Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 694 of 828
Hi All:
As your experience,did Wisdoms arrange you to attend inspection during each stage?When the site superviser will contact you and give you building schedule?
My job is currently at frame stage and I revive invoice for payment.But my frame upstairs still sitting on the front yard.I don’t believe bank will release payment if the job haven’t been completed.I replayed email back to them and tell what’s happening.
Does anyone know when the site will back to work?or they still on hiliday?

Thanks
Home_17
Hi All:
As your experience,did Wisdoms arrange you to attend inspection during each stage?When the site superviser will contact you and give you building schedule?
My job is currently at frame stage and I revive invoice for payment.But my frame upstairs still sitting on the front yard.I don’t believe bank will release payment if the job haven’t been completed.I replayed email back to them and tell what’s happening.

Thanks

I am also at frame stage and I believe carpenters are back to work next Monday 14th however that may depend on your particular contractor.
Thanks Manhattan52

It’s looks we got very close timeframe.
Manhattan52
Home_17
Hi All:

Thanks

I am also at frame stage and I believe carpenters are back to work next Monday 14th however that may depend on your particular contractor.
Home_17
Thanks Manhattan52

It’s looks we got very close timeframe.
Manhattan52
Home_17
Hi All:

Thanks

Yes definitely pretty much the same timeline. My first floor frames and windows are still on the ground. We started frames on 12th December
We are currently waiting on Construction Plans. We just got an email from Landscaping asking us to sign and send back our finalised plans (with DA stipulations) but we sent them back on Dec 1! Will this delay things if they haven't processed them in all this time?
becks81
We are currently waiting on Construction Plans. We just got an email from Landscaping asking us to sign and send back our finalised plans (with DA stipulations) but we sent them back on Dec 1! Will this delay things if they haven't processed them in all this time?

Not at all Becks. They are a separated page to your construction plans. How did your demo go? All ok?
Manhattan52
becks81

Not at all Becks. They are a separated page to your construction plans. How did your demo go? All ok?

Thanks for your reassurance, yet again, Manhattan52.

Demo is pretty much complete. Apparently just waiting for level off tomorrow? There was a little bit of rain just before Christmas and this delayed things a little.

If we take a couple of days to go through the construction plans and demo is complete, Ca WH do their site check etc concurrently or will they not move until they receive our signed construction plans?
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Thanks for your reassurance, yet again, Manhattan52.

Demo is pretty much complete. Apparently just waiting for level off tomorrow? There was a little bit of rain just before Christmas and this delayed things a little.

If we take a couple of days to go through the construction plans and demo is complete, Ca WH do their site check etc concurrently or will they not move until they receive our signed construction plans?

Wisdom wouldn’t start my construction plans until site check was done, I am assuming in case of any major level changes

I just checked my dates to see if this helps. Every stage I have had a hurdle so I am sure yours would be quicker

31/8 site check
24/9 construction plans
27/9 end panel
5/10 production estimates
25/10 excavation
16/11 slab
Manhattan52,
Interested in your thoughts.

We are near complete on Demo. Demo company have suggested they can excavate rear for us towards the Landscape levels Wisdom will do anyway. 58tonnes est- Much cheaper per Truck & Dog load than Wisdom.

But we have already advised Wisdom to do the rear excavate and take away. Although Final End Panel not yet signed as Wisdom waiting on Demo Certificate.
1. If I get Demo team to excavate will I get credit for the Landscape excavation Wisdom were going to do given EP not signed?
2. Will this be classed as a significant site level change and what would this mean?
Stukip
Manhattan52,
Interested in your thoughts.

We are near complete on Demo. Demo company have suggested they can excavate rear for us towards the Landscape levels Wisdom will do anyway. 58tonnes est- Much cheaper per Truck & Dog load than Wisdom.

But we have already advised Wisdom to do the rear excavate and take away. Although Final End Panel not yet signed as Wisdom waiting on Demo Certificate.
1. If I get Demo team to excavate will I get credit for the Landscape excavation Wisdom were going to do given EP not signed?
2. Will this be classed as a significant site level change and what would this mean?

Is the landscape excavation from Wisdom a PA estimate or an actual variation on your DEP?

Is it for a pool or retaining walls that Wisdom is doing or back yard type area.
Can you Post on here or PM your site plan to show me the area you are talking about? Also who is your demo company

Actual variation in DEP. Final EP not yet seen as Wisdom waiting on post Demo site check.
Pool one side of rear with other side to be cut (max 800mm) to be level with pool RL.
Was thinking Demo Co could do a partial cut to get closer to the RL to save some cash.
Retaing walls are draft only for submission purposes.
Demo Co = AtoZ Demolition. All good experiences so far.
Stukip

Actual variation in DEP. Final EP not yet seen as Wisdom waiting on post Demo site check.
Pool one side of rear with other side to be cut (max 800mm) to be level with pool RL.
Was thinking Demo Co could do a partial cut to get closer to the RL to save some cash.
Retaing walls are draft only for submission purposes.
Demo Co = AtoZ Demolition. All good experiences so far.

I’m pretty sure you could get the variation removed but they may possibly charge a fee? Not sure on that one

If your confident The demo co will be able to do the job at the proper levels and on time then maybe ok.

I suppose it comes down to how much your saving and what happens if if levels aren’t as needed.

Based on my own experience with them I wouldn’t but sounds like you are happy with them so far.
Can anyone tell me how deep the 3000L slimline water tank is from front to back or even better how far from the wall the front will be? It’s just occurred to me that it will be situated on the side of our house which has a 1260mm setback and I’m worried about how tight the space might be.
Almost one month in and it's all coming together. Just need some artwork for some finishing touches..

Looks great. Hopefully that is us in about 12 weeks time.
doosra
Almost one month in and it's all coming together. Just need some artwork for some finishing touches..

Looks fantastic Doosra, I can't believe its already been a month
becks81
Can anyone tell me how deep the 3000L slimline water tank is from front to back or even better how far from the wall the front will be? It’s just occurred to me that it will be situated on the side of our house which has a 1260mm setback and I’m worried about how tight the space might be.

You need to check with the council because the setback would usually include the tank unless they do things differently where you are.

You should check your builder's supplier's website but a metal 3,000 L slimline is typically 700mm deep as a minimum but you could have two or more smaller tanks to achieve the required capacity. Just note that a tank's stated capacity usually and misleadingly does not deduct the storage capacity lost when the overflow pipe is fitted. This would make most 3,000 L metal slimline tanks about 2,850 L tanks.

EDIT ABOVE: Clarified reference to tank storage capacity.

Builders invariably have a commercial relationship with just one installer/supplier and this severely limits your choice including optioning dual purpose 'thin tanks' also used as privacy barriers (alongside a carport for example) or 'landscape tanks' also used as retaining walls and/or for garden beds and water features.
Can anyone shed any light as to why my kitchen and butler windows (both 600mm in height) would be at different window sill heights?

They were both at 910mm on the other plans abut on the construction plans they are at 910mm and 890mm high.
becks81
Can anyone shed any light as to why my kitchen and butler windows (both 600mm in height) would be at different window sill heights?

They were both at 910mm on the other plans abut on the construction plans they are at 910mm and 890mm high.

You need to go back and ask your builder to correct it or the reason behind it.

becks81

becks81 just ask for it to be changed back. On my construction plans a random dog leg wall appeared in the middle of my entrance hall.

2 things - I can’t believe I forgot we had the same facade! And also that you got your construction plans already!!!!

I had to wait 2 weeks after demo for a post demo check and then another 4 weeks after that for construction plans

Great result for you though xx
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum