Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 696 of 828
ASJ1981
Our Construction Plans should be arriving end of the week or early next week. Makes me nervous because I don't want to miss anything! Does the Final End Panel come in soon after we sign off on the Plans?

They shouldn’t be too far off your construction plans. Your constructions plans pretty much look like your submission plans.
Just take it room by room and then get a second pair of eyes on them to recheck.
MIM11
jqcc0
We included the groove cutout so the water has somewher to go. There are rollup drying racks available which we will probably also use on top of the grooves when required. Depends on your lifestyle I guess and how often you wash stuff up by hand.

Thankyou for your reply! I think practicality we’ll need one.

We didn't need one in our previous house, I have a drying rack that has a spout which drains any excess water into the sink. I didn't like the thought of having water in constant contact with the stone (but I actually have no factual evidence that this is bad or will cause staining, haha). We opted not to get a quote for this as a custom trough for the powder was in excess of $7k so I didn't think a groove cut-out would be very cheap. I might be wrong but we had already asked for many things to be requoted without penalty so I didn't want to stretch the friendship with my lovely CQ kitchen consultant. I'd be very interested in how much it costs in the end for you.
We are getting a single concrete step off the alfresco poured with the slab, it's not in the original contract plan but we have a post-contract variation for it and it's in the DEP. Can anyone please tell me if and where it would be shown on the construction plans?
Manhattan52
ASJ1981
Our Construction Plans should be arriving end of the week or early next week. Makes me nervous because I don't want to miss anything! Does the Final End Panel come in soon after we sign off on the Plans?

They shouldn’t be too far off your construction plans. Your constructions plans pretty much look like your submission plans.
Just take it room by room and then get a second pair of eyes on them to recheck.

Hi Manhattan52, I'm awaiting my 3rd set of construction plans and another PCV for something that wasn't included, I've gone through room by room, reconciled what measurements I could, windows, doors, the bathrooms and the fittings that are shown, etc. Is there anything else specific you can suggest to look out for? I don't have the expertise to notice if there are enough EJ's or DP's for instance.
becks81
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

Hi Manhattan52, I'm awaiting my 3rd set of construction plans and another PCV for something that wasn't included, I've gone through room by room, reconciled what measurements I could, windows, doors, the bathrooms and the fittings that are shown, etc. Is there anything else specific you can suggest to look out for? I don't have the expertise to notice if there are enough EJ's or DP's for instance.

Oh man. What is EJ and DP?! I have seen it on my plan too!
ASJ1981
becks81
Manhattan52

Oh man. What is EJ and DP?! I have seen it on my plan too!

I assumed they stood for Electrical Junction and Down Pipe???
becks81"[quote="becks81
Manhattan52

Oh man. What is EJ and DP?! I have seen it on my plan too![/quote]
I assumed they stood for Electrical Junction and Down Pipe???[/quote]

Your down pipes will be as per your hydraulics plan. I wouldn’t worry too much about that unless you have some in a bad spot? With the diplomat facade I had one on the left hand side corner and got them to move it within the brick piers itself.

If you have a fireplace make sure you check the flue position that’s something that gets snuck in and easy t
becks81
MIM11
jqcc0
We included the groove cutout so the water has somewher to go. There are rollup drying racks available which we will probably also use on top of the grooves when required. Depends on your lifestyle I guess and how often you wash stuff up by hand.

We didn't need one in our previous house, I have a drying rack that has a spout which drains any excess water into the sink. I didn't like the thought of having water in constant contact with the stone (but I actually have no factual evidence that this is bad or will cause staining, haha). We opted not to get a quote for this as a custom trough for the powder was in excess of $7k so I didn't think a groove cut-out would be very cheap. I might be wrong but we had already asked for many things to be requoted without penalty so I didn't want to stretch the friendship with my lovely CQ kitchen consultant. I'd be very interested in how much it costs in the end for you.

The charge is in two parts.
You can have just the outline or just the groves. Or you can have both. Does that make sense?

MIM11
becks81
MIM11

The charge is in two parts.
You can have just the outline or just the groves. Or you can have both. Does that make sense?

[/quote]

In my house I just demolished the kitchen was 5 years old and the grooves were all stained. To be honest probably had something to do with me as it was always wet and I never wiped it down so in my butlers kitchen I am putting in this sink so I don’t have that issue. May have also been the ceaserstone colour which was like a mushroom type colour.

Yes,we just signed the final end panel today! it's sent to us just 2 or 3days after construction plan! Now we need to wait for bank to approve the loan and sent the approved loan amount to wisdom ( our tender going to expire the end of this month! Must finish everything next week)
ASJ1981
melindaz
Yes,we just signed the final end panel today! it's sent to us just 2 or 3days after construction plan! Now we need to wait for bank to approve the loan and sent the approved loan amount to wisdom ( our tender going to expire the end of this month! Must finish everything next week)
ASJ1981

Our Tender Expires today!! We got Formal Approval yesterday! I sent the Formal Approval letter from bank directly to the Customer Service Manager - we have been dealing with her the last week or so. So technically we just made it, right?!
ASJ1981
melindaz
ASJ1981

Our Tender Expires today!! We got Formal Approval yesterday! I sent the Formal Approval letter from bank directly to the Customer Service Manager - we have been dealing with her the last week or so. So technically we just made it, right?!

I’m pretty sure you have to be in production estimates. I don’t know if they take the break into consideration. Would be something you need to ask
I’m pretty sure you have to be in production estimates. I don’t know if they take the break into consideration. Would be something you need to ask[/quote]

That's true! Will need to talk this out with the CSM. There were delays with DEP because our CSR had not actioned it in time. Took two weeks to give me a Variation for a bath spout which delayed the DEP. Was just a domino effect after that!
ASJ1981
I’m pretty sure you have to be in production estimates. I don’t know if they take the break into consideration. Would be something you need to ask

That's true! Will need to talk this out with the CSM. There were delays with DEP because our CSR had not actioned it in time. Took two weeks to give me a Variation for a bath spout which delayed the DEP. Was just a domino effect after that![/quote]

Hopefully all ok. 2 weeks for a variation is pretty standard though
doosra
Almost one month in and it's all coming together. Just need some artwork for some finishing touches..

Looks beautiful.
Is the round mirror in bathroom an upgrade option....if so how much?
Sorry, me again! Our land was pegged out this week...can anyone tell me what these markings mean? Just out of interest

becks81
Sorry, me again! Our land was pegged out this week...can anyone tell me what these markings mean? Just out of interest

Means 3 metres off set. Your slabs 4 corners will be 3 metres off the pegs

When your land is benched/scraped ( whatever needs doing) it will be measured from the pegs. Same as the slab.
becks81

3metres from the corner of the slab I think

Manhattan52
becks81

When your land is benched/scraped ( whatever needs doing) it will be measured from the pegs. Same as the slab.

Thanks Manhattan52! Is that 3m on a diagonal or 3m in on the vertical and/or horizontal?
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Thanks Manhattan52! Is that 3m on a diagonal or 3m in on the vertical and/or horizontal?

Should be from where the peg is facing, the side where the writing is.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum