Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 692 of 828
Hi guys, our bank is asking for a HIA or MBA issued Building Contract. Is this the same thing as the Building Agreement / Contract that Wisdom Homes issued at Contract signing - the one that's 100+ pages long? They are also asking for Final Fixed Contract which is the Final End Panel. Our CSR has not done ours. Now i have to wait until they re-open
ASJ1981
Hi guys, our bank is asking for a HIA or MBA issued Building Contract. Is this the same thing as the Building Agreement / Contract that Wisdom Homes issued at Contract signing - the one that's 100+ pages long? They are also asking for Final Fixed Contract which is the Final End Panel. Our CSR has not done ours. Now i have to wait until they re-open

we are waiting as well,it says take 10 to 15 working day~and they re open on 7th/01
melindaz
ASJ1981

we are waiting as well,it says take 10 to 15 working day~and they re open on 7th/01

I got an Out of Office from our CSR and she comes back on the 14th Jan! Her Out Of Office email states to contact her Team Leader for urgent matters so i will definitely be getting onto that first thing on the 7th! Mind you, i did tell her the End Panel was urgent as my broker was requesting it about 2 weeks before WH shut down, but it still was not actioned prior to her going on leave. She comes back from leave two days before my Tender expires too!
ASJ1981

ASJ1981
Yes that’s the contract your bank is after. Hopefully you get your end panel quickly
M4bath
Hi Everyone! A late Merry Christmas to my fellow posties.

I’ve been watching everyone post but haven’t written anything for awhile now. Just chilling while we were preparing for our appointments which I’m sure you would agree can be overwhelming with what tiles, what colors, what kitchen layout, what front door to choose.. 🤯 AND making sure they match!

Out of interest, did you guys keep your kitchen same cabinets colours/ type with the bathroom vanities? Some display homes are designed that way.

Also, is it a concern that the kitchen cabinets are not the industry standard of 300, 450, 600, 900mm? If you ever decide to configure / accessorise the inside of the drawers and cabinets it wouldn’t fit if you customised it with wisdoms.

Thanks!

I made my vanities all the same but it’s just really a matter of preference.

In regards to cabinet sizes they really are done to fit around your appliances first and then they go from there from there. If you want to request certain size cabinetry you certainly can
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

ASJ1981
Yes that’s the contract your bank is after. Hopefully you get your end panel quickly

Manhattan52
In a KDR scenario, do they issue the end panel after demolition?
ASJ1981
melindaz
ASJ1981

I got an Out of Office from our CSR and she comes back on the 14th Jan! Her Out Of Office email states to contact her Team Leader for urgent matters so i will definitely be getting onto that first thing on the 7th! Mind you, i did tell her the End Panel was urgent as my broker was requesting it about 2 weeks before WH shut down, but it still was not actioned prior to her going on leave. She comes back from leave two days before my Tender expires too!

You may need to extending the tender as well! We extended for one month extra ,not sure can we finish everything in January! However my broker is got experience she can settle the bank stuff in one week!
One
Manhattan52
ASJ1981

ASJ1981

Manhattan52

Yes they do. I think you need a levels check etc in case of any major change
Hi All,

does anyone have the recent price list for Wisdom Homes?
Hi All,

does anyone have the recent price list for Wisdom Homes?
Manhattan52
One
[quote=

ASJ1981

Manhattan52

Yes they do. I think you need a levels check etc in case of any major change[/quote]
I believe so. We were told: postdemo checks may lead to yet another post contract variation for more cut and fill, DEB’s etc. then it will all go in the End Panel.
Finished installing my flooring on first floor today. 1 week of non stop work but all worth it in the end.

doosra
Finished installing my flooring on first floor today. 1 week of non stop work but all worth it in the end.

Love the flooring. We are also planning to have laminate flooring to first floor. Is it not noisy? Thanks
All of you and homeone has helped me soooo much. Thanks to all.

People who got their houses enjoy the feel and celebrate.

As for others who are waiting eagerly, lets hope 2019 brings our dream homes to us.

And those who are starting, hope you love 2019 and cherish every moment of your build.

Wish all of you Very HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 !!!!!!!!
asj1981 - We are with NAB and I asked bank to do all verification etc for the loan using the draft end panel as a guide and release the paperwork when I submit the Final end panel. They did that for us except W screwed up and there was a slight difference between bit end panel, about same time last year!

So you can ask the same to your bank, to do all verification using DEP. I think you will get your slab by mid March - fingers cross!
For those who missed on Christmas handover, hang in there.

Good time to line up trades like landscaping, fencing, tiling if any. Get quotes for wardrobes via measurements & buy those final piece of furniture & electronics. have a tentative moving date to book remove list. Start packing.

Also what you can do a quick check & record of all the brick work at site and identify once you need to get replaced.

Keep your bank informed, NAB takes 7 days to release funds and required home insurance certificate and final invoice from W to do so. Also NAB authorize third party inspection as soon as you forward the tentative final invoice that CSO will send you along with PCI confirmation.

PCI to handover for us was two weeks but we paid the final account via our own funds. We did not have any major issues during PCI.

So PCI to handover time depends upon list of items to fix & release of funds from bank.
FYI - we did not upgrade any bathroom fitting and had doubts about the shower but they are really good

Also I would recommend getting all bathroom windows trans lam like we did. Cheaper than windows furnishing (eg shutter/blinds later) and looks awesome. Light through them is epic too (I had my doubts about the light filter). I will post a review of all our windows with pics soon!

This may be a common knowledge but think though those 2 way lights. We have one at the stairs & hallway but missed it upstairs hallway to master!
Hi guys, for the Landscaping PA, i'm still deciding whether we are getting the rendered letterbox through Wisdom. If i don't add it now, can i still add it on later when we have the onsite landscaping consult?
ASJ1981
Hi guys, for the Landscaping PA, i'm still deciding whether we are getting the rendered letterbox through Wisdom. If i don't add it now, can i still add it on later when we have the onsite landscaping consult?

Yes you can.Actually the only thing which goes in end panel as provisional is landscaping part. You can add new things or remove items at the time when meeting wisdom landscape on site
Kvav27
ASJ1981

Yes you can.Actually the only thing which goes in end panel as provisional is landscaping part. You can add new things or remove items at the time when meeting wisdom landscape on site

Thanks so much kvav27! I'm still deciding what type of letterbox i want
. At the moment, we only have PA for the driveway. If we decide to do a letterbox after the onsite meeting, do they just invoice us for the cost?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum