Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 680 of 828
Do the BASIX variations (insulation/window glazing) need to appear in the DEP?

Any common mistakes or omissions to look out for in particular?
all variations need to be on DEP
Hi all, we are new to this forum and recently come across Wisdom Homes. We are interested in Manhattan 38 and designer no balcony facade. Just wondering has anyone compared Clarendon with Wisdom Homes? What are the key differences between these two builders?

Also, they are running a promotion to upgrade to signature inclusion for $25k instead of $50k. Is that worthwhile to spend the $25k. Thank you so much !!!
Timothy
Hi all, we are new to this forum and recently come across Wisdom Homes. We are interested in Manhattan 38 and designer no balcony facade. Just wondering has anyone compared Clarendon with Wisdom Homes? What are the key differences between these two builders?

Also, they are running a promotion to upgrade to signature inclusion for $25k instead of $50k. Is that worthwhile to spend the $25k. Thank you so much !!!

We have a Manhattan 39 designer no balcony as well. Not sure on Clarendon prices and haven't done calculation on if signature is worth it. We just went with the signature.

doosra
Timothy

We have a Manhattan 39 designer no balcony as well. Not sure on Clarendon prices and haven't done calculation on if signature is worth it. We just went with the signature.

We had done 2 tenders (W and Clarendon), and decided to go with W. Quotes were very comparable, but we found Majestic's design more practical to our needs, and the quality of build and inclusions were better.
doosra
Timothy

Awesome. Do you mind sharing some photos of your build ??
singalg
doosra
Timothy

We had done 2 tenders (W and Clarendon), and decided to go with W. Quotes were very comparable, but we found Majestic's design more practical to our needs, and the quality of build and inclusions were better.

Their prices are quite similar actually. But I prefer the facade design and interior quality of wisdom homes.
Timothy
doosra
Timothy

Awesome. Do you mind sharing some photos of your build ??
You'll have to look at my build thread on here. My phone factory reset itself and lost most my photos

We have a Manhattan 39 designer no balcony as well. Not sure on Clarendon prices and haven't done calculation on if signature is worth it. We just went with the signature.[/quote]

Awesome. Do you mind sharing some photos of your build ??[/quote]You'll have to look at my build thread on here. My phone factory reset itself and lost most my photos[/quote]

Just saw some photos of your beautiful facade. Did you render the entire house or just the front bricks?
Timothy

Awesome. Do you mind sharing some photos of your build ??[/quote]You'll have to look at my build thread on here. My phone factory reset itself and lost most my photos[/quote]

Just saw some photos of your beautiful facade. Did you render the entire house or just the front bricks?[/quote]Front render only. Was about 10k

Manhattan52
@GLO Any excavation yet?
Magnus have you had your slab poured this week?

Fencing and porta loo went up Monday

Pool excavation started today and should finish tomorrow.
Manhattan52
all variations need to be on DEP

Thought so, thanks Manhattan52. Hope this doesn’t delay things too much. We also noticed a DA amendment item wasn’t on there either.

The weather is not looking good for demo next week either
Timothy

Welcome to the forum Timothy.

There's a few of us on here that are building a Manhattan. We've just finished building a 52 (Custom facade) and am very excited to say that we have handover today!!! We are extremely happy with the quality of the house. I can't comment on Clarendon as it wasn't considered when we started our building journey. You should look at floorplans that best suit your lifestyle and go from there. Best of luck.
amf139
Timothy

There's a few of us on here that are building a Manhattan. We've just finished building a 52 (Custom facade) and am very excited to say that we have handover today!!! We are extremely happy with the quality of the house. I can't comment on Clarendon as it wasn't considered when we started our building journey. You should look at floorplans that best suit your lifestyle and go from there. Best of luck.

Thanks amf139 and congratulations. I wish I could a big piece of land like you to build a Manhattan 52. Good luck to your handover today and share some beautiful photos with us !
becks81

Hi becks81, as manhattan52 has said, all Variations should be on the End Panel.

I'm still waiting for my Draft End Panel. What does it look like - same format as the Tender?

Hope the weather man is wrong about rain next week and that your demo goes ahead!
amf139
Timothy

Congratulations!

What size is your block and what date did your slab hit the ground?
GLO
amf139
Timothy

Congratulations!

What size is your block and what date did your slab hit the ground?

We did a KDRB, size is 700sqm and slab was laid in mid November 2017.

amf139

Congratulations!

What size is your block and what date did your slab hit the ground?[/quote]
We did a KDRB, size is 700sqm and slab was laid in mid November 2017.[/quote]

Excellent, I’m on 709sqm but Campbelltown Council would only allow me to build a Manhattan44 Ens. Designer No Balcony facade
ASJ1981
becks81

Hi becks81, as manhattan52 has said, all Variations should be on the End Panel.

I'm still waiting for my Draft End Panel. What does it look like - same format as the Tender?

Hope the weather man is wrong about rain next week and that your demo goes ahead!

The draft end panel will be in the same format but racked on to the end of your tender

Your end panel is just a reproduction of the same document with any corrections made

becks81

Lucky you a bit of time up your sleeve with shut down over Christmas. The weather next week won’t affect you time wise
Hi guys, some advice please.... When i first joined the thread, I have heard a few terms here and there about Transitional Drop Edge Beams etc etc, but i wasn't at that stage yet. Now i am! Anyway, received a Variation today for almost 9k for this and nearly fell off my chair. Has anyone contested this and/or asked their CSR to provide more info. I don't want to sign anything without knowing anything about what this is and if it's "accurate". I remember reading that some have actually asked for site costs to be re-evaluated and found that WH has estimated wrong....
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum