Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 654 of 828
Sort out the locations ASAP... Trust Me
If you can cover the wall that surrounds the tap(s) do so as the painters will make a complete mess of it. Connecting a hose is far to hard and inconvenient to the trades and you will be left with dull bricks as the acid wash will be harsh on them especially if you have a standard slurry brick
Hi,

Building washington 26,newpark..

Would appreciate input/reco regarding floor tiles...

Planning a 600x600 floor tile but torn if we will do it with di lorenzo or after handover. Which could be cheaper? Any idea how much it will be with di lorenzo?

Also, any idea how much would be the credit if we will do it after handover?

Were also doing timber floor after handover, any idea how much will be the credit back from wisdom for thr carpet?

We are now in the selection stage/colour.

Thank you!
Guys does anyone know what the round about cost of upgrade to poly cabinets in a 39sqm house

And the cost of waterfall
Steven155
Guys does anyone know what the round about cost of upgrade to poly cabinets in a 39sqm house

Waterfall ends will depend on size and stone colours. Around $3500 for standard colour. Deluxe will be more and supernatural will be a lot more.
One

Where are you up to now? Have you submitted CDC yet?
ozmonkeyoy
champs2018

Cool..we have not considered a fan for our alfresco now considering its a very small area. Would be better to get it post handover if we feel the need..good to know that it can be done later. Thanks

You will need some type of noggin, etc attached to the beams of your alfresco for where you wish the fan to sit before the gyprock goes on.

Hi Oz,

Where did you get the fan from? May I know the brand?

Thanks
Manhattan52
@One

We received our submission plans which took a week so I was pleased about that, I asked whether it was possible to make a few amendments (like moving downpipes away from facade), little did I know that more than 2 weeks or is it 3 weeks later, I lost count, we are still waiting not knowing if the amendments could be made. So, unfortunately, CDC has not started yet. I have also come to the realisation that despite our CSR's advice last month on slab "definitely" be laid before Christmas, is not going to happen.

Manhattan52, I know you have had a long delay, did W charge you the $1K a month to keep contract pricing? I feel it would be unfair for us to be paying this extra cost if it’s W that is causing the delay.

Where are you up to now?
One
Manhattan52
@One

We received our submission plans which took a week so I was pleased about that, I asked whether it was possible to make a few amendments, little did I know that more than 2 weeks or is it 3 weeks later, I lost count, we are still waiting not knowing if the amendments could be made, like moving the down pipes away from the facade. So, unfortunately, CDC has not started yet. I have also come to the realisation that the slab before Christmas that our CSR had advised is just not going to happen.

Manhattan52, I know you have had a long delay, did W charge you extra to keep contract pricing? I feel it would be unfair if it’s W that is causing the delay yet we have to pay extra.

Where are you up to now?

No they didn’t charge any extra we had no problems with that. We were advised by our salesperson we would have a slab by last Christmas. Still in production estimates and waiting for excavation

Hopefully you will have a slab by Easter we are currently at 4 months since CDC approval to give you an idea of timeframe.
Anyone doing a skylight post handover? I know there is a builder mark up but the same brand and size skylight is available at Bunnings for $330, obviously excluding labour cost but with W it is PA$2275.

Also, can anyone share the brand / supplier of the rainwater tank used by W? Just want to check out dimensions available.
Just tracking DAs on my council website, e.g. front fence approved this month was submitted in June!!!! Hopes of Xmas 2019 are dashed
M4bath
Anyone doing a skylight post handover? I know there is a builder mark up but the same brand and size skylight is available at Bunnings for $330, obviously excluding labour cost but with W it is PA$2275.

Also, can anyone share the brand / supplier of the rainwater tank used by W? Just want to check out dimensions available.

Your rainwater tank size will depend on your hydraulics requirements . I think they do a 3000L but is unlikely thats what you will have for a KDRB
[quote="becks81"]Just tracking DAs on my council website, e.g. front fence approved this month was submitted in June!!!! Hopes of Xmas 2019 are dashed
/quote]
becks81

so sorry to hear that. My council took 10 months to come and look at a tree struck by lightning for removal. Heres hoping you have no revisions for approval
M4bath

I have done skylight with W, I got the velux fixed skylight FS C06 2004 with solar block out blind for $2800.

I had checked with team in Australia who can do skylight post handover the charges to do were roughly 1200 and the price of product. So to me it felt like less hassle
Steven155

For 32 sqm it was approximately $2000
Council letters for DA approval commencement include the name of the officer who is looking after your file. a quick call wont hurt and you become a voice rather than number.
@manhattan 52 - tree removal = expense so its always late. We had similar issue with two trees
and it took them 2 years to remove!
aaron2008

It was a tree removal on our land at our expense. We just needed permission.
Manhattan52
One
Manhattan52
@One

We received our submission plans which took a week so I was pleased about that, I asked whether it was possible to make a few amendments, little did I know that more than 2 weeks or is it 3 weeks later, I lost count, we are still waiting not knowing if the amendments could be made, like moving the down pipes away from the facade. So, unfortunately, CDC has not started yet. I have also come to the realisation that the slab before Christmas that our CSR had advised is just not going to happen.

Manhattan52, I know you have had a long delay, did W charge you extra to keep contract pricing? I feel it would be unfair if it’s W that is causing the delay yet we have to pay extra.

Where are you up to now?

No they didn’t charge any extra we had no problems with that. We were advised by our salesperson we would have a slab by last Christmas. Still in production estimates and waiting for excavation

Hopefully you will have a slab by Easter we are currently at 4 months since CDC approval to give you an idea of timeframe.

Won't be too far off now M52. Our Council approval came in late June 2017 and site scrape was 8 November. Fingers crossed for a slab for Christmas.
Won't be too far off now M52. Our Council approval came in late June 2017 and site scrape was 8 November. Fingers crossed for a slab for Christmas.[/quote]

@amf135
How far along are you? Is your build nearly complete?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum