Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 704 of 828
eagle1
Hi kvav27

I totally understand what you are going through. I am still waiting for the PCI defects Inspection 8 months after handover and it's still not done. I totally disappointed with this builder and wouldn't recommend Wisdom Homes to anyone. There are too many defects because they are only interested in collecting money from their customers and that's it.

After repeated requests, I still have my garage filled with building material, though we had handover mid December. My cars still parked outside despite having a garage, and with other works in progress such as landscaping, it's been a nightmare managing all around it, no one seems to be listening!
Kvav27
Hi All,

We are very close to PCI since December 15th, 2018.
My SS has been very good in giving updates every weekend.
But since after the holidays when only a couple of things look to be remaining, i see weeks of no activity, Since18 Jan 2019, i see my house dragging with no big change.

Our understanding is only below items are remaining and they are still not done:
-Splash-back
- Finishings touches
- House Cleaning

I am not a builder and might not know great deal, but all this is making me unsettled. As first time builders we did not see during contract signing what was the number of days Wisdom needs to inform us about PCI. It seems its only 6 days. so they said they have to only inform us 6 days before PCI.
We also did not see how much fine they would pay for every day of delay (which i think was left at default which is $15).

Also I have one more concern, We had 2 linear air con vents in living area. While all the rest of vents are done, this is not. And I am worried why not.

Did any one had this kind of experience. Also My SS who was giving me exact updates seems to be giving me very tentative words like near PCI and no exact dates. It seems we are just put on hold while Wisdom is finishing other projects or working on new ones. This is making my Wisdom experience really very bad.

^^^ . @wisdomHomes

We had similar experience towards the end. Weeks of no action with very ambiguous updates and no clear comms. I would have expected handovers to be better than that. Patience was only virtue.
singalg

Hi everyone, a question about inside door lock for main entrance, my main entrance is missing the knob that I can turn to lock it from inside, is that how it should be?
My SS tells me that's how it is and the door lock does not come with knob, but I remember seeing it in some photos here.

Here is a wisdom front door. Differnt lock from yours so not sure if you can compare.
MIM11
singalg

Hi everyone, a question about inside door lock for main entrance, my main entrance is missing the knob that I can turn to lock it from inside, is that how it should be?
My SS tells me that's how it is and the door lock does not come with knob, but I remember seeing it in some photos here.

Here is a wisdom front door. Differnt lock from yours so not sure if you can compare.

MIM11
MIM11
singalg

Thanks a lot Mim11! Looks like this is the photo of display home. I am more keen to see a picture of door lock for a customer as that gives a more real idea vs a display home, and also, I am after the picture of (internal) lock from inside of house. Thanks for help though
Hi Singalg Regarding the driveway landscape they constructed a curved and sloppy one with no expension joint next to the house and no sealer. Wisdom landscapes didn't follow the driveway plan which I paid for. They didn't respect my concerns before the concrete was poured. I wanted to discuss with them what my concerns were but they didn't even want to hear about it. They don't respect their customers when it comes to doing quality work but they do respect us when they ask for a fortune to do the job. I am so glad that I didn't want any other jobs from them except for the driveway only.
Hi Singalg Regarding the driveway landscape they constructed a curved and sloppy one with no expension joint next to the house and no sealer. Wisdom landscapes didn't follow the driveway plan which I paid for. They didn't respect my concerns before the concrete was poured. I wanted to discuss with them what my concerns were but they didn't even want to hear about it. They don't respect their customers when it comes to doing quality work but they do respect us when they ask for a fortune to do the job. I am so glad that I didn't want any other jobs from them except for the driveway only.
Hi Singalg your lock is completely wrong it should be exactly like on display my one is the same like in display on my house everything is the same like on display
singalg
MIM11
MIM11
[quote="singalg"]

Thanks a lot Mim11! Looks like this is the photo of display home. I am more keen to see a picture of door lock for a customer as that gives a more real idea vs a display home, and also, I am after the picture of (internal) lock from inside of house. Thanks for help though
[/quote]Here is ours ; no internal lever

Manhattan52
Funk52
This may have been mentioned somewhere already but just wondering how often you can go on site to inspect the house while its under construction? Obviously this will depend on the site supervisor's availability, but in general how often is this likely to be?

Our new build is on the same street we live in so I will want to inspect the property as frequently as possible.

I think it depends on your site supervisor. I have to drive past mine 4 times a day on a weekday so I see mine daily but usually don’t go in unless there is something I want to see. My SS however is a superstar and gives me a pretty detailed update so I usually know in advance what should be happening most days.

I believe we had the same SS. He is a superstar!

I know your build is in great hands!
Thanks ozmonkeyoy, looks like its the same lock that MIM11 also posted. I have seen a few different locks on here now, not sure if the difference is mainly just to availability or individual choices/upgrades.
amf139
Manhattan52
Funk52
This may have been mentioned somewhere already but just wondering how often you can go on site to inspect the house while its under construction? Obviously this will depend on the site supervisor's availability, but in general how often is this likely to be?

Our new build is on the same street we live in so I will want to inspect the property as frequently as possible.

I think it depends on your site supervisor. I have to drive past mine 4 times a day on a weekday so I see mine daily but usually don’t go in unless there is something I want to see. My SS however is a superstar and gives me a pretty detailed update so I usually know in advance what should be happening most days.

I believe we had the same SS. He is a superstar!

I know your build is in great hands!

Hi amf139 hope all is well? Yes we have the same as you did. Definitely exceeding expectations!
singalg
Thanks ozmonkeyoy, looks like its the same lock that MIM11 also posted. I have seen a few different locks on here now, not sure if the difference is mainly just to availability or individual choices/upgrades.

I have no idea about your lock but maybe email your pic to the CQ consultant that you picked your locks with? They should know what your lock and lever mechanism should look like.
eagle1
Hi kvav27

I totally understand what you are going through. I am still waiting for the PCI defects Inspection 8 months after handover and it's still not done. I totally disappointed with this builder and wouldn't recommend Wisdom Homes to anyone. There are too many defects because they are only interested in collecting money from their customers and that's it.

Hi,
Did you chase this up? Sorry if that’s a silly question. It’s just we had our maintenance inspection and then nothing happened for months until we chased them up. Then most of the defect repairs happened all on the one scheduled day soon after.
Nothing has happened since so I’ll need to email them with a list of what still needs to be done.

Kvav27
Hi All,

We are very close to PCI since December 15th, 2018.
My SS has been very good in giving updates every weekend.
But since after the holidays when only a couple of things look to be remaining, i see weeks of no activity, Since18 Jan 2019, i see my house dragging with no big change.

Our understanding is only below items are remaining and they are still not done:
-Splash-back
- Finishings touches
- House Cleaning

I am not a builder and might not know great deal, but all this is making me unsettled. As first time builders we did not see during contract signing what was the number of days Wisdom needs to inform us about PCI. It seems its only 6 days. so they said they have to only inform us 6 days before PCI.
We also did not see how much fine they would pay for every day of delay (which i think was left at default which is $15).

Also I have one more concern, We had 2 linear air con vents in living area. While all the rest of vents are done, this is not. And I am worried why not.

Did any one had this kind of experience. Also My SS who was giving me exact updates seems to be giving me very tentative words like near PCI and no exact dates. It seems we are just put on hold while Wisdom is finishing other projects or working on new ones. This is making my Wisdom experience really very bad.

^^^ . @wisdomHomes

hi kvav27

It seems I may be in a similar position to you, everything was going well before xmas shutdown, but since they have been back, it was a bit of slow with the smaller jobs that need to be done.

Also, I suggest that you tell your SS about the missing air con vents ASAP. Hopefully he can get it rectified without much delay. We noticed missing lights in our kitchen and façade last week, so our SS said he will get it sorted right away.

I'm unsure about PCI notice period. Give your SS a call to see if he can confirm the date. Last week, we were told to book a tentative date for PCI for this Friday. I'm planning to call my SS tomorrow to confirm. Can't complain about delays on our end. We are at week 22 of our build (excluding 3 weeks xmas shutdown) so we are actually 6 weeks ahead of schedule.
singalg - Still adjusting with the new travel so forgot to get that picture. Yes if it is inside you should definitely have a knob to turn n lock from inside (casually) & key hole for double bolt. Hole in any case in unacceptable!

In this situation I will check my end panel to get the exact brand and model of the lock. & then I will search the picture and send it to SS. Also raise this in your three months defect.

I am bit upset that SS waves off defects like this! Will post pic tomo
kvav27 & the rest - During holidays trade are hard to get, so I am not surprised there are issues with PCI.

Also please note few things missing here and there are always for a reason. I know I was concern about two glass panels missing from the stairs. I always thought they came with defect and new ones are on order and had sleepless nights however when I inquired I was told that panels will be fitted after the staining of the stairs.

I am not going to talk about the gaps that make me super cranky which were all silicon-ed in 30 mins max.

I had a change of SS. I emailed him list of items that I see required and needed so he do not miss anything. It worked. Every week he would tell me what is complete and what will be complete next. I am sure I posted that list here sometime in Oct
Now it all sounds very silly!

Stay in touch and let your SS know your situations like for me it was kids school change and the total fee i had to pay even if they attend one day of new term. For you it may be rental agreement or getting ready to sell. Keep SS informed.
here you go

singalg - I got the name of my lock in the color selection schedule under External Door Furniture.

Search :- LANE MORTISE PLUS 2 x 600MM BACK TO BACK BAR HANDLE COMBO INCLUDING SNIB LOCK

That is External and Internal view with Knob .

Your may be different but you will know the specs if you find out the name of the product and search!

aaron2008
here you go

singalg - I got the name of my lock in the color selection schedule under External Door Furniture.

Search :- LANE MORTISE PLUS 2 x 600MM BACK TO BACK BAR HANDLE COMBO INCLUDING SNIB LOCK

That is External and Internal view with Knob .

Your may be different but you will know the specs if you find out the name of the product and search!

should be a knob inside right

The Knob! rem to google your lock specs as mentioned in Color schedule
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum