Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 683 of 828
Handover completed and got the keys 🔑.
kingofnowhere
Manhattan52
ideally should show on your construction plans but tender/contract/end panel will always override any plans. When i was in production estimating and the solar was ordered that's when the supplier came back to me through my colours consultant with placement on my roof

manhattan52 can you give bit more info on the solar panel wisdom offer?
What capacity did you get and how much was it?

It wasn’t an offer as such. I ordered a 6kw system with an 8kw Sonnen battery. I need a lot bigger system than this but this was the biggest they could do. I will add on more panels later on. This cost me $20k
Manhattan52
kingofnowhere
Manhattan52
ideally should show on your construction plans but tender/contract/end panel will always override any plans. When i was in production estimating and the solar was ordered that's when the supplier came back to me through my colours consultant with placement on my roof

manhattan52 can you give bit more info on the solar panel wisdom offer?
What capacity did you get and how much was it?

It wasn’t an offer as such. I ordered a 6kw system with an 8kw Sonnen battery. I need a lot bigger system than this but this was the biggest they could do. I will add on more panels later on. This cost me $20k

Thanks manhattan52
Priyasuresh11

congrats
kingofnowhere
Priyasuresh11

congrats

Thank you
Priyasuresh11

Congratulations!!!
Post some pics for us
COOL6789
Priyasuresh11

Congratulations!!!
Post some pics for us

Sure. Thank you

One
Hi everyone,
Some of us have solar roof tiles included in the package, should the location of these be reflected in the construction plans or is that something that gets sorted during construction?

Hi One

Our solar panels were shown in our final construction plans.

They are only approximate locations. When our solar panels were installed, they ended up being installed on the other side of the roof.
Priyasuresh11

Congratulations priyasuresh11 ! Looks great!
twolittlepeas
Priyasuresh11

Congratulations priyasuresh11 ! Looks great!

Thank you.😊
twolittlepeas
One
Hi everyone,
Some of us have solar roof tiles included in the package, should the location of these be reflected in the construction plans or is that something that gets sorted during construction?

Hi One

They are only approximate locations. When our solar panels were installed, they ended up being installed on the other side of the roof.

twolittlepeas
Thanks, I didn’t realise there are construction plans and then final construction plans. Learn something everyday! Our construction plans definitely don’t have the solar like yours.
One
twolittlepeas
One
Hi everyone,

Hi One

twolittlepeas
Thanks, I didn’t realise there are construction plans and then final construction plans. Learn something everyday! Our construction plans definitely don’t have the solar like yours.

Yeah, they don't tell you. I had to ask about them, so you should check with your colour consultant.
You get to sign off on construction plans for your DA or CDC approval.
And then you'll get your final construction plans after signing your draft end panel.
I remember seeing the location of the battery somewhere on a different page of plans too.
Another tip for those still in admin. Upgrade your alarm to include key remotes and remote to integrate with garage door. Works out cheaper than doing it afterwards. No one asked us so we didn't think of it at the time

Hi all

Need some advice. For our kitchen island bench, I have the option to extend the bench length to 3600mm instead of the standard 2800mm

The only downside is that the Caesarstone benchtop comes with the max length of 3000mm so they will need to put a joint in to make it 3600mm

Will the joint destroy the look of the benchtop? If I do go with the joint what will be a good place to have one to make it less obvious?
CS199
Hi all

Need some advice. For our kitchen island bench, I have the option to extend the bench length to 3600mm instead of the standard 2800mm

The only downside is that the Caesarstone benchtop comes with the max length of 3000mm so they will need to put a joint in to make it 3600mm

Will the joint destroy the look of the benchtop? If I do go with the joint what will be a good place to have one to make it less obvious?

The join will be straight down the middle. Depends on what benchtop you will have as to if it will look bad or not
Manhattan52
CS199
Hi all

The join will be straight down the middle. Depends on what benchtop you will have as to if it will look bad or not

They won't be a full length 3000mm and then a joint on a side for 600mm.......dont really want to spoil the look of the kitchen in trying to make island bigger. Going with Nougat as the benchtop
CS199
Manhattan52
CS199
Hi all

They won't be a full length 3000mm and then a joint on a side for 600mm.......dont really want to spoil the look of the kitchen in trying to make island bigger. Going with Nougat as the benchtop

the join will be in the middle for strength purposes. Close up you will see the join but a few metres away you won’t. Joins especially on a island bench can get a bit grubby also.

Would recommend sticking with the one slab
doosra
Another tip for those still in admin. Upgrade your alarm to include key remotes and remote to integrate with garage door. Works out cheaper than doing it afterwards. No one asked us so we didn't think of it at the time

How much are the integrated fobs/remotes?

Remote Control Handsets $99.00 each
Receiver to Alarm Control Panel for Remotes to Activate Alarm $75.00
Call out fee of technician $120.00
Optional - Receiver to Garage Motor for Remotes to Activate Garage Door off same Handset $99.00

It's the call out fee you have to pay now when doing it after handover..

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum