Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 659 of 828
champs2018
Need some help with kitchen colors plz..I am very bad at it but I am looking at a grey white and black combo...our benchtop is intensewhite colour, flashback is coal, we decided to go with white polyurethane before but now that we plan to do a combination of laminate and polyurethane..I am looking at zincworks laminate for upper cabinets and riga zinc from polytec for bottom cabinets.. does intense whìte benchtoo with coal flashback and zincworks/riga zinc cabinets go well??
Attaching flashback, benchtop and white polyurethane and our floor laminate..plz suggest

I think we were told you had to choose either Polytec or Laminex and couldn’t mix.
Anyone here used https://euappliances.com/ ??
becks81
champs2018
Need some help with kitchen colors plz..I am very bad at it but I am looking at a grey white and black combo...our benchtop is intensewhite colour, flashback is coal, we decided to go with white polyurethane before but now that we plan to do a combination of laminate and polyurethane..I am looking at zincworks laminate for upper cabinets and riga zinc from polytec for bottom cabinets.. does intense whìte benchtoo with coal flashback and zincworks/riga zinc cabinets go well??
Attaching flashback, benchtop and white polyurethane and our floor laminate..plz suggest

I think we were told you had to choose either Polytec or Laminex and couldn’t mix.
I have charcoal colour will send you photo black splash back was to dark didnt bring colours out on splash back so I bought my own tiles if your javeing dark cupboards get something that will bring your kitchen to life

becks81
Manhattan52
Chompy
Was it the texture of the gesso?

becks81

What did you change to?

We got Elegance Silver Lappato in 600x600, I'll post a pic later, unfortunately the lighting is so bright in CQ that you can't appreciate the difference, or how dark the Gesso Pearl Grey is.

This is the best picture I could find, the tile we have chosen is on the left, the Gesso on the right, the bottom two are alfresco and porch.
becks81

This is the best picture I could find, the tile we have chosen is on the left, the Gesso on the right, the bottom two are alfresco and porch.

Looks great becks81. how much was that per sqm?
ASJ1981
becks81

Can anyone tell me if the labour should be a different cost between tiling the main floor and upgraded areas like the home theatre?? There's quite a big difference in my quote. $39.80 vs $96.60.

ASJ1981 it's $48/m2
becks81
ASJ1981
becks81

Can anyone tell me if the labour should be a different cost between tiling the main floor and upgraded areas like the home theatre?? There's quite a big difference in my quote. $39.80 vs $96.60.

ASJ1981 it's $48/m2

Yes, surprisingly it was huge for us compared to floorboard
becks81

Your main floor has a labour component built into your package price whereas your upgraded areas do not so you have to pay the full amount of labour as well as glue etc. your upgraded areas will probably say “ supply and fix” which is where you will find the difference. Those numbers do look right
We have a new set of issues with having received out joinery plans:

We did not realise that we had to ensure we were quoted for soft close hinges. We have them in certain areas as part of package upgrades such as our kitchen, laundry, powder and master ensuite. The words soft close only appear in some but not all of these items in our tender (even though the feature is included, so we didn't know it was an issue). We asked for it during the kitchen consult but didn't realise it was an omission from the Timpelle quote. We feel it should be in included in the Selection Schedule if it's an upgrade that has to be itemised specifically. Our tender features "vanity upgrades" which I assumed would include soft close. I'm so frustrated at the lack of transparency in some areas of the selection process, we have to be guided by WH in many areas because how is a customer supposed to know that something should or shouldn't appear in one document and not another, it's confusing if there are so many documents pertaining to different components if the joinery, i.e tender, Selection Schedule, Timpelle quote and Timpelle plan.

Our build is not cheap, why would we only include soft close in some areas. Sorry for ranting.

TL; DR - if you want soft close hinges, make sure it is in your Timpelle quote
Manhattan52
@becks81

Your main floor has a labour component built into your package price whereas your upgraded areas do not so you have to pay the full amount of labour as well as glue etc. your upgraded areas will probably say “ supply and fix” which is where you will find the difference. Those numbers do look right

Thanks!! I did not realise this was included, I thought it was just the $35/m2 of tile allowance.
becks81

We did not realise that we had to ensure we were quoted for soft close hinges. We have them in certain areas as part of package upgrades such as our kitchen, laundry, powder and master ensuite. The words soft close only appear in some but not all of these items in our tender (even though the feature is included, so we didn't know it was an issue). We asked for it during the kitchen consult but didn't realise it was an omission from the Timpelle quote. We feel it should be in included in the Selection Schedule if it's an upgrade that has to be itemised specifically. Our tender features "vanity upgrades" which I assumed would include soft close. I'm so frustrated at the lack of transparency in some areas of the selection process, we have to be guided by WH in many areas because how is a customer supposed to know that something should or shouldn't appear in one document and not another, it's confusing if there are so many documents pertaining to different components if the joinery, i.e tender, Selection Schedule, Timpelle quote and Timpelle plan.

Our build is not cheap, why would we only include soft close in some areas. Sorry for ranting.

The Timpelle quote can be a bit confusing and so can the joinery plans. Especially if you have things included in your tender

I do agree and think they should ask if you want certain things throughout the whole plans.

We had quite a few things missing that I specifically requested

just send them back with your notes for amendments.

I understand it can be frustrating but Don’t worry it’s not holding up your progress.
Manhattan52
becks81

The Timpelle quote can be a bit confusing and so can the joinery plans. Especially if you have things included in your tender

I do agree and think they should ask if you want certain things throughout the whole plans.

I understand it can be frustrating but Don’t worry it’s not holding up your progress.

Thanks!! I just don't feel we should be lumped with the $500 admin fee to add soft close hinges to 2 ensuite vanities when we should have had better guidance in this area. Especially if the plans need to be amended for something else anyway. Our kitchen rep has actually been extremely thorough and picked up lots of things on our behalf. This is mainly a systems issue.
becks81

Hi Becks81. Just had a quick look at my Timpelle paperwork. Ours says "Soft Close Doors: Yes" and "Soft Close Drawers: Yes". Is that the same thing as Soft Close Hinges you mentioned above?
becks81
Manhattan52
becks81

Thanks!! I just don't feel we should be lumped with the $500 admin fee to add soft close hinges to 2 ensuite vanities when we should have had better guidance in this area. Especially if the plans need to be amended for something else anyway. Our kitchen rep has actually been extremely thorough and picked up lots of things on our behalf. This is mainly a systems issue.

Have they said they will charge you? I don’t think they will
ASJ1981
becks81

Hi Becks81. Just had a quick look at my Timpelle paperwork. Ours says "Soft Close Doors: Yes" and "Soft Close Drawers: Yes". Is that the same thing as Soft Close Hinges you mentioned above?

Our doors are not soft close..is that a requirement as only draws are soft close
What media room door (cavity sliding) has everyone selected? We want a wood door but not sure if it should have glass or not?

All the ones we are have glass and not sure why. Would of thought u want it as dark as possible?
ASJ1981
becks81

Yes, that's what I'm referring to.
champs2018
ASJ1981
becks81

Our doors are not soft close..is that a requirement as only draws are soft close

Not a requirement, just preferable and we are used to soft close everything in our previous home. Touch catches cannot be combined with soft close (although we did with our last renovation so I'm not sure why we can't select it)
Manhattan52
becks81
Manhattan52

Have they said they will charge you? I don’t think they will

Warned that we will probably be charged although I had a strong argument against, they are going to go in to bat for us tomorrow.
stevezau
What media room door (cavity sliding) has everyone selected? We want a wood door but not sure if it should have glass or not?

All the ones we are have glass and not sure why. Would of thought u want it as dark as possible?

We’ve got Lin1 doors in Japan Black. Top pic is husbands study and bottom pic is billiard room.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum