Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 679 of 828
ASJ1981
Hi everyone, does anyone know if you can attach a pdf document to a post? Someone just sent me a useful checklist for PCI. I know some of you are nearing that stage or will be in the future! Thought I would share, as sharing is caring... lol!

ASJ1981 . could you please PM me the PCI List,
TIA
stevezau - we have it reverse - step down which works well for us.

2.7 is a good height and because its from hallway to room, in my opinion, i don't think you will feel it as much as you think.

If it was room to room it would have been a different case.
aaron2008
@stevezau - we have it reverse - step down which works well for us.

2.7 is a good height and because its from hallway to room, in my opinion, i don't think you will feel it as much as you think.

If it was room to room it would have been a different case.

Thanks for the feedback all.

We have decided to just leave it. We do however need to sort out the square set height. Wisdom usually line the square set up with the top of the door frame heights. As our ceiling is 3.2 meters this means the square set will drop down about 750mm which is quite big.

Wisdom have asked what we want it at..

Anyone else have experience with square sets on super high ceilings? You can see how far they come down (the black marks)
Kvav27
singalg
spk_homebuild
Hi singalg How did the PCI go?
Also are you getting your driveway through W?

spk_homebuild, PCI went well with mostly being minor cleaning/paint patch issues (they have all been addressed on Saturday morning). 2 big ticket items were missing a powerpoint and semi-frameless shower in ensuite instead of frameless.
I am going to speak to SS tomorrow to figure a plan for these 2.

singalg , hi, Congratulations for PCI . could you please help me understand the process from PCI to handover?
We may have PCI on 17th Dec, so I want to know what all needs to be done before handover

TIA

Hi Kvav27, We were also quite overwhelmed as not knowing the unknown as what will be the process from PCI to handover.
We completed our handover today, and are very delighted!! and plan to move within next 2 weeks!
I found process fairly simple - it was basically dependent on 2 things:
- Final inspection by private certifier (SBAC)
- Final settlement of account

First one was done within couple of days of PCI, and we did account settlement today for handover (there was nothing else that I am aware of)!
We had our PCI scheduled last Tuesday and got handover today.
Since ours was a KDRB, I figured also did not need an Interim Occupancy Cert, as it is generally required for council if they need to provide new bins (for e.g. in case of new developments).

Hope that helps.
singalg
Kvav27
singalg
[quote="spk_homebuild"]Hi singalg How did the PCI go?
Also are you getting your driveway through W?

spk_homebuild, PCI went well with mostly being minor cleaning/paint patch issues (they have all been addressed on Saturday morning). 2 big ticket items were missing a powerpoint and semi-frameless shower in ensuite instead of frameless.
I am going to speak to SS tomorrow to figure a plan for these 2.

singalg , hi, Congratulations for PCI . could you please help me understand the process from PCI to handover?
We may have PCI on 17th Dec, so I want to know what all needs to be done before handover

TIA

Hi Kvav27, We were also quite overwhelmed as not knowing the unknown as what will be the process from PCI to handover.
We completed our handover today, and are very delighted!! and plan to move within next 2 weeks!

First one was done within couple of days of PCI, and we did account settlement today for handover (there was nothing else that I am aware of)!
Since ours was a KDRB, I figured also did not need an Interim Occupancy Cert, as it is generally required for council if they need to provide new bins (for e.g. in case of new developments).

Hope that helps.[/quote]Wow only a week from PCI to handover. That's awesome. I wish mine would be that quick. I don't like my chances as the final parts of my build and trades to get me to PCI were really slow so I'm wondering if it'll be the same to fix defects from PCI. Hope my SS can pick up the pace as he's expecting a baby so hope house is done before the arrival. The clock really starts now for when my pci starts because they gave me the keys to tile my house and I advised them today I completed it so trades can now be booked in.

doosra, thats what I also found - everything seemed to slow down significantly. The house has been ready since the last 3 weeks, but its the things that were found during Wisdom's own quality checks, paint touch ups, several rounds of cleaning, giving the last final touches that have taken time.
Regarding PCI defects, none of them are major to stop us from moving in - so no issues there. In general, we are very pleased with the quality of build.
The 2 big defects from PCI: we are also getting the shower screen in ensuite replaced to frameless shower. For missing power point, they could not put it there because of metal in that corner, and have placed it at an adjacent wall.
All appliances getting delivered and installed this week.
Sediment control after demolition:

My CSR has advised that we need to sort out our own sediment control after demolition. Demo starts on Monday and is projected to take 2 weeks. Then it will be Xmas so I doubt our site checks etc will be done before Jan 2019.

Our tender has this clause, does thus mean WH will do sediment control? (Will post in next comment as I can’t seem to attach using my phone)
becks81

My CSR has advised that we need to sort out our own sediment control after demolition. Demo starts on Monday and is projected to take 2 weeks. Then it will be Xmas so I doubt our site checks etc will be done before Jan 2019.

Our tender has this clause, does thus mean WH will do sediment control? (Will post in next comment as I can’t seem to attach using my phone)

becks81
becks81

Becks81, dont remember doing anything ourselves for sediment control for our KDRB, probably was all done by W.
singalg
becks81
becks81

Becks81, dont remember doing anything ourselves for sediment control for our KDRB, probably was all done by W.

Becks81

Wisdom did my sediment control
Manhattan52
singalg
becks81, dont remember doing anything ourselves for sediment control for our KDRB, probably was all done by W.

becks81

Our knock down started today. Site Demos are charging us $400-500 for sediment control. Our slab won't go down for at least another 2-3months. We thought we had to pay for sediment control until Wisdom took over.. hmm
stevezau
Manhattan52
singalg
becks81, dont remember doing anything ourselves for sediment control for our KDRB, probably was all done by W.

becks81

Our knock down started today. Site Demos are charging us $400-500 for sediment control. Our slab won't go down for at least another 2-3months. We thought we had to pay for sediment control until Wisdom took over.. hmm

Confused. Based on the comments here, we didn’t tick yes to Sediment Control. Emailing CSR now.
singalg
@doosra, thats what I also found - everything seemed to slow down significantly. The house has been ready since the last 3 weeks, but its the things that were found during Wisdom's own quality checks, paint touch ups, several rounds of cleaning, giving the last final touches that have taken time.
Regarding PCI defects, none of them are major to stop us from moving in - so no issues there. In general, we are very pleased with the quality of build.
The 2 big defects from PCI: we are also getting the shower screen in ensuite replaced to frameless shower. For missing power point, they could not put it there because of metal in that corner, and have placed it at an adjacent wall.

So did they replace the shower screen before handover of are they completing some works post handover?

stevezau
Manhattan52
singalg

becks81

In the time between the demolition and you go into Production with Wisdom you are responsible for Sediment Control.

At my property it rained, the neighbour called the council and when I discussed with Wisdom I was told in no uncertain terms I was responsible, I watched a Youtube clip, went to Bunnings and bought the stuff and did it myself.

The way the rain has been lately its probably best to get it dome prior to any issues arising.
doosra
singalg
@doosra, thats what I also found - everything seemed to slow down significantly. The house has been ready since the last 3 weeks, but its the things that were found during Wisdom's own quality checks, paint touch ups, several rounds of cleaning, giving the last final touches that have taken time.

So did they replace the shower screen before handover of are they completing some works post handover?

We requested W for an early handover, and then continue with works post handover.
For e.g., Driveway is yet to go in, and shower screen to be replaced
singalg
doosra
singalg

We requested W for an early handover, and then continue with works post handover.
For e.g., Driveway is yet to go in, and shower screen to be replaced
Interesting. I might go with that approach too. I'll wait to hear from my SS on a date first though.

singalg
Kvav27

TIA

Hope that helps.

singalg . Thanks for the details. One more question, For Final settlement of account, when did Wisdom gave you invoice? and how long did bank took to release payment?

TIA
doosra
singalg

Hope that helps.

Wow only a week from PCI to handover. That's awesome. I wish mine would be that quick. I don't like my chances as the final parts of my build and trades to get me to PCI were really slow so I'm wondering if it'll be the same to fix defects from PCI. Hope my SS can pick up the pace as he's expecting a baby so hope house is done before the arrival. The clock really starts now for when my pci starts because they gave me the keys to tile my house and I advised them today I completed it so trades can now be booked in.

doosra glad to hear Wisdom agreed to give keys before handover for you to finish Tiling. I will know by this weekend if we will have PCI.When does Wisdom share last Invoice? I guess Banks need a week to give the cheque?

TIA
Kriti
Kvav27
singalg
Kvav27

TIA

Hope that helps.

singalg . Thanks for the details. One more question, For Final settlement of account, when did Wisdom gave you invoice? and how long did bank took to release payment?

TIA

Kvav27, we did not have any bank involved. We actually had received a variation from W (credit note) that I had to sign and send back, the final statement was issued the same day too. so it was all done within a couple of days of PCI.
GLO Any excavation yet?
Magnus have you had your slab poured this week?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum