Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 685 of 828
kingofnowhere
Has any one upgraded the ducted aircon ? I guess W offers classic as default via live boldly any idea the cost to upgrade to ESP Plus for approx 33 sq home

$5000 roughly

I have just finished my appoints.
I don't know if the slimline doors in the wardrobes are worth the upgrade, its costing $750 each for 3 sets of 3 mirrored doors. I am on the basic package to the inside of my wardrobe is that steel thing which I will get someone out to change over after handover. Not sure if getting someone to do the whole package (change hinged doors to mirrored and wardrobe fit out) would just be cheaper.

Also, they have quoted me 7K for floor to ceiling tiles in 4 bathrooms (Manhattan ensuite 39), again not sure if its too messy to get someone to do this post handover, I have chosen plane white ceilings so finding similar should be easy. Thoughts? Too messy?
[quote="Steven155"]I have just finished my appoints.
I don't know if the slimline doors in the wardrobes are worth the upgrade, its costing $750 each for 3 sets of 3 mirrored doors. I am on the basic package to the inside of my wardrobe is that steel thing which I will get someone out to change over after handover. Not sure if getting someone to do the whole package (change hinged doors to mirrored and wardrobe fit out) would just be cheaper.

Also, they have quoted me 7K for floor to ceiling tiles in 4 bathrooms (Manhattan ensuite 39), again not sure if its too messy to get someone to do this post handover, I have chosen plane white ceilings so finding similar should be easy. Thoughts? Too messy

I wouldnt recommend tiling bathroom walls after handover. Would be a nightmare getting around vanities and toilets and having a nice finish to your job.
Steven155

Also, they have quoted me 7K for floor to ceiling tiles in 4 bathrooms (Manhattan ensuite 39), again not sure if its too messy to get someone to do this post handover, I have chosen plane white ceilings so finding similar should be easy. Thoughts? Too messy?

We got the signature package and actually got rid of the slim line doors as didn’t like them. We replaced them with sliding doors to match our internal doors. I think it’s called the Hume Smart Robe System. If you want tiling to the ceiling in bathroom would not recommend you do it after handover. Would be messy and possibly difficult to match your tile. It’s always easier to use tiles from the same batch to avoid any variation, no matter how slight.
MandM+4
kingofnowhere
Has any one upgraded the ducted aircon ? I guess W offers classic as default via live boldly any idea the cost to upgrade to ESP Plus for approx 33 sq home

$5000 roughly

is it worth the upgrade or any inputs?
kingofnowhere
MandM+4
kingofnowhere

$5000 roughly

With the upgrade u get Wi-Fi module so it's pretty handy. The upgraded system should save u energy as well but it will probably take a while to recoup the cost so depends if it's a forever home or not

Mish018
Steven155

We got the signature package and actually got rid of the slim line doors as didn’t like them. We replaced them with sliding doors to match our internal doors. I think it’s called the Hume Smart Robe System. If you want tiling to the ceiling in bathroom would not recommend you do it after handover. Would be messy and possibly difficult to match your tile. It’s always easier to use tiles from the same batch to avoid any variation, no matter how slight.

Mish018
Steven155

Yes I would agree with getting them to tile it all at the same time. If you're only going white tiles and not upgrading then definitely go with wisdom. Where u might save money is if u had to do a large amount of tiling and wanted to save on tile cost. Di Lorenzo use Italian tiles which are expensive for example 80 x 80 tiles will cost u at least $85-$100sqm. We did our main floor tiling because we sourced our own 90 x 90 Brazilian tiles which were only $50sqm. I think wisdom tiling cost aren't too bad.

kingofnowhere
MandM+4
kingofnowhere

$5000 roughly

You get two additional zones compared to the classic, from memory.

I’ve always had inverter systems as they save on energy, this works in a similar way. Since I didn’t have to pay extra for the AC, this upgrade was justifiable in my mind.
doosra
With the upgrade u get Wi-Fi module so it's pretty handy. The upgraded system should save u energy as well but it will probably take a while to recoup the cost so depends if it's a forever home or not

this would be my primary residence for foreseeable future, i will keep your advice when i make a final decision.
One
You get two additional zones compared to the classic, from memory.

I’ve always had inverter systems as they save on energy, this works in a similar way. Since I didn’t have to pay extra for the AC, this upgrade was justifiable in my mind.

thanks. the inverter system was one of the reason i am leaning to esp+
kingofnowhere
doosra

this would be my primary residence for foreseeable future, i will keep your advice when i make a final decision.

We got the wifi installed with our classic. It’s supposed to be extra but they installed it anyway

Energy saving is really the only reason to upgrade, and whether the upgrade is worth it for that depends on many factors like how much you will use the aircon- are you home much during the day? Will you install a solar system to counteract the energy use? Is it your forever home? Ceiling fans installed? Gas or alternative heating source for winter?

I’ve answered this a couple of pages back already but we went with the classic but did spend about $2500 on ceiling fans as we prefer to run these at night as opposed to AC. We’ve had 2 electricity bills both around $500, and don’t have natural gas, so for us our usage isn’t high enough to justify investing $5500 to save energy just on AC. We are going to install solar, which is costing around $8000 and should cover our energy usage for everything.

MandM+4

We got the wifi installed with our classic. It’s supposed to be extra but they installed it anyway

Energy saving is really the only reason to upgrade, and whether the upgrade is worth it for that depends on many factors like how much you will use the aircon- are you home much during the day? Will you install a solar system to counteract the energy use? Is it your forever home? Ceiling fans installed? Gas or alternative heating source for winter?

I’ve answered this a couple of pages back already but we went with the classic but did spend about $2500 on ceiling fans as we prefer to run these at night as opposed to AC. We’ve had 2 electricity bills both around $500, and don’t have natural gas, so for us our usage isn’t high enough to justify investing $5500 to save energy just on AC. We are going to install solar, which is costing around $8000 and should cover our energy usage for everything.

Thanx, I expect to have minimal to no usage on day time and most at night or weekends, so can't take advantage of solar without battery and the esp+ working capacity at 10% is what attracting me.... Hopefully I make a wise choice
kingofnowhere
MandM+4

Thanx, I expect to have minimal to no usage on day time and most at night or weekends, so can't take advantage of solar without battery and the esp+ working capacity at 10% is what attracting me.... Hopefully I make a wise choice

You can sell it back to the grid though
Our electricity company is paying 25 cents at the moment and charging 29 I think

How has everyone gone with electricals done for outside of the house....especially garden lights across the perimeter boundary etc

I will be getting landscaping done post-handover. Did you get junction boxes put outside....and how many are enough, they are $108 each
MandM+4
kingofnowhere
MandM+4

Our electricity company is paying 25 cents at the moment and charging 29 I think

wow thats great value wat company are you with i thought power companies paid paltry when giving back to grid
anyways think my partner might override me on the air con thing
kingofnowhere
MandM+4
kingofnowhere
[quote="MandM+4"]

wow thats great value wat company are you with i thought power companies paid paltry when giving back to grid
anyways think my partner might override me on the air con thing
/quote]

No they have to pay a minimum of 15cents
Origin

ok back with new set of queries

- any estimate on cost of polyurethane per cabinet
- any estimate on cost for adding shelves under the kitchen island like on overhang side
- thinking of upgrading from canopy to flat profile (glass or any) rangehood any idea on the cost of upgrade
CS199
How has everyone gone with electricals done for outside of the house....especially garden lights across the perimeter boundary etc

I will be getting landscaping done post-handover. Did you get junction boxes put outside....and how many are enough, they are $108 each

Bump
kingofnowhere
ok back with new set of queries

- any estimate on cost of polyurethane per cabinet
- any estimate on cost for adding shelves under the kitchen island like on overhang side
- thinking of upgrading from canopy to flat profile (glass or any) rangehood any idea on the cost of upgrade

So many variables here so hard to give you an answer

For cabinets depends on what package you already have, what size cabinets and what colour poly

For shelves under kitchen island pretty much the same variables

For rangehood depends on what package your on and what rangehood you choose? Wisdom source their appliances from Winnings appliances so you can look on their website and give your CQ person the model number to get a qoute
CS199
CS199

Bump

Would depend on size of your block as to how many are enough and what electrical work you want and where

I have 2 extra junction boxes on a 2200sqm block but all my external lighting has been provisioned for and Wisdom will install
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum