Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 670 of 828
GLO
CS199
I know.... already 180K over base price of the house and have kitchen, colour and flooring consultations left
O think we are closer to 300 over base.

$1.3M over the base price and yes that’s the build only
Manhattan52
GLO
CS199
I know.... already 180K over base price of the house and have kitchen, colour and flooring consultations left

What was the main areas where you went beyond budget

Our electrical, security and AC has been ok ish so far....50K more then what we planned. But I have a feeling Kitchen and flooring upgrades will be more
Manhattan52
I think your laundry at 1700 wide is just fine

Thanks, guess just looking for validation
Manhattan52
GLO
CS199

What was the main areas where you went beyond budget

Our electrical, security and AC has been ok ish so far....50K more then what we planned. But I have a feeling Kitchen and flooring upgrades will be more

I haven’t gone beyond my budget in any of the areas actually. We are extremely happy with our total price although it is still climbing each week since starting on site.

This is my 4th KDRB but first with a volume builder. You spend a boat load of time in admin with a volume build but you certainly get value for money.

I spent an extra $130k at Di Lorenzo but that includes underfloor heating for my whole ground floor and 5 bathrooms. It also includes my external alfresco/pool and outdoor paths tiling so the external tiling is the exact same as internal tiling

Electrical was $25k and Tapware/basins etc another $20k I think

Timpelle is hard to reconcile for me because some was in the variations and some in my tender and some was a bit of each but I have easily spent $180k there due to joinery in every room.

Landscaping and Pool are about $400k but will more likely be a lot more especially since retaining walls last week were added at $38k

Facade/render/bricks etc was another $100k.

My site supervisor now wants to cut up my concrete driveway and lay services under them ( elect/gas/water instead of along the side where they currently are) and that’s for 84 metres so am expecting a nice massive building variation for that as well.

It all adds up and as I said I knew what to expect and we are happy with where we are at $$ wise.
amf139
Priyasuresh11
Hi Guys,

We are close to PCI. Does anyone have a checklist for it?

Did anyone do with private inspection company?

Please share it. Thank you in advance.

Hi Priyasuresh11,

If you are close to PCI have you been given a number of days over contract for LD?

W are claiming 69 wet days!!! Ummmm Im certain we are in drought. Sure there's been some wet days but 69?

Has anyone recently moved in or had PCI with similar claim?

We started in late Feb and had handover 2 weeks ago - they claimed 25 rain days with us.

stevezau
Manhattan52
I think your laundry at 1700 wide is just fine

Thanks, guess just looking for validation

Your laundry bench top will typically be 600 deep. Gives you 1100 to walk through laundry which is pretty good.
Jenifermarie
amf139
Priyasuresh11
Hi Guys,

We are close to PCI. Does anyone have a checklist for it?

Did anyone do with private inspection company?

Please share it. Thank you in advance.

Hi Priyasuresh11,

If you are close to PCI have you been given a number of days over contract for LD?

W are claiming 69 wet days!!! Ummmm Im certain we are in drought. Sure there's been some wet days but 69?

We started in late Feb and had handover 2 weeks ago - they claimed 25 rain days with us.

JenniferMarie, Thankyou!!! There seems to be a huge discrepancy doesn't there?
amf139
Jenifermarie
amf139
Hi Priyasuresh11,

JenniferMarie, Thankyou!!! There seems to be a huge discrepancy doesn't there?

amf139 - they might have started counting the rain days from when you first signed up with them all those years ago....

On a positive, glad to hear that you will be moving in very soon....
stevezau
Hey All,

Looking for some advice on our laundry/powder, we are stuck on what to do. We have had to shrink parts of our house due to Council FSR. The laundry/powder is the one we are worried about due to the width.

Right now

-downstairs powder is 1600mm wide and 3010mm deep.
-laundry is 1700mm wide by 3380mm long

I think the powder is not ideal but should be ok. The laundry i'm thinking might be too narrow/annoying. All other plans i've looked at the laundry is about 2000mm wide.

Hoping someone here can help me decide what to do. I could put 100mm back in the laundry but other areas of the house will suffer slightly.

Hi stevezau,

Ours is 1800 wide and I would not advise to go any less than that. If you are going to iron in there, it becomes a squeeze, also any washing baskets, etc on the floor and there is not much space left....

Oz
ozmonkeyoy
stevezau
Hey All,

Looking for some advice on our laundry/powder, we are stuck on what to do. We have had to shrink parts of our house due to Council FSR. The laundry/powder is the one we are worried about due to the width.

Right now

-downstairs powder is 1600mm wide and 3010mm deep.
-laundry is 1700mm wide by 3380mm long

I think the powder is not ideal but should be ok. The laundry i'm thinking might be too narrow/annoying. All other plans i've looked at the laundry is about 2000mm wide.

Hoping someone here can help me decide what to do. I could put 100mm back in the laundry but other areas of the house will suffer slightly.

Hi stevezau,

Ours is 1800 wide and I would not advise to go any less than that. If you are going to iron in there, it becomes a squeeze, also any washing baskets, etc on the floor and there is not much space left....

Oz

Thanks, we added back the 100mm after measuring it out today.
Jenifermarie

But that was with a 30week contract right?

GLO
Jenifermarie

But that was with a 30week contract right?

Our contract is 36 weeks... currently at 54/55

Has anyone recently moved in or had PCI with similar claim?[/quote]

[/quote]
JenniferMarie, Thankyou!!! There seems to be a huge discrepancy doesn't there?[/quote]
amf139 - they might have started counting the rain days from when you first signed up with them all those years ago....

On a positive, glad to hear that you will be moving in very soon....
[/quote]

Thanks Oz
glad to finally be here.

Jenifermarie
It’s been a week since handover and we’re finally making some progress towards our house being like a home. It’s felt like a never ending list of deliveries, trades, building furniture and trips to Bunnings!

Kitchen - Before

After

Master Bedroom - Before

After

Our custom dining table has arrived but our buffet is on backorder and we’re still hunting art for the wall behind it

Next challenges are finishing off the living spaces and unpacking the rest of our boxes.

Congratulations once again Jenifermarie Pics look awesome as usual
singalg
One
amf139
Driveway and side path done today.

Looks great! Your windows must be an upgrade. They blend in very well with your design

amf139, its looking great!
My driveway goes in next week - and that's the last thing to go in, so really excited reaching the final stages!

Hi singalg
Looks we are just behind you by a week. Our shower screens are being fitted. Do you have a PCI date yet?
Kazi
@twolittlepeas, we also had a very quick and good construction period. Happy how it went throughout.

It's only when the last items 'driveway, fencing, landscaping' were supposed to be started, RAIN started and has been continuing for 3 weeks in Sydney! Our house is ready inside, but what can be done with weather.

Wisdom, however, is trying hard to progress even with the wet soil. I appreciate. We are very happy with our SS who finished almost everything ahead of time which is helping to cope up with the weather delay. We are 30 weeks from Slab now (not including public holidays and rain). Slab went on 19 March 2018.

Hoping to get PCI date soon. I am optimistic to end my journey with Wisdom Homes as a happy customer.

Hi Kazi did you have your PCI and move in ? we had our slab exactly one month after yours. So we are hoping to have a PCI date soon.
Hi guys,

We are planning to organise a professional inspection for the PCI. Please share your experiences how did you go with it? Is it best to go with the professional inspection during PCI or let them inspect after our PCI. W seems to fix the issues what we identify during PCI.

Thanks
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

We are planning to organise a professional inspection for the PCI. Please share your experiences how did you go with it? Is it best to go with the professional inspection during PCI or let them inspect after our PCI. W seems to fix the issues what we identify during PCI.

Thanks

That's great spk_homebuild, Received the official PCI email today with PCI date being 27th November, so expecting handover in second week of December. The house was all complete a week before, just final touch-ups and driveway going in this week.
The date also concerns me that if any issue found by SBAC - not sure if there will be enough time to remediate and get any re-inspections done prior to Christmas.
I know couple of things I need to do that I had decided to do myself to ensure that SBAC approval goes ok (atleast for IOC):
- install clothes line
- install external steps to glass doors of laundry and living, and to back door of garage (as they have a drop of abt 50-60 cms).

Has any one here experienced any delays/issues with SBAC approval? Also, anyone received IOC instead of FOC?
Is there any time limit from IOC when FOC must be obtained?

Thanks.
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

Thanks

Priyasuresh11, I am planning to get external inspector in at the same time as PCI - 27/11.
singalg
Priyasuresh11
Hi guys,

Thanks

Priyasuresh11, I am planning to get external inspector in at the same time as PCI - 27/11.

That’s a good idea.
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum