is.

Also what the height is from your floor to the top of the stone?
MIM11
Hi all,

We have our kitchen plans and have noticed our upper cabinets sit 700mm of the bench. I found this to be a little high, so hit the display homes to see.

We have a window as the splash back which is 700mm so this may be why. However I don’t know if the window is 700mm including frame and seal so the glass pane is really only 600-650mm.

Does anyone have a 700mm window splashback and know the actual height from the bench top the the bottom of the upper cabinetry is.

Hi, we have a window splashback and from benchtop to upper cabinets, ours is also 700m.

From our floor to top of stone, it is 930mm.

Our ceilings are 2.74m high.
MIM11
Hi all,

Our window splashback is 560mm high from benchtop. Our cupboards sit 680mm above benchtop and find its a little high for me. I am 165cm tall, we have under cupboard lights installed, so lose another 80mm there. Top of benchtop is 900mm from floor.
aaron2008
here you go

singalg - I got the name of my lock in the color selection schedule under External Door Furniture.

Search :- LANE MORTISE PLUS 2 x 600MM BACK TO BACK BAR HANDLE COMBO INCLUDING SNIB LOCK

Your may be different but you will know the specs if you find out the name of the product and search!

Thanks a lot aaron2008, you guys are champs! Have to pick up my battle with W on this, as my SS is very convinced that they have fully installed it, I.e., without snib lock!
Will add it to 3 months checklist!
jqcc0
aaron2008
here you go

I have the same model listed in my colours. I'm sure there is a knob on our door to allow you to lock it from the inside without a key.

Thanks jqcc0 and chompy, that was very helpful !
ASJ1981
MIM11
Hi all,

Hi, we have a window splashback and from benchtop to upper cabinets, ours is also 700m.

From our floor to top of stone, it is 930mm.

Our ceilings are 2.74m high.

Thankyou for your reply! Is your kitchen built, how do you find the height between bench and cupboards?
amf139
MIM11
Hi all,

Our window splashback is 560mm high from benchtop. Our cupboards sit 680mm above benchtop and find its a little high for me. I am 165cm tall, we have under cupboard lights installed, so lose another 80mm there. Top of benchtop is 900mm from floor.

Hi, Thankyou for your reply! I am also 165cm so am worried it’s to high. We also have light boxes in the cupboard.
What size is your window? Would you have a picture at how the window will look with the frame?
MIM11
amf139
MIM11
Hi all,

Hi, Thankyou for your reply! I am also 165cm so am worried it’s to high. We also have light boxes in the cupboard.
What size is your window? Would you have a picture at how the window will look with the frame?

our site has been cleaned today,now wait for the slab stage
We went to see our site yesterday expecting a fence and portaloo... but they put it on the wrong land - it's on our neighbors land
Our neighbors lot is still for sale/on the market and haven't gone through Council or CDC so I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be put up on their land... I'll make a phone call first thing because I'm afraid they'll start doing the cut/fill and land leveling etc etc on the wrong lot :/
jqcc0
Just posting a progress pic - I think we are around week 29 of the build. Looking forward to the scaffolding coming down and tiling to start (still not convinced of the external colour but will see how it looks once the painting is finished). Stairs and Kitchen went in before Christmas.

Love the facade, we are also using the Hamptons facade!
ASJ1981
We went to see our site yesterday expecting a fence and portaloo... but they put it on the wrong land - it's on our neighbors land
Our neighbors lot is still for sale/on the market and haven't gone through Council or CDC so I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant to be put up on their land... I'll make a phone call first thing because I'm afraid they'll start doing the cut/fill and land leveling etc etc on the wrong lot :/

Omg!!
twolittlepeas
ASJ1981

Omg!!

twolittlepeas, i know right! My CSR is on holidays so i spoke to someone else and she has notified the Production Estimating Team. Hopefully it gets rectified asap!
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum